Positive Reviews of Aventus by Creed

I've own alot of fragrances, from designer to niche I have a pretty broad collection. But, I've only owned one Creed fragrance which was GiT, till I bought Aventus.

Aventus is a scent that has enough hype behind it to fuel its own marketing without having to invest in marketing. I've never seen an add for it but I always knew right when I jumped into cologne, that it was "The King" I finally forked over to get a batch 16M01.

Its earned its hype accordingly. I've never seen a fragrance with this amount of performance. I have oud fragrances that don't out perform this monster. I get EASILY 12+ hours on skin.

It has a scent that is incredibly hard to describe without using the generic "Pineapple and woods". Its an amazing combination and with Creed's attention to detail by using the finest ingredients, it turns into a top seller.

Whenever I wear this fragrance I spray it on and become instantly more confident compared to my other colognes. I feel like a literal demi-god, nothing can stop me. Its out there, gives you an alpha complex and makes you feel more confident. It caught me off guard because I love GiT and used alot of it, but this is easily my signature scent.

The batch variations really mess up the fragrance sometimes, but if you get a decent balanced batch. It becomes an easy reach, and an even easier wear.
07th October, 2017
Will Aventus go down as an all time classic?? Yes
Dose it gather compliments? Yes
Is it a beautiful smelling fragrance? Yes

Of course I have given it tops marks and a big thumbs up. I will add that I do not own a full bottle. I only own decants. The reason???? Armaf Club de Nuit Intense. I just prefer it. Why? It is consistently smokey and fruity. There is less variation in batches. It is roughly a 5th of the price and in my experience has given me more compliments than Aventus. I will not expect all to agree with me but I can't justify paying that price when I can get something like CDNI so much cheaper. Which one was the original doesn't bother me. All the business about driving a fiat that was wrapped in the body of a Porsche doesn't bother me. You don't see a fragrance you smell it. Aventus is great but not full bottle worthy for me!!!

Okay.....UPDATE!!!

I did pull the trigger on this one. Still like CDNI just as much though!
28th September, 2017 (last edited: 03rd October, 2017)
I mean...it smells pretty good, I just wouldn't pay the high price per mL. Definitely smokey. I get more of an apple vibe with very subtle pineapple. It's like a gentleman's fresh cologne. I can understand the shaving foam reference after wearing it a day or two. IMHO there's plenty of better smelling fragrances for a quarter of the price...
19th August, 2017 (last edited: 20th August, 2017)

Chronologie III

Modern reinterpretation of the 1980's. Magnificent smell of quality shaving foam mixed with pineapple and currant.

I had the opportunity to smell it when it first appeared in the market, and I had it in my collection by the next year.

I neither feel sorry nor is it important that it became mega popular and that the younger generations are doing the propaganda that bothers many. What I do find important is that pleasure and emotions I feel when I'm wearing it.

Aventus is a scent for urban gentlemen, which can be worn throughout the year, combined with some elegant style. Stability and projection are great.

My olfactory signature, the perfume I found myself in.

Masterpiece...

27th July, 2017
i cant really tell what it is.. maybe pineapple.. but i smell a salty smell along with it... some describe it as ashy or smokey. i smell salty fruit. and i love salt and salty fruit!.. freak'n smells awesome!
25th July, 2017
A true masterpiece and definitely my signature sent hands down. This particular fragrance was the one who put me on my journey of becoming a true enthusiast and frag-head!
25th July, 2017
Bigsly Show all reviews
The French apples really makes this scent. If the apples were from anywhere else, there's no way anyone would like this one, I'm convinced. Have you ever eaten a French apple? If not, you are missing one of the greatest experiences of your life! Seriously, it's okay. I've got some clones of it and a decant, not sure which batch, but don't care. Do I rate it higher than something like the humble (and vintage formulation) of Uomo? Moschino? No, that's a lot more interesting/dynamic and they are both similar in terms of the occasions, weather, etc. in which I'd wear these types of scents. It's the ultimate "hype train" scent, but that doesn't bother me, and I understand that few people want to do a lot of sampling/comparing. I'd give it a neutral if retail price is taken into account, at best, but I'll rate it a weak positive for the scent itself.
22nd July, 2017
A great fragrance that's
Very popular despite
Bad mod covfefe.
02nd July, 2017
I understand that some scent hounds (meant that in a good way) will not wear this, but most of them admit that it is a good fragrance. I have never received more compliments from another frag than I have with this gem!
In fact, I was at the deli counter at Jewel, and a lady commented to another lady that "something smells really good". I thought she was talking about the roasted chicken (seriously-she was about 5 feet away and it had been at least 3 hours since Aventus was applied), but then she said, "someone is wearing nice cologne". I stated that it might me me, she got close and inhaled deeply, and said, "wow, what is that?".
The pineapple and apple opening is, IMO, without precedent. The dry down is equally pleasing. I do admit that it is expensive, but my collection will always be graced with a bottle. I also appreciate the variation in the batches. To most frag-heads, we can detect the variation, but to the average person walking through your scent trail, it just smells fantastic! Excellent job! This frag needs to be saluted.
18th June, 2017
TooBIG Show all reviews
I know there is a bunch of hype on this one but this is the King. It's just a masterpiece of a scent. Expensive for a reason you get what you pay for performance and complements. This last a long time on my skin and can be smelled by many when not even in real close proximity.

If you can't afford a whole bottle start out small and fine someone that will do splits with you or will decant it to you.

Must have to anyone's collection.
18th June, 2017
Ill try not to say anything here that hasn't already been said, but this is a fantastic fragrance. I currently have 16j01 and based on what I've read about other batches I'd say this one is very well balanced. Not the most complex scent but still really interesting. Hard to find anything else like it. Longevity is at least 8 hours. Silage in my opinion is moderate. Really versatile fragrance in that I can see myself wearing this casually, to the office, on a date, or to a formal event. Not necessarily favorite fragrance but it's up there and my wife absolutely loves it. Big thumbs up!
15th June, 2017
It is a splendid, lovely, fruity, and complex fragrance which automatically increases your mood. Extremely long lasting, sillage is quite low considering. I wouldn't class it as a masculine fragrance, more unisex, I can't say what would qualify it to be masculine. Overall, a great fragrance, a bit overrated but worth the price.
25th March, 2017 (last edited: 01st April, 2017)
So, after reading and watching so many reviews I bit the bullet did a blind buy on the soleil dor website for a 4 oz. bottle. I got the 16k11 batch for the scent nerds. I can't compare it to other batches, but this fragrance IMO is overhyped. But, regardless of the hype I like this fragrance for what it is and it's BEAST performance. I was scared that these 2016/17 batches would be shit in performance due to all the hearing I've heard. I spray one shot at the center of my collar bone throat above chest area with a shirt on and it last all day. 8.5-9 hours clocked. It may go further didn't bother to ask my roommates. Easily my best purchase to date. Oh and I say nerds as a compliment as I look for you/them to guide me to more fragrances I may enjoy.
14th February, 2017

This is the scent that started it all for me. I was pre-gaming with friends for a night out and a fellow BN'er and perfume connoisseur pulls out a decant of Aventus. When I first smelled it in the bottle, I didn't recognize it as anything special, but then as I watched the girls we were with react to it, I felt compelled to give it a more thorough assessment. The looks on their faces said, "Whoa!", "Wow!", "OMG!" ect. One even said, "dont spray any more of that, you're making me all hot and bothered over here" (or something to that effect). So naturally, I sprayed some on my arm just to see what all the commotion was about, and soon I was saying Wow myself. Kept sniffing it all night and into the next morning, and decided that day that I had to have some of this. I have a decant, and will be getting a bottle at some point.

Since that night, I've explored many more Creeds and determined that Aventus isn't really my personal favorite in the line. That smokey tar note is a little brash for me, but it isn't a complete deal breaker. Even if I'd decided that I don't like the frag, I would still give it a thumbs up based purely on the female reactions to it. It's a lady killer and draws many compliments. Must have for any Creed fan.
18th January, 2017

In general I adore being able to "smell", it's one of my favourite human senses. I don't know what it is but Aventus is just so wonderfully crafted and it's awoken my love and interest in perfumes that regrettably faded away a few years ago.

The first blast has that perfect fruity punch of pineapples and apples that is so loved by the fans. Then for me it quickly dries down into the familiar and comforting smell that for me IS Aventus.

The Aventus smell is so difficult to describe properly for someone who hasn't experienced it and the lay person will have this problem in spades, just describing it as "Wow" "nice", or "lush". Compliments a plenty from women and men, but with no real focus about WHAT they like about it.

To me it's pleasant, calming and provides a very relaxing but strong confidence vibe. It tends to project reasonably well, without being offensive or the slightest bit invasive. It's a welcomed friendly scent without being too sweet, or too sour. It's masculine and musky, but also light at the same time.

A lot of the older reviews talk about incredible longevity and projection, but these modern batches regrettably seem to pale in comparison. This is an obvious disappointment, but even then the modern version is still a King among Kings.

It's without doubt my favourite fragrance. If you've never tried it before, should you get the chance in the future, please do.
03rd January, 2017
One of the fragrances that got me into this hobby. I remember reading about it and then once intrigued, ordered some samples since no stores around me allow Creed samples.

I ordered Aventus, GIT, SMW and MI, hoping to get an idea of what Creed was all about. Aventus was the clear winner, not only in scent but just pure power. I think some must have spilled in the box I was keeping the sample in because each time I opened it for the next month I could smell this amazing scent that I wanted to smell like.

It does get compliments, does get noticed and does live up to all the boasts about the projection and longevity. I think it was the first fragrance that I had tried that came close to living up to all the reviews and hype.
16th December, 2016
For an Eau de Parfum it doesn't last too long. Also, at the store I tried it on the sample sheet and it smelled amazing, however when I sprayed on my body the smell was a bit different and I couldn't feel the top notes. However, Aventus has got a fancy fragrance and I'm not sorry for having buying it, actually I'm quite satisfied.
06th December, 2016 (last edited: 07th December, 2016)
a fresh, safe, versatile masculine fragrance

Starts off with a fresh fruity smell. the smoky birch notes then start to show up providing more masculinity to the mix. i then get accustomed to the smell and almost stop detecting it. it then shows up under certain conditions (e.g. body heat) out of nowhere as a very nice musky fragrance. the musky drydown stays there close to my skin for more than 24 hours.i like the drydown. its a very versatile scent that almost never disturbs people around you.
Just into the thumbs up territory.

Overall score: 7.8/10
10th November, 2016
Stardate 20161003:

A decent fragrance. Smells nice and clean and lasts long. There is not much development but then it is a Creed. Better than most of Creed and many other "Niches". The fanboys make it a bit hard to like the fragrance but that is not Aventus' fault. If the price was better it would be a thumbs up.

Update :
I got it for around $1/ml split and I should use that as the price rather than retail. So I am giving it thumbs up.
03rd October, 2016 (last edited: 04th October, 2016)
Nice and clean! Black Currant, Jasmine, Oakmoss. Eucris with a Pineapple start. As I say nice and clean. I like to be nice and a little bit dirty.
I'll take the Eucris with it's Cumin and eat a Pineapple for lunch.Eucris lasts all day with more colour and buoyancy.Here goes another push. Eucris.
03rd October, 2016
This is a hard review as I believe with all the batch variations it's hard to give an accurate representation but it opens fruity (pineapple) and for me with some wood, goes into a musky light apple fragrance, stupidly good projection and longevity to boot, I am struggling as to whether it goes to a thumbs up or neutral review, I will put thumbs up for now though.

Scent: 8/10
Longevity: 9/10
Sillage: 9/10

Overall: 8.66
04th September, 2016
Being number 2 in a series of 16 reviews on critically acclaimed and noteworthy scents.

As usual with Creeds, I was dubious about trying this. A first reaction might be: pineapple? really? But then I have no objection to smelling like coffee, cocoa, aniseed, and any number of other comestibles.

There is perhaps less going on up top than the note pyramid suggests; either that, or the pineapple blocks the rest out. The descriptions of "smoky pineapple" and similar are pretty much spot on, as fairly early on the pineapple is joined by a smokiness that is comprised of, I suppose, the birch, patchouli, and base notes as cited above.

And... it's not half bad. I get on with it. The FWF family approves, which is important. Most of all, it smells rather better than it sounds. It's almost like a cologne type fragrance given the Andy Warhol treatment, the same patterns and figures, just a completely left-field palette. It does not, as I suspected it might, smell like I had spilt a can of Lilt* over myself. It's way more sophisticated than that. Not sure I would buy in a hurry (q.v.: Himalaya), but I would get use out of Aventus were someone to buy it for me. Thumbs up for boldness and blend.

* UK name for a pineapple and grapefruit carbonated beverage.
30th August, 2016
Great scent but not my favourite. I believe it is overhyped.
10th August, 2016
I'm curious if anyone picks up on a similarity to Raid : Ant Killer - pine forest fresh scent
09th August, 2016
Above all, Aventus is versatile. It's so fresh and zesty, that a scorching summer's day is its perfect accompaniment. Come evening time, spray on some more (your nose gets used to it really fast otherwise) and marvel at how the ever-so-slightly smoky drydown is just what the doctor ordered. Freezing winter? Of course, spray it on! It smells great! A true signature gem. I have a clone produced locally, which I usually layer with my 10ml decant of Aventus batch 11Z01 on my pulse points. The clone actually projects more, but after the drydown it becomes sickly and cloying, whereas the real stuff is simply sublime.

Five+ stars
20th July, 2016
Batches? I don't care about no stinkin' batches.

Is the attention muy annoying? You betcha! Despite that, I like the scent of fruity pineapple, particularly in warm weather, just fine. That, coupled with the ash/smoke and alluring drydown, ride waves of new-age aromachems large enough I often confuse with floaters, leaves this OK by me. I participated 50ml/$70 in a BN split a few years back - seems about the right price. A fan, just not a crazed fan.
05th June, 2016
The pineapple is pleasing in the first five minutes but it is fleeting. I want say I smell melon and lemon in the first few minutes as it drys.

After the fruity scent fades I'm left with the smell of fresh pine needles and Christmas furs. I used to work at a flower wholesaler and during December our industrial fridges would be full top to bottom with Christmas furs and wreaths and that is what the initial dry down smells like to me. It's very pleasing, fresh and organic. It does not smell like the synthetic green smell you get with a lot of men's colognes. On a personal note it reminds me of the cabins from summer camp when I was a child. it smells like decades of the scents of wilderness gathering in the walls of said cabins. Or like a walk through forest of the smoky mountains.

Aventus smells fresh...I don't get any smokiness and the fruity notes are fleeting, except when I'm sweating the pineapple will briefly return. Overall it smells like nature.

It a good fresh scent and i don't find it personally imposing so I would say it's a great daily scent to wear to work. As a nurse who is frequently around new patients and in close proximity with them I would say this is a great sent that won't offend and may impress in some cases. I haven't got any compliments on this one yet a week in, but I have gotten great compliments with creeds royal oud and millesime imperial. I don't rely on compliments and the scent is pleasing to me and enjoyable to wear. This could be a daily driver for me. Time will tell.

Overall rating: 8/10
11th April, 2016
Batch: 14M01

The picture i get with this fragrance is
Slices of ripe pineapple, apple with a bouquet of fully bloomed roses & jasmine lying on a table along with high quality shaving cream & some woods being burnt in a distance.

Smells really natural & high quality. No clone of this fragrance comes close to this in terms of quality, performance & refinement. Totally worth the money.

It is true that it gives nose fatigue. Lasts easily 12+ hours on me & projection is excellent.

10th April, 2016
Before I try Aventus, I thought compliments on fragrance is just a myth. My colleagues at work, and when I'm out with friends commented how something smell amazing when I wear it. Especially ladies. So hype is definitely for a reason. My first bottle was 120 ml of 15U11 batch which is heavy pineapple batch with great oak moss and birch balance making it extremely masculine. Performance on my skin and how people react on Aventus was a really pleasant surprise. However, I notice a difference with my other batch, second one I currently own which is 250 ml flacon of 15X21. Both of them are great in longevity, 8-10 hours no problem. Batch 15X21 is little more apple, smokier and slightly leathery. It is amazing as well and those differences are slight, however I prefer first one just a little more and already consider this as a problem. Even if some other people prefer those composition more. Batch numbers is definitely an issue and minus for Aventus at my opinion. Hope that issue will be resolved once and for all with upcoming 2016 series of fragrance.
02nd April, 2016
Totally worth the hype and much more. Longevity and silage are way better than average (batch 15x01). So glad I'm able to stock up with splits from this awesome community (BN).
18th March, 2016