Positive Reviews of Eau d’Épices by Tauer

Find out more about Eau d’Épices by Tauer in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

easycesco's avatar

Eau d'Epices is my favourite Tauer's stuff.
    It opens with dry spice notes, like cumin, clove, pepper, cinnamon. Overall a dry leather accord Very nice..
    i like this dry, dusty feel! Not a powerful intrusive scent, but with a soft and natural body.
    The woody-amber drydown gets a beautiful skin scent!
    My 2011 summer scent!

06th April, 2011 (Last Edited: 29th October, 2011)

vitaman's avatar

This smells extremely natural and at the same time fabulous.
    It is not a powerhouse and tends to woo you softly. Excellent longevity and keeps getting better. If you are around people who are easily offended by fragrances, this may work. It can be appreciated by sophisticates and beginners alike. Deceptively simple, if the bottle I ordered yesterday was here, it would be on me now.

25th March, 2011

BayKAT's avatar

So, I'll be very curious to see how this one is received, because I like it (and haven't liked much else from this house). For once I am pleasantly surprised.

This opens as is- so if you like dry spice notes you'll certainly like this. What I'm love best is the middle phase, which is a warm floral with a delicate kick. The incense works well here, and keeps the other notes from gettign too loud. I can't recommend sticking your nose against your wrist, however, because if you do you'll get a blast of cardboard. This works best as a subtle halo about your person (so use sparingly)

I'd say this is different than most of his creations, becaues it seems less harsh to me. I feel like Andy was in his happy space when he put this one together.

If I were to buy a Tauer this would be it

28th October, 2010

Persolaise's avatar

Eau d'Épices begins with the eponymous spices. Cardamom, cumin, pepper, cinnamon and goodness knows what else fly into the air, as if leaping out of a basket that's just been thrown at the sun. They descend onto a landscape that's part terracotta, part summer orchard, where the pungency of orange blossom competes with the resinous waft of incense. There's a hint of dryness in the air, a sense of crackling heat. And then things become really impressive. Three different forces engage in a tug-of-war - ambery wood, frankincense and indolic floral - but instead of cancelling each other out, they all manage to make their presence felt with clarity and insane longevity. Those of us who've played around with pipettes and essential oils will appreciate that this feat is nothing short of astonishing.

Whether or not you'll actually like it is another matter. I'd be lying if I said I fell in love with it straight away. There's a particular note hovering around the floral section - a vaguely synthetic, green citrus - that I found difficult to ignore, although it's much less pronounced on paper than on skin. By no means did it spoil the entire experience, but it did distract from the other, more pleasurable elements. Having said that, the fragrance yielded several compliments from those caught in its sillage, with comments ranging from, "It smells like amazingly fresh air," to "It smells like walking into a warm house on a freezing cold day." In other words: sniff before you buy! Personally, I haven't yet been able to shower Eau D'Épices with total adoration, but there is no doubt that it's a worthy addition to the Tauer line and that it commands all my respect.

06th October, 2010

DollyDagger64's avatar

Eau d'Epices opens with a rich airy blast of spices. This is no gourmand. It hs no density or chewy quality. Wearing it is like having someone with a censer of burning incense walking in front wafting smoke that surrounds with the scent of spices. The drydown is delicious and long lasting. I highly recommend it.

05th October, 2010