Reviews of Aventus by Creed

I first got my nose on this in 2016, so I can't comment on how it was in it's original launch. However, I was still blown away upon first sniff. I got a small sample from a local high end luxury store, wore it before bed, and placed my order the next day for a full 120ml bottle. I plan on always having a bottle of this in my collection for as long as I live. It's my signature.

Main notes I get are Bergamot, Birch, Musk, Patchouli, Oak Moss, and Ambergris (and in that order). There's a pineapple vibe for the first 15 minutes, but that's about it. The bergamot in this so beautiful and three dimensional and I'm surprised it's not commented on more. My favorite note though, is the birch note mixed with the gorgeous musk, and you get to enjoy this for the entire fragrance (but more so in the latter stages). The birch note I pick up is not so much smoky, but more of a nice dry wood that is freshly chopped and sitting in the sun.

Longevity is excellent, I get next day performance. Sillage is unreal and you'll fill a room with 2 sprays. Sometimes your scent trail will last till the next day. The magic for this fragrance really happens when you don't smell it anymore and then get beautiful wafts throughout the day and into the next when you wake up. You never get bored and it never gets obnoxious.

Compliments don't need to be touched on much because everyone has heard it before. This will get you compliments from people who are 10 years old and 100 years old, and they'll happen multiple times per day every single time you'll wear this. Don't wear this if you are an introvert.

I have sampled hundreds of fragrances since and this is the only one I would consider a "masterpiece". This identifies with me on a personal level.

By batch is 16J01 but I've had my nose on multiple batches and while all slightly different, they are all beautiful and essentially the same. And like all Creeds, let it breath and know that the performance gets better and better with age. My bottle is now 2 years old and it gets better with every wearing. I'm at about 40% juice left.

Long live the King. He's still alive, even after the "reformulations".

07th April, 2018
Batch variation or no batch variation, my bottle shows differences to the tester that made me buy this.

Opens with sour physalis and some birch, shows some smoke and spices and dies to my nose. A skin scent within 2 hours. The drydown is almost nowhere to my nose. I guess I was unlucky.

Having purchased this along other Creed fragrances I must say this is a passmark, but nothing spectacular.
I have tried replicas that do a better job.
19th March, 2018
It used to be daring, it used to smell masculine smokey and divine. Now it smells really nice in the opening but almost like every fresh fruity fragrance out there. They replaced this daring amazing fragrance and put out a safe, healthy 'EDT' quality and performance frag.

I remember the old 2014 batch I used to wear, I would savor every drop and each wearing was a magical experience that lasted many a long hour. Now these new 2017 batches are a complete misfire from what it used to provide, short burst of tart fruit with a linear woody dry down of wood and musk.

During my wearings I get a maximum of 3 hours of projection and a very boring dry-down that had little to no character. Has Creed lost their minds raising the price so high while the quality has gone down with each new iteration? Yes. The demand must be so high that they are just riding the wave of money and putting out batches even faster, and they are likely releasing watered down weak performing juice just to fill orders.

What Aventus used to be, pre-2014 was worthy of awards, now it's just a watered down shell of it's old self. Sad really. They could at the very least release a batch with warning labels that includes the vintage birch tar and resinous notes so the batch hunting could come to an end. Regardless I still wind up batch hunting and spending lots of money in the process trying to find that vintage divine scent I cherished so much, to no avail.
28th February, 2018 (last edited: 11th March, 2018)

Bought a sample vial months ago. Finally ponied up for a 4oz flacon.

I'll admit right off the bat that I'm quite a creed fan. Let that fact shade my comments how it will according to how you feel about this house.

I do believe in batch variation, for my sample vial was a bit smokier than my own bottle, 16H01. Mine is fruitier. However, I don't think the severity of variation is as extreme as others hold it to be.

This is the finest fragrance I've ever put to my nose. Smoky pineapple, apple, birch and that lovely creamy ambrox you find especially in Original Vetiver. Honestly, when it arrived I considered my creed collection complete.

The three that follow relatively closely behind for me are Himalaya, Original Vetiver, and, of course, Green Irish Tweed, all great performers as well.

When I smell this fragrance, I smile. I can't help myself. Is it worth the money? It is for me.

Also, buyer beware. I told my friend about this fragrance and he bought a bottle for $250 from some online source. Not sure which. About a week ago, after he saw some internet posts/videos about fake Aventus he texted me for pictures of my bottle and lot number, batch number etc.

His was fake.

If you're gonna drop this kind of money on a fragrance, buy from a reputable source.

Projection is excellent. Longevity is excellent as well, though I do believe this fragrance lends itself easily to noseblindness for the wearer. For me, after about 5 hours it feels like a skin scent, but today at the seventh hour mark I had someone ask me if I was wearing something new. So it was still projecting.

This is the only creed fragrance of which I bought a sample vial first, and the one of which there was the least need to do so; in fact, none.
C'est le meilleur de tout. Ne laissez personne vous dire autrement.

16th February, 2018 (last edited: 20th February, 2018)
Wow, I really don't get the hype on this. It's fascinating to sample something that has entire conversation threads dedicated to it and not like it at all.

I'm sampling straight from Luckyscent, so this is the real thing.

I get Apple/Pineapple/General Fruit, Baby Powder, and the classic Creed smooth drydown (basically smells like GIT at the very end)...kind of smells like a Fruit based Drugstore shampoo to me.

Maybe it's just a younger generation that is leaning away from the stereotypical masculine scents? Fair enough, different strokes and all, but this one really smells like something a grandmother might have liked in the 1920's. Light, fruity, powdery, I barely get any smoke, pine or spice as others have mentioned.

As with all Creed's, I can tell they are using quality ingredients but the fact this is marketed as a masculine, kinglike scent is bizarre to my nose.

I do love both fresh (GIT, TFGV, GV) and darker/smokey/woody fragrances (GPH, Hwyl, Nassomato Duro) so maybe this just isn't my style...give it a nuetral, might not be my thing but the ingredients are quality.
30th January, 2018
ad_scott Show all reviews
Very fresh pineapple in the opening which stays strong for 5 minutes...fades...then balances with the Italian bergamot and blackcurrant notes. Then it turns greener and has a Drakkar Noir vibe but in a luxurious and sophisticated way. Drydown is birch trees adjacent to an asphalt-layed road with the faint scent of rose, jasmine and fruits in the air. A quality fragrance.
07th January, 2018
After all of these years of listening to the hype I finally bought a bottle. Wow is all I have to say. I own Royal Oud, Bois Du Portugal and Original Vetiver and now Aventus. I have sampled almost all of the Creeds and can honestly say that these are the four best fragrances that I have personally encountered, but the Aventus is in a league of its own.
18th November, 2017
I've own alot of fragrances, from designer to niche I have a pretty broad collection. But, I've only owned one Creed fragrance which was GiT, till I bought Aventus.

Aventus is a scent that has enough hype behind it to fuel its own marketing without having to invest in marketing. I've never seen an add for it but I always knew right when I jumped into cologne, that it was "The King" I finally forked over to get a batch 16M01.

Its earned its hype accordingly. I've never seen a fragrance with this amount of performance. I have oud fragrances that don't out perform this monster. I get EASILY 12+ hours on skin.

It has a scent that is incredibly hard to describe without using the generic "Pineapple and woods". Its an amazing combination and with Creed's attention to detail by using the finest ingredients, it turns into a top seller.

Whenever I wear this fragrance I spray it on and become instantly more confident compared to my other colognes. I feel like a literal demi-god, nothing can stop me. Its out there, gives you an alpha complex and makes you feel more confident. It caught me off guard because I love GiT and used alot of it, but this is easily my signature scent.

The batch variations really mess up the fragrance sometimes, but if you get a decent balanced batch. It becomes an easy reach, and an even easier wear.
07th October, 2017
Okay, first time trying out a niche fragrance on my skin.

First thoughts: smells more like a natural scent a guy would emit, rather than a chemical fragrance he applied. That's pretty impressive. It's musky, but there are other notes, which I'm guessing are the pineapple and French apple to elevate it just above a kind of sex smell. I don't detect the specific scent of pineapple, but I do get a hint of fruitiness that merges with the musk to make it smooth.
Some of the other reviewers describe this as a very masculine scent. I'd agree. It's not Antaeus or other powerhouses, it's far smoother. But it's definitely masculine, but not quite what I'd term macho. There's some testosterone here though.

Me personally, I'm a little baffled as to how this is such a popular men's cologne. The total lack of synthetic characteristics is really nice. But it's not a scent that I actually care for. It's TOO musky in my opinion. I don't think it's something I'd like to smell on someone, let alone myself.

03rd October, 2017 (last edited: 05th October, 2017)
Will Aventus go down as an all time classic?? Yes
Dose it gather compliments? Yes
Is it a beautiful smelling fragrance? Yes

Of course I have given it tops marks and a big thumbs up.

I can't think of a fragrance that has had more of an impact on the fragrance community. For good and bad!! It's the most talked about and the most hyped while at the same time the most loathed.

Where Aventus wins is that it is very mass appealing while still remaining different from mainstream.

A winner!
28th September, 2017 (last edited: 26th February, 2018)
I mean...it smells pretty good, I just wouldn't pay the high price per mL. Definitely smokey. I get more of an apple vibe with very subtle pineapple. It's like a gentleman's fresh cologne. I can understand the shaving foam reference after wearing it a day or two. IMHO there's plenty of better smelling fragrances for a quarter of the price...
19th August, 2017 (last edited: 20th August, 2017)
Chronologie III

Modern reinterpretation of the 1980's. Magnificent smell of quality shaving foam mixed with pineapple and currant.

I had the opportunity to smell it when it first appeared in the market, and I had it in my collection by the next year.

I neither feel sorry nor is it important that it became mega popular and that the younger generations are doing the propaganda that bothers many. What I do find important is that pleasure and emotions I feel when I'm wearing it.

Aventus is a scent for urban gentlemen, which can be worn throughout the year, combined with some elegant style. Stability and projection are great.

My olfactory signature, the perfume I found myself in.

Masterpiece...

27th July, 2017
i cant really tell what it is.. maybe pineapple.. but i smell a salty smell along with it... some describe it as ashy or smokey. i smell salty fruit. and i love salt and salty fruit!.. freak'n smells awesome!
25th July, 2017

A true masterpiece and definitely my signature sent hands down. This particular fragrance was the one who put me on my journey of becoming a true enthusiast and frag-head!
25th July, 2017
Bigsly Show all reviews
The French apples really makes this scent. If the apples were from anywhere else, there's no way anyone would like this one, I'm convinced. Have you ever eaten a French apple? If not, you are missing one of the greatest experiences of your life! Seriously, it's okay. I've got some clones of it and a decant, not sure which batch, but don't care. Do I rate it higher than something like the humble (and vintage formulation) of Uomo? Moschino? No, that's a lot more interesting/dynamic and they are both similar in terms of the occasions, weather, etc. in which I'd wear these types of scents. It's the ultimate "hype train" scent, but that doesn't bother me, and I understand that few people want to do a lot of sampling/comparing. I'd give it a neutral if retail price is taken into account, at best, but I'll rate it a weak positive for the scent itself.
22nd July, 2017
A great fragrance that's
Very popular despite
Bad mod covfefe.
02nd July, 2017
I understand that some scent hounds (meant that in a good way) will not wear this, but most of them admit that it is a good fragrance. I have never received more compliments from another frag than I have with this gem!
In fact, I was at the deli counter at Jewel, and a lady commented to another lady that "something smells really good". I thought she was talking about the roasted chicken (seriously-she was about 5 feet away and it had been at least 3 hours since Aventus was applied), but then she said, "someone is wearing nice cologne". I stated that it might me me, she got close and inhaled deeply, and said, "wow, what is that?".
The pineapple and apple opening is, IMO, without precedent. The dry down is equally pleasing. I do admit that it is expensive, but my collection will always be graced with a bottle. I also appreciate the variation in the batches. To most frag-heads, we can detect the variation, but to the average person walking through your scent trail, it just smells fantastic! Excellent job! This frag needs to be saluted.
18th June, 2017
TooBIG Show all reviews
I know there is a bunch of hype on this one but this is the King. It's just a masterpiece of a scent. Expensive for a reason you get what you pay for performance and complements. This last a long time on my skin and can be smelled by many when not even in real close proximity.

If you can't afford a whole bottle start out small and fine someone that will do splits with you or will decant it to you.

Must have to anyone's collection.
18th June, 2017
Ill try not to say anything here that hasn't already been said, but this is a fantastic fragrance. I currently have 16j01 and based on what I've read about other batches I'd say this one is very well balanced. Not the most complex scent but still really interesting. Hard to find anything else like it. Longevity is at least 8 hours. Silage in my opinion is moderate. Really versatile fragrance in that I can see myself wearing this casually, to the office, on a date, or to a formal event. Not necessarily favorite fragrance but it's up there and my wife absolutely loves it. Big thumbs up!
15th June, 2017
I sampled two different batches. It's just not for me. I get full-on birch, oak moss, and patchouli. Then I get a touch of bergamot, ambergris, rose, and jasmine. Not interesting enough for me. I wouldn't like this on a man, either. My husband didn't like it, for sure.

When I layer it with other rose-scented perfumes, it seems a little better.
13th June, 2017
Nice juice, but count me among those who don't really see what all the fuss is about. A pleasant fragrance and that's about it.
07th May, 2017
It is a splendid, lovely, fruity, and complex fragrance which automatically increases your mood. Extremely long lasting, sillage is quite low considering. I wouldn't class it as a masculine fragrance, more unisex, I can't say what would qualify it to be masculine. Overall, a great fragrance, a bit overrated but worth the price.
25th March, 2017 (last edited: 01st April, 2017)
I guess I don't "get it" when it comes to Aventus. Oh well - hundreds of other fragrances that are far superior for far less money.
13th March, 2017
So, after reading and watching so many reviews I bit the bullet did a blind buy on the soleil dor website for a 4 oz. bottle. I got the 16k11 batch for the scent nerds. I can't compare it to other batches, but this fragrance IMO is overhyped. But, regardless of the hype I like this fragrance for what it is and it's BEAST performance. I was scared that these 2016/17 batches would be shit in performance due to all the hearing I've heard. I spray one shot at the center of my collar bone throat above chest area with a shirt on and it last all day. 8.5-9 hours clocked. It may go further didn't bother to ask my roommates. Easily my best purchase to date. Oh and I say nerds as a compliment as I look for you/them to guide me to more fragrances I may enjoy.
14th February, 2017
This is the scent that started it all for me. I was pre-gaming with friends for a night out and a fellow BN'er and perfume connoisseur pulls out a decant of Aventus. When I first smelled it in the bottle, I didn't recognize it as anything special, but then as I watched the girls we were with react to it, I felt compelled to give it a more thorough assessment. The looks on their faces said, "Whoa!", "Wow!", "OMG!" ect. One even said, "dont spray any more of that, you're making me all hot and bothered over here" (or something to that effect). So naturally, I sprayed some on my arm just to see what all the commotion was about, and soon I was saying Wow myself. Kept sniffing it all night and into the next morning, and decided that day that I had to have some of this. I have a decant, and will be getting a bottle at some point.

Since that night, I've explored many more Creeds and determined that Aventus isn't really my personal favorite in the line. That smokey tar note is a little brash for me, but it isn't a complete deal breaker. Even if I'd decided that I don't like the frag, I would still give it a thumbs up based purely on the female reactions to it. It's a lady killer and draws many compliments. Must have for any Creed fan.
18th January, 2017

In general I adore being able to "smell", it's one of my favourite human senses. I don't know what it is but Aventus is just so wonderfully crafted and it's awoken my love and interest in perfumes that regrettably faded away a few years ago.

The first blast has that perfect fruity punch of pineapples and apples that is so loved by the fans. Then for me it quickly dries down into the familiar and comforting smell that for me IS Aventus.

The Aventus smell is so difficult to describe properly for someone who hasn't experienced it and the lay person will have this problem in spades, just describing it as "Wow" "nice", or "lush". Compliments a plenty from women and men, but with no real focus about WHAT they like about it.

To me it's pleasant, calming and provides a very relaxing but strong confidence vibe. It tends to project reasonably well, without being offensive or the slightest bit invasive. It's a welcomed friendly scent without being too sweet, or too sour. It's masculine and musky, but also light at the same time.

A lot of the older reviews talk about incredible longevity and projection, but these modern batches regrettably seem to pale in comparison. This is an obvious disappointment, but even then the modern version is still a King among Kings.

It's without doubt my favourite fragrance. If you've never tried it before, should you get the chance in the future, please do.
03rd January, 2017
I am reminded of the Ren and Stimpy Show's commercial for "Log"... the line "it's better than bad, it's good!"
I wish I would've gotten into perfumery sooner, so I could have had a shot at what sounds like a fantastic fragrance.
An opening of fresh pineapple and real apples... turns into a phony apple air freshener note. Disappointing! I was getting thirsty.
It becomes greener, like a Granny Smith apple, and it seems that there might be some genuine black currant bud absolute in here. Vegetal, celery-like on my skin. I've lost interest though, because even though it seemed unwearable during the first 15 minutes, at least it was interesting. I'm glad I only got a sample.
20th December, 2016
One of the fragrances that got me into this hobby. I remember reading about it and then once intrigued, ordered some samples since no stores around me allow Creed samples.

I ordered Aventus, GIT, SMW and MI, hoping to get an idea of what Creed was all about. Aventus was the clear winner, not only in scent but just pure power. I think some must have spilled in the box I was keeping the sample in because each time I opened it for the next month I could smell this amazing scent that I wanted to smell like.

It does get compliments, does get noticed and does live up to all the boasts about the projection and longevity. I think it was the first fragrance that I had tried that came close to living up to all the reviews and hype.
16th December, 2016
For an Eau de Parfum it doesn't last too long. Also, at the store I tried it on the sample sheet and it smelled amazing, however when I sprayed on my body the smell was a bit different and I couldn't feel the top notes. However, Aventus has got a fancy fragrance and I'm not sorry for having buying it, actually I'm quite satisfied.
06th December, 2016 (last edited: 07th December, 2016)
I really wish Creed would stop sending Aventus samples with my orders. So many people gush over this fragrance, but I simply don't see it. After spraying it on a wrist, the initial opening is fruity..... almost feminine. On the dry down, I seem to get way too much spice. Almost like a high school kid who's trying too hard. Very unpleasant to my nose. Good thing longevity is so poor, because I couldn't wait for it to wear off. Couple hours, and it was completely gone! And I know it was a genuine product, since it came directly from Creed.

I also want to mention something about this fragrance having a "reputation" among women. Anyone who's reading this, just keep in mind that there are SO many factors that affect attraction that one simply can not pin it on a fragrance alone. Smelling good just gives you an edge.
03rd December, 2016