Reviews

Negative Reviews of Aventus by Creed

I really like the smell but after twenty minutes it just disappears. The sample I tried was much smokier than the batch I got. I understand about that olfactory fatigue, but for that price id like to smell it longer..
03rd June, 2015
This is certainly a daring fragrance. And while I generally love truly daring fragrances (such as Salvador Dali por Homme, Yatagan, Encre Noir), Aventus simply makes me nauseous. I get pineapple and menthol cigarette. Or pineapple and Ben-Gay. I'm actually partial to smoky fragrances (Gucci pour Homme and oud fragrances being favorites), but Aventus is simply not for me. But cheers for thinking out of the bottle.
07th May, 2015
I really don't get the hype about this. I smelled this from a bona-fide flacon at a reputable store, so no fake involved is possible, and what I got was a very anonymous, orange-pineapple like scent. No richness, nothing special, just became obnoxious after the first 10 minutes. Creed has done SO much better in the past, I really don't get what all the craze is about, personally.

I'll pass.
14th October, 2014

When my boyfriend was wearing this it made me sick to my stomach! It's way too strong and gave me a headache. Also, I thought Creed was supposed to be "for royals" ...weren't they founded in the 70's?! Well any way...not for me! thumbs down!
30th January, 2014
Well not sure where to start but this is one of the most over rated fragrances I have ever seen/smelt.I tried this one after work on my way home,when I got home my wife asked me what the over powering brothel smell was,it was too much I couldn't wait to get it of my skin.If you happen to like this fragrance you should get mont blanc legend,it smells exactly the same but 4 times cheaper than aventus.
07th January, 2014
If you can get past the hype it's a good designer scent. Unfortunately like all Creeds it is way overpriced and as such gets the thumbs down from me.
04th May, 2013
Burnt pineapple chunk marinated in rancid dime-store perfume.
13th April, 2013 (last edited: 18th April, 2013)
Synthetic dishwasher and fabric softener fragrance rolled into one.
22nd March, 2013
Honestly i cant say it's worth it's price. Too much for what it is. It's a GREAT scent but nothing extraordinary actually. Like many Creeds, high price for such a arguable quality sometimes(batches issues) makes me pass on this.
06th January, 2013
Aventus opens with a very potent fruity/floral dishwashing liquid accord that lingers forever.(Don't know what batch I had, it was a sample vial). I could not get past it. After a while, it calms down and you get a red apple accord that is quite pleasant. I don't get the smokiness and the pineapple that most people rave about . This scent has strong projection and longevity. This scent is way overhyped and the claims are larger than the fragrance itself. Very masculine scent and if you like strong, potent, toxic smelling scents, this is for you. Please try before you buy and spray with caution. Unfortunately, Aventus was way too strong for my taste. It did not work with my skin chemistry; I also didn't like smelling like dishwashing liquid/chemicals all day. BUY/TRY/PASS. I'll pass. Both thumbs way down.
08th December, 2012
"Are you wearing perfume?" - my wife
24th November, 2012
A nonsensical combination of fruit salad and tarry leather. Think: Pineapple vs. Bomber jacket ('Royal Pineapple' according to the nauseating Creed PR). Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather attempts a similar shotgun marriage with raspberry. There's a starchy note wafting through too, like stale Smash, thus making Aventus a fruity-leather mashup. Does that not sound enticing?
31st August, 2012
pineapple & fruits (nothing 'specific' that comes to mind, just fruit, similar to the reaction that i have when drinking a 'tropical' cocktail of juices, think tropicana, combination of various tropical juices) with a hint of vanilla. that's it. have i mentioned the pineaple?
after 30min it dries down into a generic, fruity, ambery vanillic fragrance, similar to tens if not hundreds of high street fragrances. the only difference? the exorbitant price tag that you have to pay because the name creed is attached to it.
no, no, no, a thousand times no. will not give in to the hype and pay close to £200 for something that smells like pineapple. try it first, ask for samples, buy samples of it off ebay and wear it as many times as humanly possible, and then, only then, if you are convinced is worth the price tag go buy it.
oh, and i keep forgetting to say the most important thing, it smells like pineapple. i don't think i've mentioned it before.
26th July, 2012 (last edited: 27th July, 2012)

My first words that come to mind are smokey, masculine, and a hint of sweetness. This would be the perfect night scent when you are trying to impress someone. The sweet pineapple notes hits from the beginning and very noticeable, then it evolves into a more smokey, musk, vanilla scent. As for projection, it is very strong and longevity is decent, maybe 5 hours. It is a nice scent to have in your collection (batch #C42B11Z01)
10th May, 2012 (last edited: 13th May, 2012)
Fanboyism is not just a symptom of the electronic and gaming industries, and like every iteration of Call of Duty, a new Creed is bound to bring the hype. Well don't believe it. Modern Warfare: Aventus has designer-itus but it falls on its face as soon as the base emerges. You see, the top notes smells like a quality, pineapple dominant fruit salad, and there's ultimately nothing wrong with that, but as the suedey, musky, Everlast 1910ish base emerges things quickly turn. No matter how nice your notes, if they don't play well together than your fragrance is poor.

Interestingly enough, I feel that the hype behind this product absolutely WILL carry it, which is a bizarre oddity of our culture because if this had been released by anyone else, ESPECIALLY a slightly less known designer like Kenzo or Carven, the sands of time would quickly erase our memories of it.

And in the event that it is a "batch variation" issue that is causing some bottles of Aventus to be not-so-good, then this should get a double negative because that's amateur horsecrap that shouldn't be an issue with a $200+ fragrance, although I personally don't buy that "batch variation" excuse for a single unit of planck time.
17th April, 2012
MOONB Show all reviews
Say what you will about it, but Aventus isn't very good. Its semi-sweet and nondescript pineapple/apple/blackcurrant topnotes aren't very realistic and smell like an extremely high quality aromachemical blend, with a heady "mens cologne" vibe. Disappointing really, especially given how much the pineapple note has been hyped up. Eventually rose, birch, and oakmoss step in, smelling very inky and dry. There's really nothing "smoky" going on. Someone else said that Aventus closely resembles freshly-printed newspapers, but I have another theory: Aventus smells like crisp dollar bills. It has the same metallic/inky/clean/semi-sweet demeanor, and its presence is just as cold and incorruptible. Aventus means "success" - do I sense a theme here? In the end, this all resolves into a light vanilla brushed with the vaguest suggestion of patchouli and ambergris.

Perhaps women swoon over this uninspired dreck, but even if they do, I'm hard-pressed to care. As Aventus dries down on me, my feelings for Green Irish Tweed grow ever stronger.
15th February, 2012
I had high hopes when i ordered a test sample. But OMG what a deception. Its pineapple throughout and the developement is almost non existent. The dry down is nothing special and reminds me of those articila bathroom scents. There is really no deptht to this scent and apart form my teenage daughters nobody seems to like it around me. I just can't believe the high price of such a simple product. So glad i did not blind order this, would have given me an even bigger hangover.
24th October, 2011
I 100% agree with barclaydetolly, I was eagerly looking forward to trying Aventus, as I do all Creeds. But, truly, this is awful stuff. On me it smells like 10% pineapples and 90% acrid, burned rubber. I find it offensive -- it's my absolute least favorite Creed. Could I have been the victim of a bad batch? Who knows. But it's equally objectionable, at this price point, that consumers are expected to be amateur detectives just to ferret out a nice-smelling sample.
17th August, 2011
This isn't a bad scent. However, I give it a thumbs down for three reasons: poor value, generic style, and inferior dry-down.
For a scent to be this expensive, I feel it should be distinctive, enthralling, and represent a high degree of the perfume art. This has none of those qualities. So the selling price accentuates the next two issues.
The style is competent. I find it to be a somewhat bland but attractive smooth, evening-out scent. Nothing grabs my attention but nothing shrieks at me.
However, the long-term dry-down presents a bright, somewhat synthetic note which suggests powdered laundry detergent. It is punchy and fresh, but not at all what expect from a noble sort of scent. More in the drugstore line, to be frank.
The scent starts with good citrus and fruit notes. These are crisp, vibrant, and natural. They do not suggest fruit loops or hard candy. These deepen with dry florals and the merest hint of wood. Then follows an early light musk-moss phase -- the vanilla is restrained here. So far, the scent has my approval if not my admiration. Its restraint gives it a gentlemanly air, which works well with the clubby aspects. But overall, the scent lacks any compelling or distinctive features. It seems like many others of its kind. And then the bright detergent note emerges and, in my opinion, ruins any cred it had established. Really, an uninspired offering from Creed -- in my opinion.
03rd August, 2011
I was eagerly looking forward to trying Aventus, as I do all Creeds. But on me it smells like 20% pineapples and 80% acrid, smoky rubber. This and Bois du Portugal are my least favorite Creeds. And come to think of it, I'd probably wear BDP before Aventus, so this one takes the cake as my least favorite.

Update: tried Aventus again. Not as bad as the first sniff, but still bad. I just don't like the way this smells.
20th June, 2011 (last edited: 20th July, 2012)
This is the most ridiculous cologne I have ever smelt. First of all, does it smell good? I wouldn't go that far. You see, this smells like pinapple musk. Yes, you heard right, pineapple and musk.

Now men's colognes are expected to have that stinky, skunky, musk smell. It's manly. Mazzolari Lui is a perfect example of that.

Some men's colognes and some women's colognes smell good, fruity, fresh, aquatic etc. Creed MI comes to mind.

But what is the point of combining a sweet good smell with musk? That's like defecating in a rose garden. It doesn't make any sense.

Granted, that over time the fruity smell goes away and the musk base note remains, but I'm going to give this a thumbs down for the odd juxtaposition.
10th May, 2011
Oh Lord. If you want to smell like a pineapple flavoured scratch n sniff card, be my guest.....

Faaar too much FRUIT for a supposedly 'masculine' fragrance. But then I find the vast majority of Creed scents make me smell like I've just stumbled out of an eighteenth century Parisian dandy's poetry reading soiree, a liberal sprinkling of flower petals and talcum powder sticking stubbornly to my smoking jacket.
23rd February, 2011
Its a really nice cologne,unique but it doesn't long that much. Aventus is really fresh fragance ,smell similar like Bleu de chanel but better.I. go for Bleu de Chanel because is more cheaper and stay more longer on my skin.I went to Neiman Marcus to try Aventus . I put almost the whole bottle I was smelling so good but when I went to my job like an hour the smell was gone. No one notice that I was wearing 280.00 fragance
25th January, 2011
I really don't understand where Creed wants to go. The times of Green Iris Tweed and Bois du Portugal are definitely dead, sadly to say.
This Aventus is nothing, but really nothing, special. It smells like thousands other sinthetic scents.
Nothing exclusive, except for the price.
You wear it and, if someone dare to ask, this is what you' ll be asked for: do you wear Cartier? Do you wear Gucci? Do you wear Davidoff?
No, I am wearing the ultimate Creed, Aventus, an exclu$iv€ and expen$iv€ scent...
Save your money...
07th January, 2011
Smells wonderful, but sadly, doesnt last.

Got a sample from Harrods and thought, after the amount I had put on, I would smell it for a week.. 2 hours at the most.

would never spend the money on it as it simply doesnt last.

close, but not close enough. too much money, for too little.

04th December, 2010
I was mesmerized by the top notes, pleasantly surprised and transported by the mid notes, especially the birch but was completely underwhelmed by the base. The oakmoss, which is the predominant note is just OK and the vanilla completely wrecks whatever uniqueness it had initially. Another potentially great men's fragrance ruined by vanilla.
16th October, 2010