Reviews

Negative Reviews of Marine Groove by Escada

ESCADA fragrances are not a Fantastic Example to describe you in my mind because often I found them lack of personality.Furthermore they are nice just within a Few minutes of application without a Distinctive Dry Down while this is one Important Factor to make a Great Fragrance.totally this reasons create a lot of debate about them.

Excuse Me ladies for this long introduction and now MARINE GROOVE,It starts with a blast of fruits like Grapefruit and Pineapple.Fruits are quite more dominant than Flowers in this EDT as i couldn't find floral notes in it!

A fun and Fruity tropical fragrance perfect for SUMMER.I recommend it to Everybody who likes smell like fruit cocktail.in other words this one is Casual,Carefree,Juicy,Playful,Soft,Simple, Modern and Nothing Special at all and in a Cheap way.Good for a Missy in Ordinary days.

Sillage?Average.

Longevity?About 2 hours on my skin.

5.5/10
15th May, 2015
I'm approaching my sample with some trepidation...I've never tried an Escada before and I have to say that the packaging is about as cheap and tacky as it gets. None the less I am doing my best to approach with an open mind...

And ye Gods it's sweet...sweet like a strawberry-scented plastic dolls head. Seriously, all I am getting for an opener is strawberry, and it's not a ripe, warmed by the sun strawberry, it's unashamedly synthetic. After ten minutes or so I'm starting to feel a touch of slightly sour passionfruit. This phase is actually much more enjoyable, it's odd that such a true passionfruit should be combined with such an artificial strawberry and I want to shout at that plastic-dolly-strawberry "Oi you, clear off !" So that I can enjoy that sharp passionfruit in peace. Sadly, it doesn't appear to be listening and just keeps hanging around like the proverbial bad smell. I still have no jasmine, I still have no musk. Paeony? Well perhaps. To be honest I'm not sure, I have grown peonies in my garden for many years and find their scent barely perceptible so I'm not sure I would recognise it. Perhaps it's there, somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it smothered under that nauseating plastic strawberry syrup blanket.

I'm quite surprised at this being marketed as a Summer scent, I can't think of anything worse on a hot day than smelling like a melted strawberry chew from the pick n' mix that's melted & stuck to the hot tarmac.

No No No No No.
26th April, 2011
eris Show all reviews
Smelled this all day every day on one of my friends for quite a long while there. A linear, unimaginative fruity floral that is unapologetically sweet. To be honest, there is just one note, and that note--to my nose, at least--is passion fruit. Simple and appealing...at least for the first hour or so. I should probably admit that if I hadn't been quite so overexposed to it, it may have gone Neutral instead of Thumbs Down.
05th February, 2011