Reviews

Positive Reviews of Aventus by Creed

Salutation.

If you don't have a collection a CREED fragrance is the only fragrance you need just like AVENTUS!what can i say about it?Everything about it speaks of dignity,deep pleasure and exhilaration. Modern yet timeless. Amazing, Sophisticated,Aristocratic,Modern, Fruity,Subtle and Chic.

AVENTUS is tempered with a touch of rose,patchouli and jasmine are accented by fruits red apple,bergamot and especially pineapple and warm amber for a fresh and masculine scent that will make people stop in their tracks.The scent is simply gorgeous.Very sophisticated scent that demands attention.

This great fragrance is a nice refreshing scent that works for everyday as well as special occasions. its prestigious formula and wear it year round.Anyway if you are looking for a fragrance when you walk pass a group you want see heads turn AVENTUS is a great choice.Thank you CREED!

Sillage?Very Good.

Longevity?About 10 hours on my skin.

7.75/10
09th June, 2015
What else can be said about Aventus? This is a masterpiece, and that is not an accolade I use liberally. Gorgeous pineapple complimented with birch and balanced with a hint of vanilla and rose. The result? A mouth-watering aroma that attracts the curiousity of everyone around you.
07th June, 2015
So, time to review the big guy.

After sampling aventus for the first time I must say I was not very interested. I gave it about 6 months until I emptied my decant and realized I was missing something. I've owned over 50 bottles of cologne and after buying my first bottle of Aventus (13zz01) I realized I had never loved a scent as much until now. After a quater of a century of collecting scents I've found something I was completely head over heels for. So I sold almost my entire wardrobe except for the few tom fords and creeds I decided to keep and went hunting for another bottle (13Q01).

.... And then it happened....

I noticed my beloved aventus had transformed into an excessive smokey birch mixture....and I liked it.

It had amped up smoke and completely blew me over. I was floored that they were the "same" scent. But I really, really liked the smokier version. 13Q01 is supposed to be the worst batch ever and I find it incredible. I feel like the whole point of Aventus was the smokey oakmoss mixture duelling with fruity undertones. This to me, is true Aventus.....and yet

....it happened again....

I went to buy another bottle intrigued with these so called "variations" and was quite upset. The next bottle was 14K01. And I'm not sure what to say. It was a very beautiful scent but quite different. It had more vanilla on top and I got almost none of the oakmoss and smoke that previous batches had. Still nice but I knew that since the ban on oakmoss in 2013 Aventus would never be the same. What an unnecessary shame, people are allergic to peanut butter also but I've yet to see it banned. So I now cherish my older bottles and look here and there for older batches but it's just too time consuming. It pains me to say it but I think Aventus has been laid to rest. The new bottles are great but none compare to my Z01 Q01 ZZ01 2013's. Shame.

04th June, 2015

Aventus

Top : Blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples, Pineapple
Mid: Rose, Dry birch, Moroccan jasmine, Patchouli
Base: Musk, Oak moss, Ambergris, Vanilla

Projection: 1 spray gives you enough of a scent that projects. 2 sprays can be too much for me. I spray once after shower, and then walk around a bit until it tones down before wearing clothes. 2 if you are in a crowd and you want to project. Thats it. It's really solid.

Scent: I fell into the hype machine for Aventus. I have tried the different batch numbers. I lucked out and got the one thats pineapple heavy. It's definitely sweet, but there are days where it feels smoky. It smells like no other cologne. It does not smell like a Macy's or even a Nordstrom.

It has a dark vibe which is really light. When people say smoky pineapple, its completely true. This is a mans fragrance. Chances are that if you are a guy, you are going to like this. Especially if youre relatively young. I'm 30 and for me, it smells addictive.

I'm also the type of guy who does not want people to get an impression of me based on my scent. At the same time, I do like smelling good in the off chance that someone gets close enough to me. And for those times, this is great.

Should you buy this? Yea. There is a hype. But its a great cologne. Its expensive though, so maybe one for several years and you store it properly. It's super versatile and if youre a one cologne kind of guy, then save up for this. Its better than all the wonky designer stuff out there. It smells rich, smooth, pineappley and sweet. It's fun with a strong masculine edge to it.

Projection:10/10
Scent: 9/10
Purchase?: Yea. It's basically the first cologne I got after testing about 30-40 colognes.
29th May, 2015
Undoubtedly a brilliant fragrance that belongs in every collection. Unapologetically masculine, unique (before all the imitators sprung up), transluscent and challenging enough to be provocative. Performance is up there with the best. And from opening to drydown, it remains beautiful.

However, it is not particularly versatile. I don't like to wear It at family occassions or intimate occasions because it has so much intimidating presence. It smells aggressive, if it is even possible for a fragrance to have that characteristic. This is why I feel the 30ml bottle is ample for anyone with a decent range of choices in their fragrance wardrobes. As far as small bottles go, this one looks great and suits the intensity of the fragrance, like a parfum extrait bottle.

It does garner compliments, one random shopper stopped me in a store one day with their jaw dropped and started asking me what I was wearing. However, once they knew the price their jaw dropped again and they suggested it was not going to be on their shopping list, EVER. And that's a plus because Jo Average will not smell anywhere near as good as you.

Aventus is a victim of its own success in the community, but the hype is well-founded and it will always be a nice entry point into niche for newbies. A very safe blind buy.
20th May, 2015
I've only been wearing this scent for a few days now, but I honestly don't think I ever want to wear anything else. I've found that scent that is "me".

My girlfriend loves it, says she's never smelled a better cologne. She also says it smells great on my skin chemistry and that it was made for me. When I'm wearing it, she will practically attack my neck and kiss it off of me. It drives her wild.

If I had to describe the scent in simple terms, it would be as follows:

It starts out with a strong blast of a fruity sweetness with some woodsy undertones.

The fruityness wears off to more of a smoky, leathery wood scent.

Due to the price, I strongly recommend smelling this on your skin first. After one spray, I knew I never wanted to smell like anything else again. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
15th May, 2015
I sampled Aventus no fewer than four times before committing to a bottle. But I'm glad I did get one.

The descriptions are pretty spot-on: pineapple to start, a smoky heart, and a woody oriental base. Sounds weird to a non-fraghead, but it works - and beautifully. So well, that Aventus has also been one of the most-complimented fragrances in my collection, especially from the opposite sex. Excellent longevity, year-round versatility, and just-right sillage as well; always major selling points for any fragrance.

After wearing Aventus for a few months, I can see why it quickly became Creed's best-seller.
06th May, 2015
The magnificent, beautiful, and exquisite CREED Aventus, is my favorite fragrance ever!
I love this fragrance, and if I could only have one, this would be my choice!

CREED Aventus gets so many compliments, it's almost an expectation of mine when wearing it! Niche's "Chick Magnet" for sure!

This is perfection in a bottle!

03rd May, 2015 (last edited: 05th May, 2015)
A great scent....it gets a lot of hate on here, but I've never had more compliments from any fragrance...maybe not even all the others combined. This isn't my favorite fragrance, but when I get a whiff of it in the wind, it's hard to beat. Very unique and a solid masculine perfume. Not going to get into the note breakdowns, because I don't have the nose for it, but this one smells great. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
12th April, 2015
An absolutely stunning masterpiece that merits the acclaim it has received. The scent evokes feelings of masculinity, of refinement. Aventus is truly a timeless classic that has effectively replaced my entire collection. Smokey pineapple with a hint of birch complimented by undertones of vanilla at the base. Buy this fragrance- it is quite simply splendid.
18th March, 2015 (last edited: 04th May, 2015)
Aventus just nails it, it has that wow factor you wish you get when sampling a new fragrance, that feeling of amazement, that moment you put the bottle up to your nose or go in for the initial spray and get touched by something magical. For me it awakens and stimulates my senses in a way that evokes some kind of nostalgia, déjà vu if you like. The fruits harmonize with the florals so well with this perfume I think it underlines everything the Creed house stands for in their testaments and is their benchmark fragrance. Something for other houses to aspire to.
Well done Oliver Creed hats off to you!
5 stars
14th March, 2015
If I could only smell one smell for the rest of my life, this is what I would choose. I really am not somebody who jumps on bandwagons or gets caught up in hype. If I like something I like it and if not then that's fine and this.. I just cannot get enough of this stuff. As with everything there will be people who love it and people who hate it. I just happen to be in love with it.
12th March, 2015
I can picture Atticus Finch splashing this on every morning.
11th March, 2015

Girlfriend said i smell nice....

Winner :-)

Now go buy it!
27th February, 2015
This scent couldn't have enough positive reviews. It has awakened my palette and brought my cologne game to whole new level. It's the only scent I've worn that gets compliments - and lot's of them!

Smoke + Pineapple indeed! The smoke is a most excellent smoke. It reminds me of a campfire. I'm not 100% convinced pineapple is the right fruit, but something like that! It's not too citrusy or too sweet. My particular batch is primarily smokey.

Longevity seems quite good. I can still smell it at the end of the work day, though a bit fainter. I re-apply if I go out in the evening, but otherwise just 2 sprays in the morning.
22nd February, 2015
This frag is superb and gets many compliments from the ladies. How can anyone dislike this? It sshould be five stars, because it doesn't get better than this.
12th February, 2015
The scent is pretty good--smoky pineapple with a bit of green apple over the standard Millesime middle and base. This one does cause olfactory fatigue and the longevity is spotty, so you might not smell it after an hour or two and I've had it wear off completely within four hours before (to the point that others couldn't smell it on me either--not just fatigue). On the flipside of that, I've also had it last over 12 hours before too. Basically this is very sensitive to all kinds of factors. Adding to the temperamental nature of the scent, the infamous batch variations are very real too. I've used two different samples and now own a full bottle and all three vary slightly. The good news is you know basically what it's going to smell like, but the bad news is if you prefer more smoke or more juicy a pineapple it's down to the luck of the draw unless you want to dive into the world of batch variations and fining specific batches for sale online.

It's worth it though. The scent is good, it's strong so you don't need to spray much, projection is good, and it's a huge compliment-getter. Its reputation as a scent that girls love is entirely accurate, and gay guys love it too so as a man wearing this you'll benefit regardless of your preference. It's also not available in every department store so I think it can still be considered uncommon, but it doesn't smell bizarre or out-of-left-field so it's not going to offend unless you over-spray (which is easy to do, watch out.)

The smell is a bit harsh to the wearer which is probably why the fatigue happens so I wouldn't make this my signature scent but for days when I feel like making a stronger impression this is a masculine scent that people notice, so it's worth having a small bottle of it around. Is it the Messiah of fragrances? No, it simply smells good enough and recognizable enough to get compliments and stand out while tame enough to not offend.
06th January, 2015
This is a 5/5 fragrance for me. The Pineapple and Blackcurrant notes are absolutely outstanding. For me, I get up to 12 hours out of this scent, as well as plenty of compliments. The fragrance is not cheap, but as with everything in life, you get what you pay for. People talk about this being a summer only fragrance, but i disagree. The smoky wood in there, means this works just as well in the winter months too!
31st December, 2014
Great scent, great projection and great longevity.
Everything has been said about this one.
28th December, 2014
There is a reason Aventus has all the critical acclaim it does.

Basically it is fantastic!

I recently tried samples of Aventus and Green Irish Tweed, Aventus wins for me by a mile, I felt GIT to be a little bit "older guy" for me, and I am in my 30's. (maybe in 10 years or so).

Upon trying Aventus I have never experienced a scent that is such a good "all rounder", you could literally wear Aventus to any occasion at any time of year.

Aventus is the real deal, it is bang up to date and very modern, but not in a cheap and tacky "TOWIE" kind of way. More in a classy "modern gentleman" kind of way, it is very well composed, the balance is just perfect.

Even if no-one else likes this on me (which I find very unlikely) I will buy Aventus just for me...

Well done Creed.
14th October, 2014
7/24/12 lot ...12A01: quite pleasant, lasts, all the primary notes are there.
11/30/12 lot ..12C02: more pepper, less pineapple.
9/20/14 lot ...14D01 subjectively, not as good as previous lots, more ashy, but still pleasant overall, and a compliment getter. Strange, this lot, to me, seemed to have almost a Tom Ford Grey Vetiver vibe to it. I don't recall noticing anything like that on any other batches I've tried. Still great longevity on me - 14 hours so far.
21st September, 2014
Beautiful smoky pineapple and woods...

I really like this one. I tried it out in the summer and every time I smell this in hot weather it impresses me! A really great choice for hot weather but can also be worn on other occasions across the year.

So Aventus was inspired by the life and legacy of Napoléon Bonaparte, using some the ingredients associated with his memory. Pineapple, his favourite food. Birch wood bark, from Louisiana (ruled by France at that time in history). Blackcurrant from Corsica, his place of birth... and finally Ambergris from the ocean, representing his navy.

It's a lovely smelling fragrance, mostly unique because of the Pineapple note, which I don't see in many other fragrances (it smells like a ripe, juicy Pineapple being freshly cut open with a knife). I also detect Rose, a little Patchoulli, and a tiny hint of Jasmine. I think it's all about the fresh, juicy Pineapple and smoky wood. I also really love the Ambergris base which is musky and salty at the same time. It smells like eating Pineapple by a campfire with something salty. It's a strange combination but it somehow works.

By the way for people who talk about batches, my bottle was bought in 2012, and I get a very fresh Pineapple note, perfectly balanced with the Birch wood.

I do think this one is really unique (ground-breaking... perhaps). But I also see this is a very "safe" fragrance, I think it's different, and I respect that. I also love it enough to wear it quite a bit, but mostly in hot weather. I can't see anyone disliking this... and I would imagine that many people both male and female would find it a very pleasing smell. I think this is one of those fragrances that you should buy only if you really love it, because only you can decide whether to pay the price which is asked for it. I think I do really admire and love this fragrance, for me it does the job. Bottom line is, if you love it it will be worth the money to you. No more no less.
12th September, 2014
I get frequent compliments on this - often by the same people. One of the lunch ladies at my school came to my table, told me I smelled "intoxicating", and asked what I was wearing. Three sprays easily last all day on my skin. Good stuff.
04th September, 2014
This was the first creed I ever smelled. I think also the first "niche fragrance" I ever smelled. At first I wasn't fond of it. It smells good, but it's still not my favorite personally and I still don't see why people love it so much...however, every time I wear this stuff women stop me, smell me, and ask what I'm wearing that smells so good. I've heard women say "what is that smell?!" start looking around...been told I smell awesome and absolutely amazing. Creed Aventus is hands down the number one fragrance I've owned out of hundreds if I want to get attention. Number one compliment getter. Women absolutely LOVE this stuff.
24th August, 2014
All I can constructively add to the discussion is try layering this bad boy lightly with other fragrances and seek out the close to perfect and much cheaper clones if the price bothers you. 4 out 5 with points deducted for ridic price tag.
09th August, 2014
This is the first time i do a total 180 on a fragrance. My first review was largely negative about this, for some reason i thought it smelled rancid, i have no idea what happened, whether i had a bad sample, or i did overapply which is a possibiliy because this perfume is quite potent and can be nauseating in a way when overapplied.
The fact is i'm now really enjoying this, i'm even considering buying a 75ml bottle, even if i find it a bit overpriced. What strikes me the most in this fragrance is the combination of fruity and smoky, incensy notes;
i love fuity top notes in perfumes, whether it's mandarin, apple, orange, or pinapple, it's fresh, elegant and tasteful.
This one works perfectly, one the top the pinapple is present without being too loud, it then turns into a smokey, incensy charm which i really like, i'm not sure about all the notes in this scent, but i'm pretty sure there's something like mandrake roots in there, there's this dark, bitter note lingering behind the smoke, which adds to the fragrance a mysterious, almost dirty touch.
Because of that I don't think this is something you can wear casually, "the longevity is excellent, and the overall feel of the perfume exudes quality and mastery.
A very good scent.
04th August, 2014 (last edited: 22nd November, 2014)
This cologne is a one of a kind. It's my favourite in my collection. Aventus projects like a beast and definatly smells unique. 10/10 fragrance
03rd August, 2014 (last edited: 05th August, 2014)
Here is the simple truth: it's the best. Women enjoy it. Long lasting. Nuff said.
02nd August, 2014
Genre: Fougère

Let’s get some preliminaries out of the way: 1) I have no idea which batch number my sample came from, and I’m not at all concerned. 2) A fragrance would have to equal vintage Patou pour Homme, Derby, or Feu d’Issey to merit the sort of near-hysterical acclaim that this fragrance enjoys, and I’m sorry, but Aventus isn’t that. Now pardon me while I barricade my doors and windows, and try to write a reasoned review of Creed’s Aventus…

Nice pineapple and cassis top notes give way ever so gradually to a an accord of smoky leather and lightly charred woods that is very slightly sweetened by a discreet clean jasmine note. The structure is really very simple and attractive, but as a fruity fougère set against the likes of Rochas Globe and Creed’s own Green Irish Tweed, I find it by no means overwhelming or original. Tropical fruit over a woody/floral accord has been done before – most successfully in Maître Parfumeur et Gantier’s Bahiana, less so in Polo Sport. Aventus is a heavier, more assertively woody fragrance than either predecessor, with neither the buoyant, beach party attitude that distinguishes Bahiana, nor the chemical "aquatic" features that mar the Ralph Lauren. As befits its overall sobriety, Aventus is also a relatively restrained, polite fragrance, with gently pervasive projection and moderate sillage. It will not jump out and grab you, but neither will it offend. I should mention that Aventus is highly tenacious, clinging to the skin for several hours before it fades into the familiar Creed Ambroxan drydown.

Aventus strikes me as a pleasant, well-mannered, amiable fragrance, and I assume that is why it has won so many adherents. I’m torn between rating it “thumbs up” or “neutral.” On the one hand, Aventus is a solid and enjoyable fragrance. (The incremental transition from fruit to woods is especially well-engineered.) On the other hand, it is neither novel nor terribly exciting, and does not, in my opinion, merit the hyperbole that surrounds it. In the end, I’ll settle for a guarded recommendation.
25th July, 2014
Emoe Show all reviews
After the hype, i had to try some.
I bought a sample, batch unkown, and was quite impressed.
However reading the reviews, 2010 seems to hiy high on many lists.
I bought a bottle and its fairly new batch from lessenseurs in London.
At first application, i wasnt as impressed as before, smelled a little too smoky for my liking, something i never had with previous sample.
However. Once it dried down and settled, i gave me a warm smell, not necessarily old man warm, but warm all the same.
The resulting fragrance is reassuringly masculine, as well as refined and upper class.

That said, its not my favourite Creed, and will spend my money on another of their frags.
19th July, 2014