Neutral Reviews of Guerlain Homme Intense by Guerlain

Hmm, Intense? I cannot smell it much on me, though my co-worker says it is quite powerful and pleasant. Must be some of the ingredients that appeal more to certain noses. It is certainly pleasant, starting 'fresh' and develops into something more 'woody'. But rather generic to my nose although it is a Guerlain. In the end, it is difficult to assess since my experience is different from my friend's.
20th July, 2015
I liked it more in the store than when I got it home, which is often the way things seem to go when you make an on-the-spot decision to own something that you didn't go into the store looking to buy, but that aside, this fragrance is just not interesting to me. Every couple of months I will give it a try in the hopes that somehow, Time will have worked some magic on the juice, but each time, I shake my head and wish I hadn't been so impulsive. It is not bad, but it is boring, and not something you would expect from the House of Guerlain.
24th December, 2013

The first blast projects basically the same whiff of the original version but with a short duration and a more heavy intensity of rum flavoured by mint, rhubarb, citrus and grapefruit (may be also mango). In few words the best part of the original concoction is reduced in duration and adulterated in substance. The tea-bergamot watery effect  of the middle phase is a dazzle lasting a while before the fragrance slides towards a denser woodsy rounded base of vetiver, cedar and smoky tonka. All the olfactory phases are shorter in the evolution and more amalgamated. The sillage is powerful  but among the different variations (the intense, the original and l'eau) this is the one i less like .
17th July, 2011