Reviews of Aventus by Creed

The pineapple is pleasing in the first five minutes but it is fleeting. I want say I smell melon and lemon in the first few minutes as it drys.

After the fruity scent fades I'm left with the smell of fresh pine needles and Christmas furs. I used to work at a flower wholesaler and during December our industrial fridges would be full top to bottom with Christmas furs and wreaths and that is what the initial dry down smells like to me. It's very pleasing, fresh and organic. It does not smell like the synthetic green smell you get with a lot of men's colognes. On a personal note it reminds me of the cabins from summer camp when I was a child. it smells like decades of the scents of wilderness gathering in the walls of said cabins. Or like a walk through forest of the smoky mountains.

Aventus smells fresh...I don't get any smokiness and the fruity notes are fleeting, except when I'm sweating the pineapple will briefly return. Overall it smells like nature.

It a good fresh scent and i don't find it personally imposing so I would say it's a great daily scent to wear to work. As a nurse who is frequently around new patients and in close proximity with them I would say this is a great sent that won't offend and may impress in some cases. I haven't got any compliments on this one yet a week in, but I have gotten great compliments with creeds royal oud and millesime imperial. I don't rely on compliments and the scent is pleasing to me and enjoyable to wear. This could be a daily driver for me. Time will tell.

Overall rating: 8/10
11th April, 2016
Batch: 14M01

The picture i get with this fragrance is
Slices of ripe pineapple, apple with a bouquet of fully bloomed roses & jasmine lying on a table along with high quality shaving cream & some woods being burnt in a distance.

Smells really natural & high quality. No clone of this fragrance comes close to this in terms of quality, performance & refinement. Totally worth the money.

It is true that it gives nose fatigue. Lasts easily 12+ hours on me & projection is excellent.

10th April, 2016
Before I try Aventus, I thought compliments on fragrance is just a myth. My colleagues at work, and when I'm out with friends commented how something smell amazing when I wear it. Especially ladies. So hype is definitely for a reason. My first bottle was 120 ml of 15U11 batch which is heavy pineapple batch with great oak moss and birch balance making it extremely masculine. Performance on my skin and how people react on Aventus was a really pleasant surprise. However, I notice a difference with my other batch, second one I currently own which is 250 ml flacon of 15X21. Both of them are great in longevity, 8-10 hours no problem. Batch 15X21 is little more apple, smokier and slightly leathery. It is amazing as well and those differences are slight, however I prefer first one just a little more and already consider this as a problem. Even if some other people prefer those composition more. Batch numbers is definitely an issue and minus for Aventus at my opinion. Hope that issue will be resolved once and for all with upcoming 2016 series of fragrance.
02nd April, 2016

Dear Reader!

In a nutshell. This fragrance just like many others has been ruined for money or for health and safety reasons. This was the political part of the issue.
The technical part. Lomani AB Spirit Silver and Afnan Supremacy Silver are performing better than the latest Aventus batches! I bought my first and last bottle of Aventus recently but I'm actually toying with the idea of selling it on soon.
I used to have samples and decants from 2012-2013. Beautiful they were. I loved them, big thumbs up. They worth the money till the last drop.
What I get now from Aventus is weak performance, unrecognizeable character etc. The opening note is clearly a pink grapefruit scent instead of pineapple. I can't detect any sweet blackcurrant or any depth at all. The drydown is short and simple. Nothing like it used to be! I miss the elegant, mossy vanilla drydown. Smokiness has gone completely.
Is it normal that even the Aventus fans play Dexter at home and mix birch tar oil etc to a niche perfume??????? It's like buying a luxury car but after taking it home you change the engine in it because you don't like the performance.
Once again. Afnan and Lomani are doing better since they can provide a constant quality ( not a gamble ) and draw in just as much compliments as Aventus used to do.
Maybe Creed could be a house who could afford going against the flow and not changing the ingredients from time to time, also ruining their reputation.
So. The recent batches are perfect for the fruit fans. Why can't we get at least a special edition with the old ingredients and big yellow warning labels saying that this is dangerous, hazardous, bla-bla-bla to your skin and your health. Than let the consumer choose!!! I might be a black sheep but no more Aventus for me, unless they bring the quality back to this product.
P.S. I ordered my bottle straight from france and in their webshop the description says "Aventus eau de toilette." Well, the performance perfectly matches the description.
Recent reviews here show that I'm not the only one with this bitter experience. Sad really.
18th March, 2016
Totally worth the hype and much more. Longevity and silage are way better than average (batch 15x01). So glad I'm able to stock up with splits from this awesome community (BN).
18th March, 2016
This fragrance is amazing. I don't care that it is so popular (though I've never met anyone else wearing it). Maybe there is a reason it is popular, it is really really good. I'm not in the habit of analyzing each note, in fact to me most niche fragrances are a confusing wall of scent.

All I know is that I have never smelled anything like it, it lasts, and it is incredible.

I'm very glad that so many people offer splits here, because this is one that I would probably pay full-price for if I had to...
04th March, 2016
Future Jason:

You are part of the love train for Aventus that is well documented in other reviews. Not much need to add, there.

Two things are perhaps more unique to your experience:
1) Two little half sprays are all you need. Much more than that, and you get diminishing returns. Last time you went overboard, you put this on the shelf and left it there for six months. Poor little Aventus.
2) Even with two little half sprays (hereafter referred to as "one scintilla"), this sits on your skin FOREVER. Just this week: you applied one scintilla on a Tuesday afternoon, and you're still smelling it on you on Thursday. You even threw on some Navegar late Wednesday, yet Aventus is powering through. It's not lingering on your clothes because... you know... you have changed those.

Perhaps Aventus is the Ice-Nine of scents, and is slowly changing the chemical compound of your skin to mirror that of this smokey pineapple juice. Can you imagine? There would be worse things.

Busy, busy, busy.
18th February, 2016
I have a bottle from lot 4215R11. The longevity of this batch is very weak. There is almost no patchouli to tie the top notes and base notes together. The whole reason they put patchouli in the heart is to blend the wet top notes to the dry base notes. A little disappointed, but all in all, it's an alright batch. Once you let the bottle sit in the dark for a couple weeks, the longevity increases. The oakmoss is almost non-existent, and the dry birch is gone. The batch I tried a couple weeks ago was perfectly blended. I will be on the hunt for a bottle from that batch.

Here is my review of the previous batch I tried:

It started off with a strong apple scent, and a slight bergamot/current undertone. After about 15 minutes, the pineapple shines through with the patchouli. I hate patchouli, but it does so well in this fragrance. after about an hour, the dry birch and patchouli are in full swing. The base of this perfume is amazing. Very dry/powdery wood scent. I got so many compliments, and inquiries on this one. A completely positive review. I hope that they go back to the portions of that last batch.

This new batch isn't horrible, just different. It has the feel of Aventus, but nothing like the last batch that drew me in. I have two bottles of this batch, and I am a bit disappointed that I spent my money on it. All in all, it is Aventus, but it doesn't last as long as the last batch. I still love the smell, and I still get compliments on it, so it makes it a bit worth buying.
02nd February, 2016
A perfume story: A commander Gorefitz story Review of Aventus by Creed © 2016 Frankie Chocolate
(For all the young turks on Basenotes)

Sharp thorned vines whipped at my face as I ran through the jungle for my very life. Behind me were spear carrying young turks, the fragrant, flat stomached, furious worshipers of Aventus and we had offended their god.

At my side running effortless was Commander J. Gorefitz. Gorefitz, raconteur, adventurer, explorer, man’s man, lady’s man and I had met to discuss perfumes.

Things were going swimmingly till Aventus came up. There is an almost, almost I say rabid cult like following of this frag so it was inevitable it would come up. We sprayed some from a bottle the commander had been given as a gift from some sultan or other. Jasmine, patchouli, something that smelled like Iris. There was birch in there and it crawled up my spine with icy finger giving me the shivering willies.

I tried to catch the more subtle notes of rose and some sort of citrus.

Is that French Bergamot I asked the commander?

He sniffed lightly and said, “Italian I think.”

Things would have been well enough if we had just left a neutral review but the commander was never one to pussyfoot around. Five minutes after he uploaded his thumbs down review there was a polite knock on his massive oak and steel shod door. He threw the door open and a brilliant young man in his mid twenties dressed in conservative tweeds with gleaming Allen Edmund wingtips said, “excuse me sir but did you just leave a thumbs down review of Aventus on the Basenotes forum?

Commander Gorefitz smiled wikedly and ran one hand through his snow-white hair. The other hand was busy behind the front door.

“Yes I did,” he said with supreme confidence.

“Oh. Okay,” said the younger man quietly.

12 landing crafts pulled up, the back end fell down with a bang and hundreds of rabid young turks boiled out in war paint, holding assault rifles and bristling with rocket launchers.

“These are the guys,” yelled the young man in tweeds as he leaped forward with gleaming talons for the commander’s throat.

From behind the front door Gorefitz pulled out the iron wood walking stick with a snarling wolf top done up in sterling silver, broke it over the young man’s head and we raced out the back door into the jungle. The negative review had called the beast from its lair and there would be no stopping it now. We ran for our lives.

I stumbled over a rock and the commander lifted me like a child’s toy.

“All’s we did was give it a negative review,” I quailed.

“Any other frag that would have been fine but there is something about this creation that polarized men. Especially young men. They wax eloquent about this formula and that batch declaring with absolute certainty they can tell the difference in each batch lots and those that were created during full and quarter moons.

“Do you think their admiration is a little excessive sir?”

“Not at all young Tommy two tone. I myself have been similarly enthralled when obsessing over a rare comic book or some other trifle. It’s all I can talk about till I finally obtain it. The fire dies down till I find the next thing to obsess over.”

“How does your wife put up with it sir?”

“Oh my Rabeliah is a rare treasure that knows no matter how far I go into these hobbies I always keep her in the most cherished place in my heart.”

“And where is the lovely Mrs. Gorefitz now sir?”

“Tiger hunting in the Himalayas.”

“Sir that’s cruel and immoral. They are endangered and should be protected.”

“Tut tut young Thomas. It’s not what you think. It’s a photo safari.”

“Oh, that’s different. I have no problem with that.”

“But there’s a twist.”

“There usually is sir.”

“Once she gets her camera full of pictures of the brute beast she leaps from her yack and wrestles the brute to the ground.”

“Sir the tiger can weight up to 600 lbs.”

“No. The Siberia ones can go as high as 800.”

“There is no way anyone could wrestle an 800 lb. tiger and live to tell about it.”

“She could. She wrestles me some times. There was this one time. Ha ha ha. Oh my that was an adventure. I had on this tight pair of rip away pure caramel brown leather pants and a white linen shirt; she was in black leather and lace. Mm. yes. … When is she expected back? Where was I?”

“Rabeliah wrestling 800 lb. tigers sir.”

“Yes, yes of course. So she’d leap from the musk ox saddle that smelled exactly like Tom Ford’s Tuscan Leather but the top notes actually stuck around a while. She leapt, caught the great beast around the neck and rode it down like a young calf.”

“She would have been shredded like a block of cheese sir.”

“Yes but she was wearing Ambre Sultan and it soothed the savage beast. The monster sniffed that lovely bouquet and the fire went out of him. She forced his mouth open and made him gum her arm all the way at the back just to tease him.”

“That story is amazing sir.”

“Quite so She doused her arm up to the elbow in bitter apple the dog anti chew repellant and the tiger hated it. She had him doing cartwheels. Between the two odors he was malleable putty in her hands.”

“I get sorting through batch and lot numbers,” he said to Tommy. “Fixating on things. Somehow whatever is lost forever becomes more golden than the sun, more precious than rubies and more desirable than even a great burger and a cold beer after a 40 mile trot through in the jungle. When I was hot for Amouge there was no other perfume on the planet.”

“And when you got it sir did it meet your expectations?”

“ It exceeded my wildest hopes but even better was the blind buy that came along with it.”

“Sir didn’t you tell me never ever to do a blind buy and there was safety in the decant.”

He dodged to the left as a hand held rocket launched missile roared past and continued. “Yes but Luca had gone off on this frag with such eloquence I pulled the trigger even though Tania said he doesn’t always get it right.”

“So what was the blind buy.”

“A hundred Ml. bottle of Amouge Gold for women. As good as that little 12 ml bottle of Homage is with all its Ta’if rose glory I actually like the gold even better and it was half the price.”

“What color box did you get sir?’

“As if! The original white box in both frag of course. I paid a bit more for them but I’m worth it. I do have one fear though young Thomas.”

“What’s that sir?”

He narrowed his eyes and recited the speech from memory.

“Sons of Rohan, and Gondor. My brothers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship but it is not this day.”

“An hour of wounds and shattered shields when the age of men come crashing down but it is not this day. The day will come when you’ve gone to the lovely golden bottle and pushed down the sprayer but nothing comes out. The bottle is empty, gone for eternity but that is not this day. Today I bid you by all that you hold dear men of the west to stand and spray the perfume with iron determination.”

“That was lovely sir.”

“Thank you tommy.”

‘Not to worry though; the seaplane is waiting for us at the coast.”

“Sir the coast is forty miles away.”

“Ha. So it is young tommyrot. So it is but could you repeat that last part a bit louder please.”

“What part?”

“The part you just said.”

“What part?”

“No. “Before that.”

“The coast is 40 miles away.”

“That’s it. Now louder with gusto.”

“THE COAST IS FOURTY MILES AWAY.”

“That’s the ticket old rum & punch.”

“Sir I can’t run 40 miles. I’m not sure I can even run four.”

“You don’t’ have to young one. Just run like fire and when you’re out of gas give me the nod, but never a wink and I’ll carry you for fifteen or twenty till you get your wind back. I wanted you to say how far the coast was so they’d hear you. I don’t think there is a whelp among them that can do ten or fifteen miles and you shouting out it was forty should take the heart out of some of them.” With that he scooped me up and redoubled his speed.

I looked back and he was right. Half the pack was standing around gasping bent over trying to force air into their spent lunges. Unfortunately there were still about thirty stalwarts who would see us in hell before they gave up and their comrade’s desertion only served to steel their resolve. They drew closer within spear throwing distance.

“I don’t even smell the pineapple sir.”

“A blowgun dart dipped in a powerful alkaloid poison from poison dart frog shot though my hat and stuck quivering in a tree trunk inches from my face.”

“Easy on the pineapple comments young one. That really gets them riled up.”

After 25 miles I got my second wind and the commander let me down. I begin to run again. There was only fifteen miles to go and I figured it could make it. I look back and there were only 9 pursuers left. Of course they were on Wargs, those devil wolfs that gave Bilbo and Gandalf such fits in one of those books.

The sun was sinking into clouds of purple and deep orange and crimson as we sprinted through the thinning trees full bore for the beach and the seaplane that lay somewhere dead ahead. All the beasts and their riders had given up except the leader. The one in the tweeds at the front door. His Warg glassy eyed and frothing near death was so close I could feel his hot fetid breath on my neck. As he stretched forward sure of moi, the commander tossed a tiny silver something to one side. The young turk astride the beast pulled the rains up so hard the Warg did a back flip crashed against a ginkgo tree and expired.

In a flash the turk was launched over my head and I was sure the bounder had me. He ignored me and dove into thick patch of stinging nettle thorns.

At the very base of the plant he found it and held it up to the waning light. It was a tiny glass vial that held a half-millimeter of something. He ignored his pincushion fingers and the hundreds of spines in them. With trembling hands he opened the little vial. Cautiously he sniffed then swooned. It was Aventus batch # 11z01, the holy grail of scents. He crawled next to his dead Warg, propped his back against the beast and blissfully sniffed again.

We trotted down the beach and as the plane roared off into the golden sunset I pulled out a traveler bottle of old spice long lasting cologne and liberally lavished it on. Commander caught the scent and smiled ear to ear through his leather helmet and goggles. The end. 4/10

30th January, 2016 (last edited: 31st January, 2016)
Initial impressions
- first 5-10 seconds, smells a little bit like pineapple. Unfortunately I smell no bergamot, even though it claims to have bergamot in it. That would make this fragrance smell so much better, but unfortunately it is absent.

Dries down --
Smells very salty. If you think about what a beach might smell like, this smells like that. Very much like salt. Smells dry. I feel like I want a glass of water from smelling this. It smells very dry. It's weird how a fragrance can smell dry, but it does, it really does. Because it smells like salt. The pineapple aspect is more of a "generic" fruit smell. And by generic I simply mean that it doesn't smell like pineapple anymore. It just smells like "fruit", but what fruit? I don't know. No fruit I've ever smelled before. But somehow my nose decided that it smells fruity. But minimally fruity. It's not the first thing you notice at all; the first thing I notice is how salty it smells.

It reminds me of Burberry cologne. Which also smells extremely salty. (I don't like Burberry either).

Overall 0/10 since I wouldn't even want to re-spray it ever ever. It doesn't reek or anything. I just would never spend a dime on this fragrance because I simply dislike it completely. No redeeming qualities. There's nothing about it that I like. Salty. Salty. Salty. Smells like generic cologne smell. Not at all anything that I like. Not even similar to something I might like. Just don't like.

Okay, to play Devil's Advocate:
It does smell a bit sweet. It's like a mixture of sweet and salty. But by sweet I mean that it's very light and inoffensively sweet. Definitely far from being sickeningly sweet. The sweetness is definitely subdued; it's mostly salty. But there is SOME sweetness. Boss Bottled is a lot sweeter than this, and Boss Bottled isn't even that sweet.

Actually this smells kind of like an Axe shower Gel that I have used before. I personally hate the smell of Axe, but if you like it, you'll probably like this fragrance. It's practically a dupe.
29th January, 2016
You're gonna hate me for saying this, but "overplayed" is the word that came to mind the second I sprayed this baby on. Smells like everyone else. Himalaya all the way.
23rd January, 2016
I base my rating of Aventus from my own experience wearing it. I must admit that I'm amazed by how many people are Aventus Heads. It's almost like the Dead Heads that followed the Grateful Dead so faithfully. I've read the posts, reviews, etc., by those who have become true Aventus followers and it is quite impressive. Please let me clarify by saying I'm not surprised that this product has elicited the following frenzy it has, because it truly is a special scent, I just wasn't expecting to be so bowled over by the sheer amount of following this cologne/perfume has gained.

On first application, Aventus draws you in. It is so clean, fresh and sweet, but at the same time masculine. I honestly can't imagine anyone being turned off by it. It smells something like a fresh, crisp, white shirt and tie with a sweetness that is perfectly balanced by enough other notes like the woodiness and the vanilla. I can't think of another fragrance that has the perfect balance Aventus has. It will be a life long love affair for my nose. I wear cologne for myself first and foremost. I have a strong sense of smell, and I enjoy wearing scents that make me happy. Aventus definitely does that, and I'm grateful that the House of Creed created this fragrance for us all to enjoy.

Wore some Aventus yesterday, and it is a sillage beast! It's also a longevity beast. It keeps on ticking all day and night on me, and it was just so pleasant to keep enjoying it for a full 16 to 17 hours before I fell to sleep.
07th January, 2016 (last edited: 22nd February, 2016)
Excellent frag the Mrs just bought me a 120ml bottle for Xmas I smell pineapple she smells pine tree, there must be something in the batch variations as I tried a tester in John Lewis a uk official ad in June and the smell had gone after 30 mins, the batch I have now she could still smell it 5 hours later but mine was bought in France
31st December, 2015

Finally got a sample and I completely understand the popularity of this fragrance. It has a strong pineapple opening but I can smell some apple as well (like a freshly cut red apple). As the scent hits the middle notes the pineapple is still there along with the jasmine and maybe a little patchouli. As it hits the finally stages of the middle notes and the base notes arise I still smell pineapple along with vanilla / oak moss notes. This is my new favorite from Creed for sure. Enjoy.
21st December, 2015
Masterpiece. Roasting fresh pineapple over white smoke from birch ash. The top notes and birch are fantastic with Creed type house notes swirling throughout. I didn't get much pineapple at first wearing. Then it hit me with a freshness I did not smell at first. I get a Terre de hermes vibe from this one.
04th December, 2015
I switched into Creed frags only about 4 months ago, and I resisted Aventus nearly the entire time because I didn't want the "popular" one.

But, I eventually got weak in the knees and tried it, and now I'm hooked. It really is an amazing fragrance, popular or not, and after getting educated on the whole batch conspiracy, I now own 5 different batches, and can say without a shadow of a doubt that the batch differences are very real.

I currently own 15U01, 13Z01, 12E01, 11Z01, and 10E01, and here's how I feel about each one of them...

15U01: I saw this batch listed in the "Bad Batch" category somewhere on BN, but I'm not sure why. I think it's an excellent batch, and nicely balanced, in a very modern way, without being overly synthetic. It also has a sophisticated and very subtle woodiness to it that isn't there in 15U11, and I think that the extra sophistication keeps if from smelling like a "pineapple bomb" which not many people want to pay $400 for. Longevity isn't great, but I'm fine with having to refresh every 3-4 hours-- in fact, I enjoy a refresher in the middle of the day. It's kind of like having a cup of coffee-- it perks up your senses and gets things moving in the lull of the afternoon. If you want a cheaper smelling pineapple bomb, go for 15U11. If you want a very nice, modern, expensive smelling version of Aventus, go for 15U01.

13Z01: This is my favorite batch so far. It smells much richer than any of the 2015 batches-- much deeper, fuller notes on both sides, the pineapple and the smoke. The notes are balanced PERFECTLY so that neither one really stands over the other. It smells truly expertly crafted, and the longevity is excellent. This is the only batch out of all five that I own that I can still smell on my wrist the next day when I wake up. I still refresh it half way through the day, but only because I love the scent, not because I need to. If I could only wear one scent the rest of my life, I am a tiny bit embarrassed to say that it would probably be this one :)

12E01: This batch was described to me as a "beast" from a fellow Basenote'er whom I purchased it from, but it hasn't worked out that way on my skin. It smells awesome, there is no question about that. It is close to 13Z01, but balanced more towards the smoke end of the spectrum. Unfortunately it doesn't last anywhere near as long. This batch actually gets the worse longevity for me, only about 2-3 hours, but boy does it smell amazing when you want to smell that really smoky pineapple.

11Z01: I know this is commonly referred to as the Holy Grail, but my vote for the title would go to 13Z01. Like 12E01, this batch is also similar to 13Z01, but balanced more towards the pineapple side instead of the smoky side. It smells amazing for sure, but also like 12E01 longevity has been an issue-- maybe 3 hours, tops.

10E01: If I had to choose a runner up for the title of Holy Grail after 13Z01, it would be this batch. It's awesome! It has the deepest, fullest, most sophisticated smell of all the batches I've tried (which is quite a few). It's perfectly balanced like 13Z01, but in a classier, more formal way. There are additional notes of apple and a different-smelling black currant in this that really classes it up and turns it into a real experience rather than just a fragrance. 13Z01 doesn't have this "experience" thing going on, it's just a killer frag. 10E01 takes things to a different level and is definitely the most unique batch of Aventus. it's the only one that really smells different than all the other batches, not just a subtle variation of the same concept. It smells so different that I can easily see why the opinion of this batch is so polarized, but I happen to love it, and I also love the fact that it gives me an option to wear Aventus in more formal settings without being worried about my fragrance choice matching the attire of the event.

As a side note, I've also tried a few of the 2014 batches, and I didn't care for any of them. They all smelled overly synthetic-- kind of like a "sport" version of Aventus-- had terrible longevity, and for the first and only time in my short history with Creed gave me the impression that I would be spending way too much if I purchased them. Whatever the problem was in 2014, it didn't continue into 2015 as far i can tell.
27th November, 2015
Finally I get to experience the famous Aventus. Tested from a sample this morning and again this evening.
Unmistakable pineapple right from the start. The pineapple note is so dominant that I found it hard to discern much else underneath. I thought I got a kind of camphory smell too at the start, and woods later on.
After a couple of hours the scent becomes mellower, smoother, but it's still hard to get past the pineapple.
My preconceptions of this scent were of a crazy, totally-tropical thing, like a hawaiian shirt, that would just make me feel silly: so not my thing. However it wasn't at all like that. Actually it's a fresh, fruity, very modern, and extremely pleasant scent. It grew on me throughout the day, and was complimented too. I can see how young guys would want this - it's upbeat, very attractive, clean. It's the kind of scent a younger guy would completely expect to appeal to the opposite sex. Whether it actually does or not is for the women to decide. In this sense for me it's absolutely a young man's fragrance.
Longevity : ages, about 8 hours (maybe too long to smell of pineapple?). Sillage : moderate to a bit more than moderate.
Is it worth the price tag? Who am I to say, maybe it is.
Overall a thumbs up.
November 2015
21st November, 2015
Corto Maltese Show all reviews
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Chronologie X

The Godfather

Modern reinterpretation of the 1980's. Magnificent smell of quality shaving foam mixed with pineapple and currant.

I had the opportunity to smell it when it first appeared in the market, and I had it in my collection by the next year.

I neither feel sorry nor is it important that it became mega popular and that the younger generations are doing the propaganda that bothers many. What I do find important is that pleasure and emotions I feel when I'm wearing it.

Aventus is a scent for urban gentlemen, which can be worn throughout the year, combined with some elegant style. Stability and projection are great.

My olfactory signature, the perfume I found myself in.

Masterpiece...
20th October, 2015
I get mostly the top and base notes from Aventus. I do like it, though it's not a smell I would want to wear myself. I'm not sure why it's so hyped up. The pineapple is nice, but it doesn't smell natural. In fact, it reminds me of some of the laundry detergents sold here in Mexico, so it doesn't come off as expensive-smelling like several of the other Creed fragrances I really like.

Something in the base notes reminds me of Gucci Nobile, which I also don't like for myself but can appreciate. Maybe it's the way the oakmoss and musk are blended in these two fragrances.

So, in summary, smells good—not great—in theory, but not for me.
07th October, 2015
Just got a 5ml sample and must admit that Aventus is a very good fragrance. It's extremely versatile and masculine. Perhaps Creed's most versatile of their modern options. While my preference is still for Spice & Wood, Aventus is definitely worth owning and I will be purchasing a decant when this sample is used up. Thumbs up.
04th October, 2015
Just smells like burning pine needles to me. I don't get any pineapple. Tried multiple times but to no avail.
24th September, 2015
I brought my very first bottle of Aventus. 15R11 Batch.
It really sets the standard for fragrances, Aventus regardless of what batch as I've smelled others. Now I just can't find myself investing cash into any other fragrance after this. Maybe a few others from Creed and Tom Ford line but anything else would be redundant, it be a downgrade.
That's how good it is at first, but then you become used to it and it becomes average... to me atleast. If this is average than you can imagine anything else after on the market is unimpressive.
I'm more of a fashion/style guru rather than an expert in the fragrance game. But in my opinion Aventus is the best safest essential to have with any outfit of the day.
04th September, 2015
Perfect for all occasions. I can wear this one to work, school, bars, or even just while lounging around the house, though you might want to save your squirts and wear it out in public for everyone to enjoy. Strong smell of pineapple but a little bit smoky. This one is very masculine and I think most ages could pull it off. Aventus last a pretty long time and projects nicely. Ill give it a 9/10.
03rd September, 2015
I had a try on this elegant perfume and despite the price ,it was totally satisfying. Fresh opening and fresh ending. I think it opens with citrus scent, mostly apple and pineapple. It dries down slowly within at least 3 to 4 hours with magnificent projection. I can claim that It is about your arm length. Afterward the scent of middle and base notes appears. I can smell fresh floral scent mixed with musk and ambergris significantly. This is the time that the silage is near to skin. It doesn't disappear at least for 2 to 3 hours. Therefore I can say the longevity is at least 5 to 7 hours, however the trace of the scent stays on your skin more than it. Let me say for 3 hours more, but it is not significant.
I consider it is a summary and somehow spring fragment and more diurnal than nocturnal. The good point is it is wearable for all occasions.
This is the perfume that never makes you feel boring. Every time that you smell it, you feel comfortable and satisfied. The point is how much do you you want to spend on a perfume? I think the price is the matter that does not satisfy you. For sure perfumes buff would do. This is a professional and subtle perfume which you never regret buying it. Thumbs up for CREED AVENTUS. Lovely but expensive.
02nd August, 2015 (last edited: 03rd August, 2015)
Pineapple and some indistinct floral concoction. I don't see this as anyone's signature scent. Maybe Sponge Bob square pants who lived in a pineapple. Creed tried and failed with this. The ridiculous price tag should fool no-one.
02nd August, 2015
I'll keep this short. I slowly fell in love with this. Neiman-Marcus has all the Creed fragrances out to test and this one stood out over all the rest however, I didn't LOVE it yet.

I went home, ordered a 2ml sample online and spent more time with it, walked on the beach, went to dinner and a movie and slowly fell in love with it like a high school girlfriend.

I just got my 4oz a few days ago in the mail and have been wearing it ever since.
27th July, 2015
Finally own this heavenly juice just amazing...If i could own 1 scent this would be it for sure :)from top to bottom a masterpiece well worth the money in my opinion...
25th July, 2015 (last edited: 13th August, 2015)
A very strange and elusive fragrance.

It's really hard to "get", but undeniably well done in terms of composition and choice of materials.

Aventus smells very natural and unobtrusive, but at the same time has a very synthetic vibe going on. Like new car interiors or fresh laundry.

Not a fragrance of great character and uniqueness. But a safe and smart choice if you can't decide what to wear.

TL;DR smells very nice, but that's about it.
16th July, 2015
Jtm Show all reviews
I tried this recently at nordstroms when it hit my skin the pineapple was there it was great! Then as it dried down all I could smell was Christmas tree.... There are no notes of pine or even cypress but even my daughter said daddy you smell like Christmas at grandmas.... Even after a few hours the phantom pine notes were still going strong. To the point that I actually likened it to Tom fords Italian cypress... it was very good and I did like it but was searching for a new summer scent and Christmas at grandmas was not what I was after. Ended up with virgin island water.
21st June, 2015
Salutation.

If you don't have a collection a CREED fragrance is the only fragrance you need just like AVENTUS!what can i say about it?Everything about it speaks of dignity,deep pleasure and exhilaration. Modern yet timeless. Amazing, Sophisticated,Aristocratic,Modern, Fruity,Subtle and Chic.

AVENTUS is tempered with a touch of rose,patchouli and jasmine are accented by fruits red apple,bergamot and especially pineapple and warm amber for a fresh and masculine scent that will make people stop in their tracks.The scent is simply gorgeous.Very sophisticated scent that demands attention.

This great fragrance is a nice refreshing scent that works for everyday as well as special occasions. its prestigious formula and wear it year round.Anyway if you are looking for a fragrance when you walk pass a group you want see heads turn AVENTUS is a great choice.Thank you CREED!

Sillage?Very Good.

Longevity?About 10 hours on my skin.

7.75/10