Negative Reviews of Private Collection - Bois Naufragé by Parfumerie Generale

Find out more about Private Collection - Bois Naufragé by Parfumerie Generale in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

After a very brief burst of galbanum and fresh green notes, Bois Naufragé settles on an attractive milky-sweet fig accord. But wait – doesn’t Parfumerie Générale already have a perfectly good (perhaps even perfect?) fig scent in Jardins de Kérylos? Why mine the same vein again?

Maybe, I figured, Bois Naufragé would turn into something very different from Jardin de Kérylos once it began to develop. What it turns into, after roughly fifteen minutes, is absolutely nothing. Poof! Once the fig is gone, all I can smell is a pale floral note so feeble I can’t identify it, plus some equally weak and indistinct woods – and these only if I press the skin I doused in Bois Naufragé up to my nose and inhale with uncouth vigor. Jardins de Kérylos is no marathon athlete itself, but it far outlasts this new offering.

Am I anosmic to some key ingredient? Beats me, but I can’t imagine paying niche fragrance prices for something that delivers less intensity or lasting power than a scented shower gel. An unnecessary release, if you ask me.

09th June, 2014

alfarom's avatar

A mass market perfume behind a good concept. It's completely undistinguishable form Marc Jacobs original scent for men. So if MJ is mass market why shouldn't be this one? Mr. Guillame shoud better reduce a little bit his productions and maybe focus on just a bunch of them. An unnecessary perfume!

04th March, 2011