Neutral Reviews of Bond No.9 Perfume Oud by Bond No. 9

Something unique from the house...

When I smell this fragrance, it occurs to me that, although the notes themselves are in no way unique, the way they are put together is. What I mean to say is, I think this fragrance delivers on a unique smell which I haven't experienced from other similar "types" of fragrances.

Bond No. 9 - Signature is a Rose-Oud combination unlike that which I have smelled before. I say this because, I find it light and refreshing, but still interesting enough to be unique in smell. There seems to be a refreshing citrus quality here (probably bergamot) which then transitions onto rose (an extremely pleasing and full but refreshing rose note) along with soft oud and woods, before being enveloped by a white musk. This fragrance is not sweet, nor is it too floral, nor is it too dark or woody. In fact, it has a "Goldilocks" factor in that it is "just right".

Now, for people looking for more (IE a heavier rose, darker oud etc) then this may not be for you. If someone is looking for an animalic style musk, then they wouldn't find it here. It is very well balanced and unique so in terms of smell I find it very pleasing and intriguing, just don't expect a loud punch with this one.

As with all Bond No. 9 fragrances, I would recommend trying or sampling first. However for uniqueness I believe this fragrance has it, but not for power or strength of scent. I do believe that this is very versatile and can be worn any time any where. It's a good effort and should be tried first, before making a decision.
23rd September, 2017
I submit in this space my review for the new Bond n. 9 Signature whose for the moment we haven't a special space for reviewing and while waiting for it, sorry.
Decidedly feminine and sultry. This one is the smell of a woman that while sweating exudes all the scents, the balsams, the creams, the secretions and the cosmetics of its sensual, voluptuous and clean body. Unfortunately the initial evolution is a bit off-putting for my nose cause the opening is too much fruity and kind of synthetic with its resinous sort of gummy feel of chewing gum. The strong dosage of aoud tends to project in a while a dissonant, balsamic aroma as deep and acute to come out with somewhat salty nuances. The note of tonka is not smoky but caramellous and gummy and the outcome is like a sort of rosey honey vibe with a sultry kind of pungent floral fruitiness close to a neroli accord. Going ahead the gummy effect disappears and a nice woodsy rose starts to step up with a sort of decidedly basamic pungent whiff of floral and orangy white musk. Erotic, a bit chemical but sophisticated end chic at once. Longevity and projection are strong and powerful.
29th May, 2011 (last edited: 14th July, 2014)
This is getting really tiresome.
"This" refers to being let down (yet again) by another lackluster performance from BOND.
Original? F**k no!
There are roughly 100 others (mainstream, nonetheless) fragrances on the market, that share the same trend/vibe as this.
The only one worth mentioning is TABAROME MILLESIME.
It has been kicking around in the streets since....Oh.....2000 A.D.
29th March, 2010