Positive Reviews of Aventus by Creed

Find out more about Aventus by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sidewinder's avatar

All I can constructively add to the discussion is try layering this bad boy lightly with other fragrances and seek out the close to perfect and much cheaper clones if the price bothers you. 4 out 5 with points deducted for ridic price tag.

09 August, 2014

OneTimeOnePlace's avatar

France France

This is the first time i do a total 180 on a fragrance. My first review was largely negative about this, for some reason i thought it smelled rancid, i have no idea what happened, whether i had a bad sample, or i did overapply which is a possibiliy because this perfume is quite potent and can be obnoxious in a way when overapplied.
    The fact is i'm now really enjoying this, i'm even considering buying a 75ml bottle, even if i find it a bit overpriced. What strikes me the most in this fragrance is the combination of fruity and smoky, incensy notes;
    i love fuity top notes in perfumes, whether it's mandarin, apple, orange, or pinapple, it's fresh, elegant and tasteful.
    This one works perfectly, one the top the pinapple is present without being too loud, it then turns into a smokey, incensy charm which i really like, i'm not sure about all the notes in this scent, but i'm pretty sure there's something like mandrake roots in there, there's this dark, bitter note lingering behind the smoke, which adds to the fragrance a mysterious, almost dirty touch.
    Because of that I don't think this is something you can wear casually, "the longevity is excellent, and the overall feel of the perfume exudes quality and mastery.
    A very good scent.

04 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 August, 2014)

CGR's avatar

This cologne is a one of a kind. It's my favourite in my collection. Aventus projects like a beast and definatly smells unique. 10/10 fragrance

03 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 August, 2014)

Picknenders's avatar

Here is the simple truth: it's the best. Women enjoy it. Long lasting. Nuff said.

02 August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

Let’s get some preliminaries out of the way: 1) I have no idea which batch number my sample came from, and I’m not at all concerned. 2) A fragrance would have to equal vintage Patou pour Homme, Derby, or Feu d’Issey to merit the sort of near-hysterical acclaim that this fragrance enjoys, and I’m sorry, but Aventus isn’t that. Now pardon me while I barricade my doors and windows, and try to write a reasoned review of Creed’s Aventus…

Nice pineapple and cassis top notes give way ever so gradually to a an accord of smoky leather and lightly charred woods that is very slightly sweetened by a discreet clean jasmine note. The structure is really very simple and attractive, but as a fruity fougère set against the likes of Rochas Globe and Creed’s own Green Irish Tweed, I find it by no means overwhelming or original. Tropical fruit over a woody/floral accord has been done before – most successfully in Maître Parfumeur et Gantier’s Bahiana, less so in Polo Sport. Aventus is a heavier, more assertively woody fragrance than either predecessor, with neither the buoyant, beach party attitude that distinguishes Bahiana, nor the chemical "aquatic" features that mar the Ralph Lauren. As befits its overall sobriety, Aventus is also a relatively restrained, polite fragrance, with gently pervasive projection and moderate sillage. It will not jump out and grab you, but neither will it offend. I should mention that Aventus is highly tenacious, clinging to the skin for several hours before it fades into the familiar Creed Ambroxan drydown.

Aventus strikes me as a pleasant, well-mannered, amiable fragrance, and I assume that is why it has won so many adherents. I’m torn between rating it “thumbs up” or “neutral.” On the one hand, Aventus is a solid and enjoyable fragrance. (The incremental transition from fruit to woods is especially well-engineered.) On the other hand, it is neither novel nor terribly exciting, and does not, in my opinion, merit the hyperbole that surrounds it. In the end, I’ll settle for a guarded recommendation.

25 July, 2014

Emoe's avatar

After the hype, i had to try some.
    I bought a sample, batch unkown, and was quite impressed.
    However reading the reviews, 2010 seems to hiy high on many lists.
    I bought a bottle and its fairly new batch from lessenseurs in London.
    At first application, i wasnt as impressed as before, smelled a little too smoky for my liking, something i never had with previous sample.
    However. Once it dried down and settled, i gave me a warm smell, not necessarily old man warm, but warm all the same.
    The resulting fragrance is reassuringly masculine, as well as refined and upper class.

That said, its not my favourite Creed, and will spend my money on another of their frags.

19 July, 2014

sdotlow's avatar

First, it's a bit misleading when you read reviews and hear a lot about the "hype" surrounding this frag. This isn't like Bleu De Chanel (that's not a dig at Bleu FYI), where you can find it on any counter, any where. There's a lot of hype in this community, but this community is rather small in the grand scheme of things.

Now, Aventus. Amazing scent. I'm not a scent guru, capable of breaking down each individual note (yet!). This is hands down the best scent in my growing collection. I sat on a small decant for quite a while, unsure about biting the bullet with all of the talk of batch variation issues. I decided to just buy a bottle online, and am glad I did. The initial burst of pineapple is wonderful, but I can see how some may not like it as much. But it turns into such an amazing fragrance 30 minutes to an hour after applying. It projects very well, but isn't cloying and off putting. It lasts forever on my skin, I can smell it when I wake up in the morning.

It's also quite the head turner, very unique scent I have not smelled before.

I was not sure whether buying such an expensive scent would be worthwhile. Most of my current collection is designer stuff, with a couple creeds (which will be growing shortly!). I now understand why these are priced much higher, and why you can't find much price break on Aventus online. Of course some of this is due to supply and demand, but it's really an amazing scent and worth every penny. I'm already considering grabbing a second bottle to stash away.

My current bottle batch is 2013 Z01.

10/10 - amazing longevity and projection. beautiful scent.

11th July, 2014

rok's avatar

By far the best fragrance I have ever owned. This is a dream fragrance for any man out there. Just a bit on the expensive side.

10th July, 2014

Traveling sales's avatar

Good day folks. Well, I purchased a bottle of Aventus from an online source and just recieved one from the Creed Store in the City. The online fragrence is authentic from what I smell as well as my girlfreind but there is a difference.

The online sample does not last as long or throw out the original pineapple scent as well.

The bottle from Creed does stay stronger longer but both get noticed after three-four hours.

Both have that Aventus authenticity so if saving 130.00 on a 4 oz bottle is crucial they both serve the purpose well.

But, and this test was expensive, getting it from Creed or I am sure authorized retailers does make a difference.

When they settle down both smell great.

The batch and probably the freshness reflect in stronger longer and a few more fruity smells at application.

Would I spend 130.00 more, if I have it hoping 8 ounces keeps me not reaching so deep in my pocket for a while.

30th June, 2014

badboyzinc's avatar

This scent is awesome. I am new to the Creed line and I bought a sample and was blown away by this fragrance. I have never smelled anything that comes close to this fragrance it is unique. My nose is not trained to break down the different notes but what I get from this is a musky, woodsy, masculine fragrance.

20th June, 2014

Tmoran's avatar

I absolutely love this scent. It has so many things going on in it yet it is expertly crafted. It is a scent that just screams confidence. Its masculine yet sensual.

One thing I think needs to be cleared up is that of mont blanc legend smelling like aventus. I saw a review that stated to buy legend because is smells identical and costs a 1/4 of the price. Sorry to burst anyones bubble but aventus and legend are about as closely related as cool water and joop. To say otherwise only shows you either have a broken nose or you havent smelled at least one of the fragrances being discussed. Dont get me wrong. I own legend. I love legend. But aventus is so different on so many levels that I simply cant understand why anyone would draw a parallel between them. Sure if you look at the note pyramid of both fragrances they would appear to have some similarities. But that is where it ends. To draw a conclusion based solely on that is irresponsible and misleading.

Back on point. Aventus is a multifaceted fragrance. It has a dimensional quality to it that others (including legend) simply dont have. It keeps you interested by constantly evolving while never changing at its core. I would like longer longevity but sillage and projection are solid. Longevity I have found can be greatly increased by moisturizing my sandpaper skin.

As for the batch variations. It is a fact that there is differences between batches. And it is noticeable. Those who say they cant smell a difference simply dont have a nose to pickup on the differences. Sure some of those who say they cant smell it have been in the game a long time. But loving football your whole life doesnt mean your ready to play for the seahawks. One thing though is that even with all the batch variations there is a core impression that aventus has that never changes. IMHO the variations keep me interested in the fragrance and actually has me buying more aventus than I would any other fragrance. I have yet to smell a batch I didnt like.

06 May, 2014

Musicman4931's avatar

Good unique fragrance. Bit overpriced but other than that, very good.

06 May, 2014

Braxbrah's avatar

Amazing stuff. Onto my second bottle of this and couldn't be happier. Fresh & sexy, received many compliments wearing this.

23 April, 2014

Adama's avatar

Aventus is definitely a very unique scent.

It opens with both pineapple and a very strong pine note, which tones down quickly as a very sweet leather emerges.

The pineapple and black currant soon dominate to create a very candy-like scent, very sweet and natural smelling.

Soon smoky notes come out, not camp-fire-like as in Lubin Itasca but very subtle, as well as an excellent birch note, which smells just like going up to a tree and taking a whiff of freshly torn, paper-thin bark.

Sweet smoke and wood dominate as it fades, I get zero vanilla.

Aventus was a joy to sample.

I don't think I would ever buy a bottle of it, but it's an excellent fragrance, and it's popularity around here makes more sense to me now. Best scent in the last few years? That's debatable, but I cannot fault anyone for making this a mainstay in their rotation.

17 April, 2014

bugsyiii's avatar

I think this fragrance is a great fragrance, however, it is not to die for. I now own the perfumed oil and recently had the fragrance itself-again, it is a great fragrance but...just that great! As others have mentioned, it give off a nice aroma with the combination of French apples, pineapple, bergamot, patchouli, musk and others however, I'd also put this on the same stage as Royal Oud (another great creation by Creed). I am using this in the winter time, however, not sure what this would be like in summertime...curious though!

24 March, 2014

broguesforsir's avatar

A very, very small amount of this left in my 30ml bottle (batch C42B11Y02, for those that need to know) that I purchased in August 2012.

On me, I experience the following: A sharp pineapple and bergamot opening and a hint of apple. This lasts for a few minutes before the pineapple settles down to a smoother fruit note (but still very much pineapple all the way) while the middle notes with a delicate smoky birch begin to open up. There's definitely some patchouli and rose weaving in and out at this stage, as is listed. The basenotes then combine to give a beautiful, sweet woody depth, while every so often the pineapple cuts through to liven things up. There's not a significant or complex evolution on my skin but for me at least that does not detract from the appeal of this fragrance.

Expertly blended, this fragrance, with very good quality ingredients. It's a 'modern' Creed fragrance that manages to have that almost transparent airy-ness that the good Creeds have but it doesn't suffer from longevity or strength issues despite this. Projection is easily 8 hours on my skin, after which time it is more of a skin scent (Only Himalaya from the other Creeds I have betters this). It's certainly very masculine, though some may find it a little on the younger man- side, as I do occasionally, but it is a fragrance that can reward a sophisticated older gent, too. Smells gorgeous on fabric and lasts on it for days. Equally at home in formal and casual surroundings, it can be worn in all seasons and both day and night but probably a little more suited to daytime wearing.

Mine has probably improved in the bottle with age. I'm not so sure I will be rushing to buy another bottle given the price has increased over time, though. As impressive as this juice is, I'm not so sure it should demand £95 upwards.

23 March, 2014

bettybop's avatar

Dear Lord where do I begin. Basically as a female you should never wear this scent around me. I'd be impervious to whatever you might be saying to me. This scent takes you to a whole new realm. Just a whiff and I'd need to be sitting down. Genius!
    With the price range I'm sure it does the job. I mean you can almost win an argument with me if you're wearing this scent. And it lingers for days too. We have a winner with this one :)

11th March, 2014

paul84's avatar

just finisihing off first bottle of this.......price is a bit of a issue,but guess i got what i paid for:)
    as someone thats only had occasional compliments...couple for bleu,one for rive gauche,,,,had loads for aventus .....and off people i hadnt known.....but just as importantly i love it
    now hopefully i get the same batch for my second bottle:)

07 March, 2014

Conrad01's avatar

I think this fragrances has begun to get the Lebron James treatment (so wildly popular that it is hated) and while I cannot begin to like Lebron james, I do love Aventus. To me this should be though of more as a Michael Jordan/Scotty Pippen hybrid (please forgive the basketball metaphors, I'm already in this deep) expensive, flashy, but worth every penny in results. I think the batch that I have is generally a pretty good one (sometime in 2013) very pineapple-ish and a gorgeous fruit/smoke drydown which I envision as a fresh cut pineapple an the deck watching the forest in all of it's midday splendor. Maybe I am naive to what hides in those smoky shadows, but it has been said that mystery is wonder, and wonder is what makes man want to understand. Aventus gave me that little inkling of comprehensibility to understand.

03 March, 2014

Ryanmmas26's avatar

After 3 wearings this is my new signature scent !!! When I 1st sprayed this I liked it but wasnt completely sold on the fragrance. But WOW did that change ! The initial spray kind of smelled like a mix of bugspray and pinesol but once it started to mesh with my skin chemistry it really became a thing of art. :)

After about 20 mins when it reached the heart I got a pleasant but tart fruity smell to give it sweetness and sensuality, but I detected a spicy and leathery note as well it to give it masculinity and depth. And pretty much it keeps the smell till the drydown to which the drydown is more woody but it still keeps the freshness of the pineapple.When I wear it it just gives me a confident, modern man type of vibe...

And a good story to back up Aventus is that the 1st time I wore this my girlfriend as soon as she came in the door she instantly asked what this was and said I HAD to buy this and now is insisting I wear this for Valentines day...lol

Also an interesting note is I have 30 colognes and this easily is the most complimented ! I was honestly surprised

Strength and Longevity: This isnt a beastly fragrance but it is quite strong and 2 or 3 sprays will last 6-10 hours

Occasion and Season: Any season and occasion maybe with the exception of working out

08 February, 2014

dno101's avatar

An awesome fragrance, when it performs. But when will it perform? No other fragrance I have has a mind of its own. At times i get a gorgeous blend of pineapple and smoke, other times just plain smoke.

Sometimes I smell it and sometimes I don't and as much I enjoy compliments I wear scents for myself first. My bottle is running out I would love to buy another but will it be consistent?

Between the rich masculine smell there is the wildly inconsistent performance, batch variations and the loose bottle cap Creed insist on fitting it with. If this was a car it would surely be a Ferrari. While its thrilling, gets plenty of female attention and costs plenty who knows when it will actually just decide to not perform for no good reason.

14 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 18 December, 2013)

tdwctdwc's avatar

The brilliancy in this is how the birch wood affects the entire composition. Yes the pineapple is there, but i adore the birch effect in this.

Whenever i wear this, i feel like i am sitting beside a remote wooden cabinet located on a mountain, where the air is crystal clean and the breeze is bringing along the smell of birch trees surrounding the area, while i cut myself a nice fresh pineapple and enjoy the scenery.

This deserves all the praise. Period.

24 November, 2013

's avatar

A not-so-gentle giant

Perhaps it's the shrill but enthusing array of citrus notes that draws you in, with a delicate balance of pineapple and a delicious apple note. Or maybe, it's the smoky floral birch background that keeps you intrigued by it's sense of darkness and mysterious. It could be the strength of this monster, it's great projection and longevity, or it's uniqueness, despite it's attempts to both make it wearable as well as deep and complex. When used with care and moderation, it can be a very wearable versatile scent, that could be worn any day, but not everyday (as you may get overwhelmed by it). At it's best, it's magical, and it's worst it's strident and invasive, but at it's core, it's an unforgettable fragrance worth having.

28 October, 2013

's avatar

Worth the money

My new favourite!! I have read so many conflicting reviews that I tried a few samples before I parted with my hard earned cash. At first it was like a punch in the face, but the dry down is so beautiful I just had to have it. Yes it was expensive, but you only need 2 sprays for the entire day and I have bought many other fragrances which cost a third of the price but I have got through in no time due to their poor longevity and projection!

I seldom wear anything else now as it gets compliments by the dozen and you never know when you might run into that girl you want to impress in the grocery store :)

Pros: So many compliments from women
    Cons: You can get used to the scent on yourself very quickly - don't make the mistake of spraying more to compensate!"

14 October, 2013

mister_lance's avatar

Unbelieveable! So many compliments.

I first purchased two samples of this cologne so I could see what all the hype was about. I was taken aback when all of the complicated pleasantries filled my nose for the first time. In fact, I couldn't stop smelling it so I think my nose may be in fatigue mode.

I've worn the sample for about two months, every day and every night. I have received compliments from the ladies on this and I have noticed that some have done double takes. Plenty of smiles, and one lady I met later told me that she initially talked to me because she loved the way I smelled and didn't want to walk away. I have tried all of the other supposed attention-getting colognes, but have never had this much success.

It is the smell of a successful, confident, man. It is also a fresh smell, almost like stepping out of the shower, but not in a soapy way.

Today, I've purchased the 1oz. size and can't wait for it to arrive so I can continue to impress.

Pros: The smell of a successful man has never been portrayed in a scent more accurately.
    Cons: I just wish that it lasted longer"

11th October, 2013

Pros: Complex, well constructed, fragrance.
    Cons: Over use of birch.

Very nice opening – the black current, bergamot, pineapple combination is both fresh and catching but with a hint of artificiality. Of the three, the black current dominates, the bergamot melds, and I don’t really smell very much of the pineapple. What makes the opening special is the light background of resinousness – probably birch, which, as it is here in the opening, it adds character to the accord; however, the light character of birch most often leads to a heavy character of BIRCH TAR which for me is never good. The opening is a beautiful accord and it lasts for an extended time.

With the movement to the middle accord, I meet my fear – the birch note. But in this case there is no humongous dread involved, because this is one is more birch wood than it is my hated birch tar – it is certainly not disgusting, and it might even have been called enjoyable if it didn’t dominate the florals of the middle level to such a great extent – I can’t even get a whiff of rose or jasmine – way too much birch, but this time not repulsive -- just irritating because I’d like to smell the roses.

Okay, the basenotes: I can’t determine quite when the heartnotes stop and the basenotes begin because the birch wood note lasts so long in such a dominant form. At the end of the wait, I get a decent oakmoss and a weak rendition of the Creed ambergris . The drydown is not very potent – just like the rest of the fragrance.

Aventus certainly doesn’t respond well to me, but I can still recognize it as a fine fragrance. Its signature pineapple note is purposefully artifici… errr… abstract; Aventus depends very much on the birch note which to me pushes past the point of annoyance, but since that is my particular aberration, I don't hold too much against it. Aventus does not have a strong projection and I find it short lived unless you count its extended period as a birchy skin scent. I can see where some see it as an excellent fragrance, but I really don’t understand the worship.

07 October, 2013 (Last Edited: 19 December, 2013)

mercutio's avatar

Best blind buy ever

I know I'm starting to sound like I work for Creed, but I assure you, I do not.

If this frag is any indication on the Creed house's future ambitions, I like where it's going. Aventus is a great name for this love potion. I live in Oklahoma and whenever someone asks what I'm wearing, the conversation always falls along the same lines.

"Creed? What, like the band? The band put out a cologne?"

But I digress, I love telling them I'm wearing Creed Aventus. I feel proud. I managed to get my hands on a great batch so I have no longevity/projection issues. Everyone, and I mean everyone; girls, boys, woman, men, grandmas and grandpas all love this stuff. I've never had someone tell me they didn't like it. I don't get the love it or hate it argument.

A word to the wise, though, make sure you check the batch number before you decide to commit.

Pros: Masterful mixture, different from other Creed fragrances
    Cons: Inconsistency between batches. "

07 September, 2013

kharisma92's avatar

JUGGERNAUT!!!

WOW!! I didn't think this scent was the best but because of the overwhelming response that blew away Silver Mountain Water!! This is a fragrance that is unique and last forever! The combination of pineapple and apple combo was absolute genius!

A must try!!

18 August, 2013

Awakening950's avatar

Another winner by Creed

Every fragrance company dreams of creating an Aventus.

07 August, 2013

Jbeaver's avatar

I love it. If you don't, well buy what you DO like!

Like every other scent, if you like it then by all means buy it. I love this scent from the beginning and to the end. The longevity is questionable but we all know this. I have the newest 2013 batch from the Creed Boutique in 17 oz so I have pretty good idea on how it works.

There is a familiar Pineapple scent like the zo1 but I'll have to try longer when not drinking so much, lol.

The smokey touch is strong as it dries but the sweetness continues and will surprise. This is among dozens of scents I have and is by far the most worn and bottles to show.....empty flacon as well. I recently went nuts and bought several bottles so been testing them. I still love the Aventus and would explain why I ordered the 17 oz blindly. No regrets.

If you like other scents, that just shows us that we all like what we like. Smell well my friends.

Pros: smells Great and everyone will tell you.
    Cons: 2013 batch smells like Himalaya....hmmmmm. Price, and if thats the issue go buy fresco and smell like a lemon LOL"

02 August, 2013