Reviews of Aventus by Creed

A true masterpiece and definitely my signature sent hands down. This particular fragrance was the one who put me on my journey of becoming a true enthusiast and frag-head!
25th July, 2017
Bigsly Show all reviews
The French apples really makes this scent. If the apples were from anywhere else, there's no way anyone would like this one, I'm convinced. Have you ever eaten a French apple? If not, you are missing one of the greatest experiences of your life! Seriously, it's okay. I've got some clones of it and a decant, not sure which batch, but don't care. Do I rate it higher than something like the humble (and vintage formulation) of Uomo? Moschino? No, that's a lot more interesting/dynamic and they are both similar in terms of the occasions, weather, etc. in which I'd wear these types of scents. It's the ultimate "hype train" scent, but that doesn't bother me, and I understand that few people want to do a lot of sampling/comparing. I'd give it a neutral if retail price is taken into account, at best, but I'll rate it a weak positive for the scent itself.
22nd July, 2017
A great fragrance that's
Very popular despite
Bad mod covfefe.
02nd July, 2017

I understand that some scent hounds (meant that in a good way) will not wear this, but most of them admit that it is a good fragrance. I have never received more compliments from another frag than I have with this gem!
In fact, I was at the deli counter at Jewel, and a lady commented to another lady that "something smells really good". I thought she was talking about the roasted chicken (seriously-she was about 5 feet away and it had been at least 3 hours since Aventus was applied), but then she said, "someone is wearing nice cologne". I stated that it might me me, she got close and inhaled deeply, and said, "wow, what is that?".
The pineapple and apple opening is, IMO, without precedent. The dry down is equally pleasing. I do admit that it is expensive, but my collection will always be graced with a bottle. I also appreciate the variation in the batches. To most frag-heads, we can detect the variation, but to the average person walking through your scent trail, it just smells fantastic! Excellent job! This frag needs to be saluted.
18th June, 2017
TooBIG Show all reviews
I know there is a bunch of hype on this one but this is the King. It's just a masterpiece of a scent. Expensive for a reason you get what you pay for performance and complements. This last a long time on my skin and can be smelled by many when not even in real close proximity.

If you can't afford a whole bottle start out small and fine someone that will do splits with you or will decant it to you.

Must have to anyone's collection.
18th June, 2017
Ill try not to say anything here that hasn't already been said, but this is a fantastic fragrance. I currently have 16j01 and based on what I've read about other batches I'd say this one is very well balanced. Not the most complex scent but still really interesting. Hard to find anything else like it. Longevity is at least 8 hours. Silage in my opinion is moderate. Really versatile fragrance in that I can see myself wearing this casually, to the office, on a date, or to a formal event. Not necessarily favorite fragrance but it's up there and my wife absolutely loves it. Big thumbs up!
15th June, 2017
I sampled two different batches. It's just not for me. I get full-on birch, oak moss, and patchouli. Then I get a touch of bergamot, ambergris, rose, and jasmine. Not interesting enough for me. I wouldn't like this on a man, either. My husband didn't like it, for sure.

When I layer it with other rose-scented perfumes, it seems a little better.
13th June, 2017
Nice juice, but count me among those who don't really see what all the fuss is about. A pleasant fragrance and that's about it.
07th May, 2017
It is a splendid, lovely, fruity, and complex fragrance which automatically increases your mood. Extremely long lasting, sillage is quite low considering. I wouldn't class it as a masculine fragrance, more unisex, I can't say what would qualify it to be masculine. Overall, a great fragrance, a bit overrated but worth the price.
25th March, 2017 (last edited: 01st April, 2017)
I guess I don't "get it" when it comes to Aventus. Oh well - hundreds of other fragrances that are far superior for far less money.
13th March, 2017
So, after reading and watching so many reviews I bit the bullet did a blind buy on the soleil dor website for a 4 oz. bottle. I got the 16k11 batch for the scent nerds. I can't compare it to other batches, but this fragrance IMO is overhyped. But, regardless of the hype I like this fragrance for what it is and it's BEAST performance. I was scared that these 2016/17 batches would be shit in performance due to all the hearing I've heard. I spray one shot at the center of my collar bone throat above chest area with a shirt on and it last all day. 8.5-9 hours clocked. It may go further didn't bother to ask my roommates. Easily my best purchase to date. Oh and I say nerds as a compliment as I look for you/them to guide me to more fragrances I may enjoy.
14th February, 2017
This is the scent that started it all for me. I was pre-gaming with friends for a night out and a fellow BN'er and perfume connoisseur pulls out a decant of Aventus. When I first smelled it in the bottle, I didn't recognize it as anything special, but then as I watched the girls we were with react to it, I felt compelled to give it a more thorough assessment. The looks on their faces said, "Whoa!", "Wow!", "OMG!" ect. One even said, "dont spray any more of that, you're making me all hot and bothered over here" (or something to that effect). So naturally, I sprayed some on my arm just to see what all the commotion was about, and soon I was saying Wow myself. Kept sniffing it all night and into the next morning, and decided that day that I had to have some of this. I have a decant, and will be getting a bottle at some point.

Since that night, I've explored many more Creeds and determined that Aventus isn't really my personal favorite in the line. That smokey tar note is a little brash for me, but it isn't a complete deal breaker. Even if I'd decided that I don't like the frag, I would still give it a thumbs up based purely on the female reactions to it. It's a lady killer and draws many compliments. Must have for any Creed fan.
18th January, 2017

In general I adore being able to "smell", it's one of my favourite human senses. I don't know what it is but Aventus is just so wonderfully crafted and it's awoken my love and interest in perfumes that regrettably faded away a few years ago.

The first blast has that perfect fruity punch of pineapples and apples that is so loved by the fans. Then for me it quickly dries down into the familiar and comforting smell that for me IS Aventus.

The Aventus smell is so difficult to describe properly for someone who hasn't experienced it and the lay person will have this problem in spades, just describing it as "Wow" "nice", or "lush". Compliments a plenty from women and men, but with no real focus about WHAT they like about it.

To me it's pleasant, calming and provides a very relaxing but strong confidence vibe. It tends to project reasonably well, without being offensive or the slightest bit invasive. It's a welcomed friendly scent without being too sweet, or too sour. It's masculine and musky, but also light at the same time.

A lot of the older reviews talk about incredible longevity and projection, but these modern batches regrettably seem to pale in comparison. This is an obvious disappointment, but even then the modern version is still a King among Kings.

It's without doubt my favourite fragrance. If you've never tried it before, should you get the chance in the future, please do.
03rd January, 2017

I am reminded of the Ren and Stimpy Show's commercial for "Log"... the line "it's better than bad, it's good!"
I wish I would've gotten into perfumery sooner, so I could have had a shot at what sounds like a fantastic fragrance.
An opening of fresh pineapple and real apples... turns into a phony apple air freshener note. Disappointing! I was getting thirsty.
It becomes greener, like a Granny Smith apple, and it seems that there might be some genuine black currant bud absolute in here. Vegetal, celery-like on my skin. I've lost interest though, because even though it seemed unwearable during the first 15 minutes, at least it was interesting. I'm glad I only got a sample.
20th December, 2016
One of the fragrances that got me into this hobby. I remember reading about it and then once intrigued, ordered some samples since no stores around me allow Creed samples.

I ordered Aventus, GIT, SMW and MI, hoping to get an idea of what Creed was all about. Aventus was the clear winner, not only in scent but just pure power. I think some must have spilled in the box I was keeping the sample in because each time I opened it for the next month I could smell this amazing scent that I wanted to smell like.

It does get compliments, does get noticed and does live up to all the boasts about the projection and longevity. I think it was the first fragrance that I had tried that came close to living up to all the reviews and hype.
16th December, 2016
For an Eau de Parfum it doesn't last too long. Also, at the store I tried it on the sample sheet and it smelled amazing, however when I sprayed on my body the smell was a bit different and I couldn't feel the top notes. However, Aventus has got a fancy fragrance and I'm not sorry for having buying it, actually I'm quite satisfied.
06th December, 2016 (last edited: 07th December, 2016)
I really wish Creed would stop sending Aventus samples with my orders. So many people gush over this fragrance, but I simply don't see it. After spraying it on a wrist, the initial opening is fruity..... almost feminine. On the dry down, I seem to get way too much spice. Almost like a high school kid who's trying too hard. Very unpleasant to my nose. Good thing longevity is so poor, because I couldn't wait for it to wear off. Couple hours, and it was completely gone! And I know it was a genuine product, since it came directly from Creed.

I also want to mention something about this fragrance having a "reputation" among women. Anyone who's reading this, just keep in mind that there are SO many factors that affect attraction that one simply can not pin it on a fragrance alone. Smelling good just gives you an edge.
03rd December, 2016
Lost Kingdom. Today I can not recognize the Aventus I used to wear and i'm very sad. 2016 batches ? I don't know why it's not really the same and so weak performances... no projection and last few hours (3-4) on skin and even on shirt ! Where is my Adventus, What happened to Adventus ? Creed reaction ?

12th November, 2016
a fresh, safe, versatile masculine fragrance

Starts off with a fresh fruity smell. the smoky birch notes then start to show up providing more masculinity to the mix. i then get accustomed to the smell and almost stop detecting it. it then shows up under certain conditions (e.g. body heat) out of nowhere as a very nice musky fragrance. the musky drydown stays there close to my skin for more than 24 hours.i like the drydown. its a very versatile scent that almost never disturbs people around you.
Just into the thumbs up territory.

Overall score: 7.8/10
10th November, 2016
bokaba Show all reviews
Summary: Musky Floral Fruity

I finally got around to sampling the fabled Aventus. Unfortunately, Aventus is part of the decaying recent trend of the House of Creed.

Aventus opens with a fairly pleasant pine-pineapple accord. The heart is a white floral and the base is a detergent-type musk.
06th November, 2016
Being relatively new to this world I have to keep things simple with this review.

I really like the Aventus fragrance, all the notes I can smell are pleasing to me, but on my skin performance is an issue. Obviously this is not the case with everyone but I am glad i didn't blind buy a full bottle before I had time to test this.
30th October, 2016
Tried this today in a department store today and subsequently really wish that I hadn't.

Had originally gone in to try something else but was convinced to try by the sales assistant who was raving about it. Upon first application it came across as fairly fresh but that very quickly settled down into something that I can only liken to something from the pound shop, which hung around for the rest of the day. No problems with longevity but the fragrance is definitely not for me at all I'm afraid.
15th October, 2016
Stardate 20161003:

A decent fragrance. Smells nice and clean and lasts long. There is not much development but then it is a Creed. Better than most of Creed and many other "Niches". The fanboys make it a bit hard to like the fragrance but that is not Aventus' fault. If the price was better it would be a thumbs up.

Update :
I got it for around $1/ml split and I should use that as the price rather than retail. So I am giving it thumbs up.
03rd October, 2016 (last edited: 04th October, 2016)
Nice and clean! Black Currant, Jasmine, Oakmoss. Eucris with a Pineapple start. As I say nice and clean. I like to be nice and a little bit dirty.
I'll take the Eucris with it's Cumin and eat a Pineapple for lunch.Eucris lasts all day with more colour and buoyancy.Here goes another push. Eucris.
03rd October, 2016
I was curious about Aventus because I wondered if it was possible to evaluate the fragrance without pre-scorn or bias, and if indeed I liked it, would I be able to say so? Alternately, if I disliked it or was lukewarm, could I say that too without having to tone down my words?

I dislike Aventus on principle – the hype, the crude jokes, etc. But the fragrance itself is pretty nice.

The opening is immediately appealing – a fresh, fruity note identifiable as pineapple but not tropical in any way. I am able to identify the style as the Creed house style, which comes across as watery, green, fresh, and sparkling in a slightly metallic but pleasant way. I think that many of the Creed Royal Exclusives such as Aventus and Spice and Wood play with the trope of fresh fruit (apple, pineapple) joined to a light, clean cedary base. It is crisp, aqueous, and pleasant to wear.

The base is smoky in a lightly-charred-woods kind of way, owing to a restrained hand with birch tar and cedar or oak wood. It smells slightly synthetic, but in a way that seems deliberate and therefore forms part of the fragrance’s charm, as in CdG Black.

As it dries down even further, it becomes sharper and more generic, with a “male aftershave”-y character. I could see my brothers wearing this. It’s clean and inoffensively masculine, so I can see why this would be a popular, safe choice for the office.

Pineapple over birch tar – it doesn’t sound like much, does it? However, Aventus manages to come across as more than a sum of its parts. Like Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT or L’Instant, the fragrance might seem nothing special when you pick it apart or smell it on a paper strip. But when you spray it and wear it over the course of a day, it forms a sort of force field of attractiveness around you that cannot be explained away by the notes. You smell great and other people think you smell great too.

It's pretty soulless and generic-smelling. But it does its job of making a man seem clean, fresh, and ready to mate with.

26th September, 2016
This is a hard review as I believe with all the batch variations it's hard to give an accurate representation but it opens fruity (pineapple) and for me with some wood, goes into a musky light apple fragrance, stupidly good projection and longevity to boot, I am struggling as to whether it goes to a thumbs up or neutral review, I will put thumbs up for now though.

Scent: 8/10
Longevity: 9/10
Sillage: 9/10

Overall: 8.66
04th September, 2016
Being number 2 in a series of 16 reviews on critically acclaimed and noteworthy scents.

As usual with Creeds, I was dubious about trying this. A first reaction might be: pineapple? really? But then I have no objection to smelling like coffee, cocoa, aniseed, and any number of other comestibles.

There is perhaps less going on up top than the note pyramid suggests; either that, or the pineapple blocks the rest out. The descriptions of "smoky pineapple" and similar are pretty much spot on, as fairly early on the pineapple is joined by a smokiness that is comprised of, I suppose, the birch, patchouli, and base notes as cited above.

And... it's not half bad. I get on with it. The FWF family approves, which is important. Most of all, it smells rather better than it sounds. It's almost like a cologne type fragrance given the Andy Warhol treatment, the same patterns and figures, just a completely left-field palette. It does not, as I suspected it might, smell like I had spilt a can of Lilt* over myself. It's way more sophisticated than that. Not sure I would buy in a hurry (q.v.: Himalaya), but I would get use out of Aventus were someone to buy it for me. Thumbs up for boldness and blend.

* UK name for a pineapple and grapefruit carbonated beverage.
30th August, 2016
Great scent but not my favourite. I believe it is overhyped.
10th August, 2016
I'm curious if anyone picks up on a similarity to Raid : Ant Killer - pine forest fresh scent
09th August, 2016
Above all, Aventus is versatile. It's so fresh and zesty, that a scorching summer's day is its perfect accompaniment. Come evening time, spray on some more (your nose gets used to it really fast otherwise) and marvel at how the ever-so-slightly smoky drydown is just what the doctor ordered. Freezing winter? Of course, spray it on! It smells great! A true signature gem. I have a clone produced locally, which I usually layer with my 10ml decant of Aventus batch 11Z01 on my pulse points. The clone actually projects more, but after the drydown it becomes sickly and cloying, whereas the real stuff is simply sublime.

Five+ stars