Reviews of Aventus by Creed

Second Creed bottle I’ve purchased, second I’ve been happy with. There have been some great informative reviews, so I’ll try and do something difference and give a novices take to other newcomers:

1) Ignore the BS, toxic masculinity and white noise, just focus on the fragrance

2) Batch variation might be of use to refer to on your second or third bottle, but don’t sweat it. I have a 2019 batch that smells great - not super smoky in the opening, leans much more heavily on pineapple and black currant, the birch is understated, but it’s definitely balanced. More birch smoke would be nice, and at this price point it’s a painus in the anus to know I’ve just missed out, but I have neither the patience nor the budget to go hunting for an elusive unicorn batch. I can live with the slightly fruitier version.

Bear in mind, several long term users report the difference in skin scent may be noticed by the wearer with batch variation, but the overall scent cloud seems to project with a fairly consistent aroma to others.

To keep things simple I’m happy with my purchase, even if Aventus does seem like it would be the signature scent of a modern Patrick Bateman.

I have zero desire to “converse” with the alpha dude bros who worship at the altar of Aventus, but I can appreciate it for what it is. If you can internally justify the price/value proposition, thumbs up.

Update: I’m not sure if this is unique to me or my current situation (high levels of stress), but I’ve gone functionally anosmic to Aventus today. It’s still projecting well and I’m being complimented, but I can’t notice it at all myself.
07th November, 2019 (last edited: 08th November, 2019)
I'm trying samples of Creed Aventus from 2013 (13T01) and 2016 (16C01).

The opening of the older version is nicer, and it does smell smokier, although not that smokey. The older version is easily more likable, easier to approach.

The 2016 version also has a lot of character. The opening is a reformulation fail, to my nose. I might have guessed this is a flanker, and not just a reformulation. After a bit of time, I can barely smell the older version, and the newer version smells ok, fairly interesting, to be fair. The woods are maybe more interesting in the newer version, more consistent, more present.

These are nice, modern-smelling fragrances, but I think I'd be just as happy wearing Boss No. 6.

The olfactory fatigue with the older Aventus is dramatic and real, in my case. Sometimes I can't even smell it up close where I sprayed it. That is not happening with the newer version.

About Zangad's review a couple down, I just read it and I can totally see what he's talking about. Aventus is right at the line of cloying. The best thing is the opening of the old version.
29th October, 2019 (last edited: 30th October, 2019)
Look, I don't like pineapple. It's not just the taste, if you put one pineapple slice on a pizza the whole pie tastes like it, and that's what I feel the central problem with this fragrance is. But I think it's also why people love it.

It starts out with a rather rich fruit bouquet, although pineapple seems to overpower everything like it normally does, which then rots into something different as it dries, mixes into something that isn't actually all that bad somehow. It's certainly distinctive, and it projects. People will know you're wearing something, and noses who know will know it's Aventus. That sickly pineapple note remains throughout though, and it ruins it for me after a full day of wearing.

There's also not a single Creed I've tried or worn which triggers migraines in people I know, but Aventus broke that trend. I'm not sure if it's the boldness or projection of it which makes it stand out, but the classy subtlety of Millesime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed is not there. Luckily I've not been unfortunate enough to meet someone who bathes in this stuff, and I pray I never will.

But yes, I can see why people like it, as it is distinctive and if you happen to love the fruity opening it will no doubt grab you, or those close to you.
02nd May, 2019 (last edited: 15th June, 2019)

I was excited to get my decant sample of Creed Aventus in the mail. I was so sure I would like it that I even ordered a 3ml decant.

On smelling the cap, I thought it was an interesting smell. Not mind-blowing, but not bad either. My wife and I both thought it smelled "pretty good". The pineapple top note was interesting with the musky/warm base. I sprayed once on my skin, but I couldn't smell anything a few minutes later so I figured it must be a super-faint scent. So I sprayed once more. My wife sprayed once on her wrist.

About an hour later, my wife was complaining about a headache, so she washed it off. I also started getting a headache, and the smell was overwhelming in the house. It started having a funky fermented-pineapple-in-musky-gym-socks smell. It was in my nose at that point, and just overwhelming. I started getting a headache. By the end of the day (8h) I took off my shirt to shower it off. I had to put the shirt in the laundry room to keep it from reeking up the place. Even after a shower, I could still smell it when I went to sleep, at that point it was a weird sweetish chemical smell.

The next day, I decided to give it another chance and wore it to work. I work in an office, so I only sprayed it once from a small atomizer under my undershirt directly on skin. Still, it was quite pungent in the office, and I was constantly smelling it. I was worried it was overwhelming to my coworkers. As the day heated up, it got heavier and heavier. I definitely did not feel confident as I wore it, which is very important for me when choosing a fragrance. I went to the gym at lunch and took a shower, but I could still smell it on my clothes. By the end of the day, I once again had a headache from the chemical smell.

So for me (a middle-aged married man), Aventus is a miss. I don't understand the hype, but then again, maybe I'm not the target audience. My impression of the fragrance is, it's a headache-inducing chemical mess that's obnoxiously loud and overbearing. Even if I got 10 compliments on it per day (I got none, btw) I wouldn't wear this because I wouldn't be able to tolerate it myself.

I would suggest to go VERY light on this fragrance if you wear it in an office setting, and ESPECIALLY in warm weather. It would be easy to gas out a room, and you might not even smell it yourself.
16th April, 2019
What can I say that other people have not said already about this magnificent fragrance. (positive reviews).
It took me 9 years to get a bottle of Aventus and I am sorry I waited so long. (I have the 2017 version).
Aventus is an absolutely stunning composition. I have had many compliments when I wear this. It last a long time on me.
09th April, 2019
Has anyone heard of this little niche scent before? Oh, everyone has. Nevermind.

Pineapple-citrus blast to start: a powerful pineapple, very heavy dose of sweetness. Way too much for my liking, and I enjoy sweet scents more than the average male. At least I thought I did, but I do see many men raving about this so maybe that's not correct. Smokey musk, very natural, help offset the sweetness a bit but...this stuff gives me a headache after too long. It's cloying. Bits of rose and jasmine come through to help accentuate the floral background. Drydown doesn't make it any less sweet: the citrus notes do begin to blur a bit though, and the apple comes through which does help improve the overall scent somewhat by adding tartness.

I hear about large differences between batches: I have a batch from 2017, and the projection is very strong for a spring/summer fruity scent. Longevity is average: I find it neither nuclear or weak. Five hours, maybe six? The price on this is extreme. It is very expensive, in my opinion. Too expensive for what amounts to be a somewhat linear fragrance: but so is just about everything from the Creed house.

I debated between giving this a neutral or a thumbs up, because of the price and the constant barrage of fruity sweetness that is never offset. However, it is very natural and, ultimately, pleasant smelling. It does what it does, and it does it well. It certainly isn't groundbreaking by any means. Leans a bit feminine in my opinion, but really completely unisex.

01st April, 2019
A must have for a connoisseur of fragrances. This is a fragrance that gives a blast of juicy fruitiness in the beginning with a hint of gourmandness. The dry down is clean and smooth. When I got this one, it gave me a sense of feeling good when first sprayed and then leads to a situation where you are actually looking for the whiffs of its scent. I may have not recieved a compliment on the fragrance but it is something that you will and want to appreciate thru out the day. Longevity is remarkable.
22nd March, 2019
I must admit, i like Aventus, my wife do, other people does. I really love it and maybe one day, when my collection will be reduced to 3/4 flasks, one will be Aventus.
But I also hate it because it seems the "Allure Homme Sport of the high society": too widespread, the only limiting agent is it's price!

Apart that, a good balance of smokyness and freshness make Aventus a perfect fragrance for all seasons, sillage and longevity are very good. One must try it at least once.
11th March, 2019
Having owned this fragrance for a little over a month i finally got a big compliment from the most beautiful woman serving us at a work meeting. After buying a round of beer she said someone smelt 'ridiculously amazing' then asked if it was me, having a partner i played it down but boy it felt good! Living in New Zealand i have not yet come across anyone who has even heard of Aventus so for me its hands down a cut above the rest.
I have had many compliments with this but none like this.

Personally i love this fragrance from the first time i smelt which was almost a year ago to owning 2 bottles within the last month. I really struggled to justify the price but now i don't think i can ever look back. The performance is great on me even long after i can no longer smell it my partner will say she can. I've even smelt it the day after applying it and even after a shower the next morning. The dry down is one of the best in my opinion and no clone i have tried has been on par with Aventus. It is also very versatile i have found.
The sillage is good also. Though i only seem to get the compliments when applying 5+ sprays to really hit that projection limit.

Scent 9.5/10
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 8.5/10
Versatility 8.5/10
Overall 9/10
07th February, 2019 (last edited: 08th February, 2019)
This is a iffy thumbs up. I'm not blown away by it. It smells good. It gets waaaaaaaay too much attention. My wife does likes it, so there's that. Pineappley citrus smoke. Drys to a musky "ambergris" base. The citrus actually stays present for a significant amount of time for what it is. Projects 3 to 4 hours, skin scent maybe another 3. Not neccesarily bad longevity, but not great, imo. Price is high, but people seem to feel confident wearing this. It smells good. Females like it. Thumbs up.
04th February, 2019
Fell in love with the scent of this after trying it on in Saks Fifth Avenue. Purchased a 3.3oz bottle that same day and has hands down became my favorite scent in my collection of over 100 bottles. Also consistently my best compliment getter. I was shopping for fragrances at dillards the other day and a lady walked by and stopped turned around and asked me "what fragrance did you just spray I have to have that for my husband". I told her what it was and she said she was going to go buy it right away. Yes there are a few good copies of this out there, some of which i own, but they all fall a tad bit short and lack the depth of Creed. Plus there is just something about the way spraying Aventus on makes you feel. Still the king in my book!
07th January, 2019
It’s hard to to be able to review a highly polarized fragrance like this. I find the hullabaloo around it a little crazy.

This one is a perfectly nice-smelling fragrance, and pleasant. I see why it’s liked. It’s one of those likeable fragrances that is kind of a people-pleaser, with widespread appeal, one that seems kind of friendly and approachable. It reminds me of a super-popular fragrance when my daughter went to high school, Polo, that all the boys were wearing. Polo was nice-smelling, pleasant. I guess you could call it a compliment-getter, as in “You smell nice”. I guess that’s why the boys wore it. I understand why they did - everyone likes to smell nice. Aventus reminds me of the Polo dynamic. A fragrance that has widespread appeal.

(Funny Polo story: My daughter had a boyfriend who took a huge bottle of Polo with us on a camping trip. It accidentally broke in the tent, and made it and the sleeping bags unsleepable. The tent smelled for months.)

There’s another trait they have in common, which is that they’re both horizontal fragrances instead of vertical ones. Some fragrances go deep or high, the vertical journey, with less horizontal appeal. They touch deeply. The horizontal ones like this have a broader appeal, but don’t touch as deeply. Aventus reminds me a little bit of a clean-cut guy with a permanent smile and the need to please or impress a little bit. Not badly, but that vibe is there. It strikes me as a politician’s fragrance, not one with soul, but to glad-hand the crowds with. There’s nothing wrong with that - it just is what it is.

In a way, it’s genius. It’s truly a fragrance of this generation, a lot upfront and little behind, almost made to tally ‘Likes’ on internet social media. People who love Aventus tend to keep score of how may ‘likes’ they get wearing it. So this fragrance really tapped into a phenomenon there.

I don’t mind smelling this in social situations, but it would annoy me a little if it was long term, or all weekend with a loved one, because the pineapple is a little insistent, a fruitiness that stays and stays. I end up tiring of it and wishing it was less. And the smile on this is overlong. And it’s not really for the bedroom. I didn’t detect much grrr factor to it. But for groups and crowds, yes. I like the smell of it as it wafts by. But it gets on my nerves with longer exposure. So it doesn’t strike me as an intimate fragrance as much as a ‘crowd’ fragrance.

So yeah, likable but overpriced, as many of our fragrance loves are. I’m sort of relieved my husband didn’t care for it, or I might have a touch of ‘Polo’ dejavu with this one.
27th December, 2018 (last edited: 12th November, 2019)
Probably the best fragrance on the market. The Lionel Messi of Fragrances if you will.
15th November, 2018

I just got my Creed.
I'm not a perfume specialist, but I think I have a good fragrance memory.
Testing it for the first time, it took me to my good old Halston Z14 in a blink.
Although Halston Z14 was never my first choice, it was my wife's favorite by far among all of my fragrances during past couple of decades.
I hope Creed would work the same!
14th November, 2018
What can I say about Creed Aventus that hasn't already been said? Nothing, likely. Though here's my review. Aventus is the pinnacle of modern, masculine-centric perfumery. It is a testament to the art that created it. Yes indeed, it is immensely popular. Yes, it smells incredible. And yes, some folks scream "overrated" because of its exposure. It is unequivocally - and quite subjectively - perfection in a bottle for many people, including me.

Wearing Aventus is a lesson in dichotomy. It is fruity, yet woody. It is distinctly green, yet gourmand. It is dry and mossy, yet very "wet." It is dark and brooding, yet energizing and hopeful.

The legendary opening is the best I've ever smelled for a "men's" fragrance. It is dominated by pineapple, apple, and blackcurrant. Within an hour, the fruity introduction gives way to rich birch and rose across a base layer of vanilla and ambergris. Have patience. Throughout its duration, Aventus reveals itself in a flurry of dry birch and oakmoss, while ambergris suggests a damp, earthy forest floor.

Aventus must be smelled to be believed. It bears passing resemblance to other popular fragrances, yet it is nothing like other popular fragrances. It pays homage to its rich history, yet never relies on archaic notes or cheap tricks to convey its meaning. Aventus is a black suit, a pair of jeans, a tuxedo, a fleece jacket, a white shirt, and a brown sweater. It is a motorcycle, a fast car, a crackling fireplace, a snow-covered lawn, and a walk through the woods. It is concrete, grass, air, and water. It is elemental.

Vanilla is present yet never dominant, and the jasmine and rose are expertly blended. Aventus is never a floral. Nor is it a gourmand, nor is it a spicy wood, nor is it green. Aventus is Aventus in the same way Fahrenheit is Fahrenheit. Don't be fooled by imitators: they may be 90% of the way there, but they are not Aventus.

Aventus is all of this. The ultimate exercise in olfactory polemics, and a timeless masterpiece. Unqualified thumbs up for any season or event.

Scent: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Sillage: 10/10
31st October, 2018
I just wrote a review but it seems to have logged me out in the meantime so I hope it doesn't double post, if so please delete

I bought quite a few samples recently and will start to go through them one by one and write my comments. Aventus comes first as it was highly recommended.

I want to say at first it starts out "friendly", there is a fruity sweetness that is not sweet in the way that many fragrances are "in your face" but it is there nonetheless. There is also a pronounced depth from beginning to end which counterbalances it and gives it masculinity - but not in the obnoxious "smell you from a mile away / salesman-businessman" cliche of masculine fragrances of old. It is modern but comfortable, and I feel like it could blend into fabrics really well - like a sweater, or I could potentially see this doing well lingering on a scarf. I could potentially buy a full bottle of this!
21st October, 2018
Overhyped? Perhaps. Nice? Oh Yes.

I had heard so much about this one that I had to get one for myself. So blind bought a bottle. Well, I may have been a bit disappointed at first coz of the hype online. It's a nice fragrance, lots of pineapple is what I get. Feels premium and well blended. I haven't tried other batches so I don't know about batch variations, but I believe there are variations, which at this price point, is in my books unacceptable.

Having said that, once you've worn it, you wanna come back to it day after day. It has that addictive kinda feel. Smells really nice too.

Well worth the spend. hmmmm...yes.

p.s. unlike most, I don't get into the notes, etc. It's all there for everyone to see on this site as well as other places on the net. I'm not a pro, just a novice collector.
20th October, 2018 (last edited: 11th December, 2018)
Ah Aventus... the scent trail of an alpha male among betas and omegas stalking his territory in a late-stage capitalism society which confuses merit with equity, exalting career criminals as business leaders and decries empathy as a vestige of weakness to be bred out like a recessive gene. The marketing campaign of the fragrance itself places the notorious Napoleon Bonaparte at it's center, a chauvinist and narcissist who is literally the poster child for a complex meant to diagnose insecurity in men, and indeed Aventus (2010) targets that very same insecurity in it's market, as almost a wonder drug made to cure it. The unforeseen consequence for this is Creed pulling in customers from way below the pay grade of their ideal client, which has made Aventus borderline-mainstream, or about as mainstream as a roughly $500MSRP men's fragrance can get, which has led to a slew of low-cost clones, and a robust decanting market willing to sell little chips off of large commercial-sized refill flacons Creed makes knowingly for resellers. Factor in all the seemingly-intentional batch fluctuation (poor quality control to some), and a whole new hysteria of finding "the perfect version" of the already "perfect" man-juice is manifest, seeing working stiffs going off the psychological deep end in their quest for the biggest olfactive deus ex machina to use in their socio-economic conquest of each other. Whew... that's some heavy shit man.. now for the scent itself. Aventus is actually pretty unique, and once you parse away the Randian and Nietzschian drivel that has attached itself to the stuff like a social parasite (delicious irony), you're left with a slightly smokey, fruity floral which sits between fresh fougère and chypre but ultimately swings chypre because of the labadanum and oakmoss in the base. I haven't dealt with much of the variation, so my review may not apply to your batch, but the amount of characteristic "smoke" in mine is subtle, and the notorious pineapple is also not terribly overwhelming either, so maybe I have some "Goldilocks" batch where all the sliders are at neutral? Who knows? Who cares? Shall we carry on? The bottom line here is this has become Creed's most popular scent, and dare I say influential on the perfume world as a whole, at least among mainstream houses making perfumes for men.

Aventus is far too fair and pretty a scent to be aligned with such "toxic masculinity" culture as it's marketing has fostered, which may also be part of it's appeal for me: it's tragic beauty caught in the throws of it's own misgivings, carried off by the demons it's very existence summons, leaving those who smell it unawares to be captivated whilst blissfully ignorant of it's notoriety, upon which once learned, transform that captivation to contempt. The scent opens with pineapple, blackcurrant, and French apples carried aloft on a ray of dry bergamot, giving a fruity hesperidic zesty sweetness that will never not turn heads; the opening of Aventus is where all the magic happens, and the rest of the composition serves to lock in that opening note with supporting bedrocks. Jasmine and rose make an appearance in the middle, like many men's floral chypres of old, but liberated of the indole or sharp green galbanum that usually makes this combo feel "perfumey". Instead, there's a dry lightness which is almost unisex in the middle, joined by a rather medicinal take on patchouli, with birch and a peck of vetiver for the oft-quoted "pineapple smoke" of the heart. The base is pure Creed with an authentic ambergris note, joined by oakmoss and a white musk which adds a touch of the modern "laundry" aspect which reminds you this is from 2010. There's Iso E Super here too, and some dry vanilla, but little else, as the point is to let that opening fruity hesperidic floral accord dominate, and it's all rather dandy for a scent lauded by gym bros as a lady killer... ahh all the more deliciously ironic. Aventus actually feels like it benefits from being a distinctive fruity floral scent in an age of aquatics or scratchy woods, and if something like this saw release in the late 80's like other things similar, it would be long discontinued now and exalted by the vintage community instead of the six-figure set or those hopeful to be. Aventus can be worn all year round, but feels best in spring and fall. Wear time varies per person and it is possible to get anosmic to the ambergris accord in here, so be careful. Older guys may see hints of stuff like Jacomo Anthracite pour L'Homme (1991) or Ralph Lauren Purple Label (2003) in Aventus as well, so nobody's saying this wasn't inspired by other things at least in part.

I rather like Aventus, although I despise the online community that has popped up around it, ready to chase you into battle on any forum, hack your Facebook, or make a subreddit about how much you suck for being too plebian and poor to understand why Aventus is the "best scent evarrrrr", and I really wanted to dislike the stuff too just because of the toxicity which surrounds it. On the bright side, Aventus has re-imagined a chypre accord for the modern man, and offers something fresh and clean with classic touches, so hats off to Olivier and Erwin Creed for that. Aventus has also proven to be a tremendous gateway drug to the perfume hobby for many a man in search of "grail juice" so it's also helped keep the hobby alive alongside filling Creed's coffers. Aventus has proven to be a hard act to follow, and Creed's own Viking (2017) has fallen far short of the task, since nobody is making Viking subforums or burner accounts to dodge banning for bad manners online so they can continue trolling in its name. Longevity is killer, but the sillage isn't "beastmode" as "Aventusites" will claim, but it is above average. Aventus is almost a generalist to me, with casual, office, and romantic use feeling appropriate, since it's fresh fruity floral side is so likeable, and it's smokey underbelly carrying more warmth than expected in a scent like this. I'd say this fails only in extreme heat and cold, where it's generalized nature isn't tuned properly to cope, but again, overzealous fans would challenge me to fisticuffs over that. If you can afford it, Aventus, really isn't a bad daily driver, but as the saying goes "it's too rich for my blood", so if and when a full bottle does appear on my wardrobe, I'll have to keep my "smokey pineapple secret weapon" under lock and key for special use only. I totally understand why folks love this so fervently, as the next nearest thing to something so unique yet so comfortably familiar was Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne (1996), and that stuff also had it's own army of acolytes for the better part of a decade too, they just all drove beat-up Chevys and old Toyotas instead of BMWs and Teslas. Good stuff, totally undeserving of it's hype, and still too much for what it is, but at least earning a thumbs-up from me.
24th September, 2018 (last edited: 18th November, 2019)
Just got a sample of what appears to be one of the most controversial fragrances in the modern era: Creed Aventus.

The opening of Aventus smells really, really clean and of high-end ingredients. It isn't the typical, oft-used bergamot + maybe another citrus fruit type start, but instead begins with a decidedly airy fruitiness, along with a boozy gin-like splash underneath. I don't get a straight on flesh of fruit sensation, but instead almost like a refined mash of the apple, pineapple, and black currant.

A bright woodiness envelops the mix, a la the birch bark. A dark rose grows in, as well as a fresher take on jasmine which highlights that it is a Creed-centric incorporation of this expertly processed flower. Unquestionably, oakmoss is detectable with its dry, green presence; patchouli feels more medicinal and dark than I usually experience it elsewhere, and musk adds a well-balanced touch within this complex fragrance.

The famous Creed accord is subtly there; I can't sense the vanilla, which may have been covered up in my perceptions by the other strong notes in Aventus.

Overall, I get a juniper berry scent that is crafted so nicely and has a classic, bracing quality to it (like sniffing a glass of Seagram's gin neat). I think of Eau de Rochas most of all as I take in and savor Aventus. For me, that is a very good thing. :-)

Subjectively, this EdP fragrance evokes relaxation, confidence, energy, and positivity. Of course, each person will have his or her impressions which can range from "love this above every other scent" to "boy, this one is overhyped and sucks." Then there's the whole issue of which batch number one ends up getting of Aventus (I haven't dared to enter into that discussion!)
Me, I applaud that Creed has this wonderful fragrance in its collection, and in the end it is a very credible niche scent worthy of the attention it has received.

Given the vastly divergent opinions and analyses of it, I personally would suggest that one either samples Aventus in person at a local department store counter, or obtain a sample decant.
12th September, 2018
Clean, fresh, successful scent. When you wear it You feel like you are sharing yourself with successful people instead of pandering to them.

No urine smell in the bottle like Tom Ford fragrances. It is not a provoking scent, just safe and clean. It doesn't force, it is polite and perfectly mannered.

I was hoping it would be a new life type of cologne that I loved. I would mostly wear it safely to be agreeable to others.
09th September, 2018
The number one niche cologne in the world. My favorite for all time.
29th August, 2018
One bottle 120 ml ,350€ ,are you CRAZY ?
DON'T LIKE IT,ananas cheapy.
19th August, 2018
Every man wants to be a bottle of Aventus. It's on the one hand an inviting, fruity combo and on the other a manly, musky birch tree at its core. The pineapple is what draws you in. The closer you get, the more you realize the once sweet man you knew is actually a rugged, smokey rough rider.

Aventus is almost too good to wear everyday. There are other, more boring fragrances for that. Aventus is, at least for me, best for those moments when I decide I'm going to impact reality. Make a key presentation at work, decide to buy or sell a lot of stock, acquire a company - I could see this being the fragrance of a king or CEO. It has an imperial quality that is approachable but subtly reminds you the man wearing it probably determines your destiny.
15th August, 2018
I tested tones of perfumes in my life. Some of them was awful, some was neutral, some of them was good and others were great, real masterpieces. Many times after the first testing i said WOW!! At WOW section for me enters masterpieces like Interlude, Safari Extreme from ASQ, Laudano Nero, Amber Absolute, Casa Moratti 1888, Black Afgano, a few from Clive Christian and many others.

But Aventus is not even close to WOW for me. It's a good perfume, with quality notes but that's all. I got some fresh notes and some pinneapple hints.

I dont get why many people say Aventus is one of the best niche perfumes ever. It is a medium piece and not too versatile.

The price is waaaay too high. I'd pay for Aventus maximum 30-40% of its actual price.
02nd August, 2018 (last edited: 18th August, 2018)
hcr Show all reviews
First thoughts, on paper it smells like Fruit Stripes gum. On my skin, 15 minutes in it's not sweet at all.

It felt a little oily when I was putting it on? could be my imagination.

I've never smelled GIT, and I haven't smelled Cool Water in a while, but it's giving me the same kind of vibe; not sweet, not strong, fresh, nice but just smells a little off on my skin.

30 min in: pleasant I guess, I'm not seeing the hype. Will sample again but doesn't project much and I can't see this lasting that long.
12th May, 2018
Zowiee Show all reviews
Clean, fresh “cornucopia” full of amazing notes. I really love the heart and base notes, that for me constantly interplay and intertwine for hour on end. Something about the rose, jasmine, birch and musk really appeals to me. This is a fragrance that I have received many, many compliment!
10th May, 2018
This is a review of the 17w01 batch. I bought a 50ml decant of this. 3 average sized sprays (one to the clothes, one to each side of the neck) gave me 10 hours. I would say it projected well (more than moderately and less than strongly) for anywhere from 2-4 hours.

The opening was a tart pineapple. It wasn't sweet. I got hints of the other top notes and I got the bergamot also. This phase lasted for about 20 minutes and then to a moderately smokey drydown. The tart pineapple was there, it was light. This lasted for about 4 hours.

The next 3 hours was a lighter more woody phase.

After this the scent conpletely transforms to a clean, creamy, musky, vanilla base. This lasts for about 2 and a half hours.

All and all a great scent and a fantastic olfactory experience. I enjoyed the transition to each phase. As much as I enjoyed it, I wouldn't pay €195 for 50 ml. I paid €70 for the decant and I'm delighted I did because it's a bargain at that price.
07th May, 2018
I first got my nose on this in 2016, so I can't comment on how it was in it's original launch. However, I was still blown away upon first sniff. I got a small sample from a local high end luxury store, wore it before bed, and placed my order the next day for a full 120ml bottle. I plan on always having a bottle of this in my collection for as long as I live. It's my signature.

Main notes I get are Bergamot, Birch, Musk, Patchouli, Oak Moss, and Ambergris (and in that order). There's a pineapple vibe for the first 15 minutes, but that's about it. The bergamot in this so beautiful and three dimensional and I'm surprised it's not commented on more. My favorite note though, is the birch note mixed with the gorgeous musk, and you get to enjoy this for the entire fragrance (but more so in the latter stages). The birch note I pick up is not so much smoky, but more of a nice dry wood that is freshly chopped and sitting in the sun.

Longevity is excellent, I get next day performance. Sillage is unreal and you'll fill a room with 2 sprays. Sometimes your scent trail will last till the next day. The magic for this fragrance really happens when you don't smell it anymore and then get beautiful wafts throughout the day and into the next when you wake up. You never get bored and it never gets obnoxious.

Compliments don't need to be touched on much because everyone has heard it before. This will get you compliments from people who are 10 years old and 100 years old, and they'll happen multiple times per day every single time you'll wear this. Don't wear this if you are an introvert.

I have sampled hundreds of fragrances since and this is the only one I would consider a "masterpiece". This identifies with me on a personal level.

By batch is 16J01 but I've had my nose on multiple batches and while all slightly different, they are all beautiful and essentially the same. And like all Creeds, let it breath and know that the performance gets better and better with age. My bottle is now 2 years old and it gets better with every wearing. I'm at about 40% juice left.

Long live the King. He's still alive, even after the "reformulations".

07th April, 2018
Batch variation or no batch variation, my bottle shows differences to the tester that made me buy this.

Opens with sour physalis and some birch, shows some smoke and spices and dies to my nose. A skin scent within 2 hours. The drydown is almost nowhere to my nose. I guess I was unlucky.

Having purchased this along other Creed fragrances I must say this is a passmark, but nothing spectacular.
I have tried replicas that do a better job.
19th March, 2018
It used to be daring, it used to smell masculine smokey and divine. Now it smells really nice in the opening but almost like every fresh fruity fragrance out there. They replaced this daring amazing fragrance and put out a safe, healthy 'EDT' quality and performance frag.

I remember the old 2014 batch I used to wear, I would savor every drop and each wearing was a magical experience that lasted many a long hour. Now these new 2017 batches are a complete misfire from what it used to provide, short burst of tart fruit with a linear woody dry down of wood and musk.

During my wearings I get a maximum of 3 hours of projection and a very boring dry-down that had little to no character. Has Creed lost their minds raising the price so high while the quality has gone down with each new iteration? Yes. The demand must be so high that they are just riding the wave of money and putting out batches even faster, and they are likely releasing watered down weak performing juice just to fill orders.

What Aventus used to be, pre-2014 was worthy of awards, now it's just a watered down shell of it's old self. Sad really. They could at the very least release a batch with warning labels that includes the vintage birch tar and resinous notes so the batch hunting could come to an end. Regardless I still wind up batch hunting and spending lots of money in the process trying to find that vintage divine scent I cherished so much, to no avail.
28th February, 2018 (last edited: 11th March, 2018)