Negative Reviews of Bond No.9 Perfume Oud by Bond No. 9

Find out more about Bond No.9 Perfume Oud by Bond No. 9 in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sherapop's avatar
    sherapop

First off, let me boldly declare that I am NOT anosmic to oud. Why Bond no 9 itself carries a very fine oud fragrance familiar to me: HARRODS SWAROVSKI LIMITED EDITION. I am sorry to have to report, however, that Bond no 9 SIGNATURE seems like a serious case of "Mistakes were made." Have I been sniffing too much iso-E-super, and is it in fact fat soluble? I'm wondering because SIGNATURE smells to me suspiciously similar to a few different heavily iso-E-super-infused colognes. No oud whatsoever, as far as I can tell! No roses either, for that matter. Just that all-too-familiar "smacks of cedar" smell...

I have to give this one a thumbs down because of the mix-up in the lab or the decanting error. Either way, anyone looking for an oud perfume need not apply... Both this composition and HARRODS FOR HER appear to be the products of "modular perfuming" gone awry.

01st November, 2011

MrFragranceReview's avatar
    MrFragranceReview

Completely uninspiring, boring and uninteresting. It's hard to remember what it smells like because it's so generic and plain. It's pleasant but thats about it yet it's strong in projection and longevity.
    It's kind of 'gummy', fruity and is slightly rosey with a light hand of our. Quite fit for a woman rather than for a man. It smells rather cheap at times, I'm not against synthetics at all like most people(if it smells good then who cares?) but it doesn't smell all that great. There are so many better options out there.
    The only reason to buy this is if you have deep pockets and you like Bond No.9 as a house. While Bond has many of my favorite scents I buy single fragrances, not because of what house it comes from.

15 September, 2011

the_good_life's avatar
    the_good_life
    Germany Germany

Luxury trash. No oud, but plenty of cheap synthetics. Thus a fitting signature fragrance for this house.

25 May, 2011

30 Roses's avatar
    30 Roses

I tried this on at Saks. It smelled exactly like our toilet bowl cleaner. I had my husband, then my daughter smell it-- they thought the same thing. Hideous.

28 March, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

I've been trying many of the Bond N.9 perfumes but I really can't say which ones as they're all basically the same. Well, they're not really the same, but toally looks like.Very loud, vulgar and a bit annoying. The "street name concept" is ridiculous, the bottle is ridiculous, prices are ridiculous and most of all the scents are ridicolous. Mass market expensive scents for rich women with no class but with a platinum credit card. One of the most overstimated perfumes brand ever. Sorry!

05 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 05 September, 2011)

scentsitivity's avatar
    scentsitivity

This has oud??? I cannot find it. Smells like a screechy synthetic rose. Loud and cheap.

01st January, 2011

Granola's avatar
    Granola

Where is the oud? To call this underwhelming is an overstatement and this can go for any freshie in the market for 1/10th the price. Longevity was 2 hours on my skin and the whole thing disappeared with no trace. This is a waste of time and a waste of money. Double thumbs down

23 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 03 April, 2010)