Neutral Reviews of Champion by Davidoff

Find out more about Champion by Davidoff in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Foamywax's avatar

Greece Greece

No longevity..
    Tried a sample. It was gone quickly.
    The bottle looks ridiculous.
    Atleast it's made out of glass..

05 April, 2014

blaulicht's avatar

Bottle problem

It think it smells nice and fresh - not more and not less. But the bottle is so silly and looks so tacky that I never ever want to see it in my bathroom next to my other scents.

22 August, 2013

rbaker's avatar

Indeed another lemon and bergamot scent that in the drydown adds some wood; less green than Cool Water but of the same ilk. It is a fresh fragrance, and although synthetic, without much development and a tad boring, it is a plain clean and fresh product. Surprisingly I get over five hours out if it with persistently good silage and projection.

01st July, 2012

hashin's avatar

Davidoff Champion was a blind buy for me. It's kinda operpowering to my nose. But it has good longevity on my skin so I give it 5 out of 10.

26 January, 2012

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Nothing revolutional. Spicy, fresh and quite sharp at the same time. I cannot though point fingers at it and say eew, but I do have to concour that it smells cheap, somewhat reminds me of Boss Bottled Night and to an extent Chanel Bleue wich is more sophisticated than the former mentioned. Champion has a solid longevity and projection, but the scent itself is easily forgettable.

(edit due to lapsus calami)

05 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 21st March, 2013)

Pollux's avatar

Argentina Argentina

A fellow Base Noter noted that this was not as bad as everybody stated so I decided to give it a try. It is true, it is a nice blend, albeit lacking originality: it is a bergamot prominent top note fragrance, this meaning that it is in the same fashion as a kind of blend that became very poular since the 1990's, of which many are still widely available in the market - XS, Himalaya, Allure, Eternity, Brooks Brothers for Men, Safari, O de Lancome for men as well as new ones, like Mont Blanc Legacy, to which we must add the myriad of inexpensive scents released after these ones, like the local Alliance by Carlos Benaim. Of course there are differences between Champion and the rest of the ones in the group, thanks to the availability of modern-day aromachemicals contributing to better projection, longevity and complexity. But, unless you are into details, the overall feeling is that is on the same vein as those we've been smelling for a decade or more.

This leaves me wonder about marketing decision making and perception: in this case, one ends up thinking that what is being offered is a marketing concept rather than a content. Not a bad thing per se, I regard this might be a hit among athletes. As for those looking for information on the product, they might as well look after other less expensive options, for there are plenty of them.

25 May, 2011

Giorgio's avatar

Uruguay Uruguay

It´s true. This is not particularly original or innovative. But it is a fresh, clean fragrance, with a decent longevity. Wearable and better than most offerings in this market segment.

15 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 17 January, 2011)