Reviews of Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne

Find out more about Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

iodine's avatar
    iodine

leafy green

I don't like much reviews starting with "this fragrance smells exactly like this other one", but I'm going to except right now: this fragrance smells almost exactly like the room fragrance Sous Les Feuilles by Esteban!

A fresh, herbaceous, slightly floral opening- tomato stems, sunny citrus, grass and leaves. As usual for me with most fragrances of Atelier Cologne line, the opening is juicy, invigorating, suggestive. In half an hour- count that I'm testing it in a rather hot day, so the evaporation times can be accelerated- a green, sharp, synthetic note makes a solo, to fall then on a rather common woody- ambery base.

A nice, harmless and a bit boring fragrance, impossible for me to wear on skin, after having used for a long time the aforementioned Esteban room fragrance.

16 June, 2013

onaluna's avatar
    onaluna

Sprightly green (more peridot than an emerald, if that makes sense). Citrus rind top note, clover stem, then a whisper of a drydown. Doesn't grab my imagination as much as I thought it would, but it's attractive.

22 February, 2013

heatod's avatar
    heatod

The basil top note is incredibly strong. The first time I wore this I walked into the living room and my girlfriend asked me if I just finished cooking. Well made scent overall but you've been warned. It's a basil bomb!

06 November, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

A zingy opening with bitter orange and slight green notes joined by spices and laying on a restrained mossy/musky base (which is where I also get some basil). Don't expect somethng stunning, but if you're up for a casual easy wear, go ahead. Refined, sober, incredibly pleasant. Quality stuff. Together with Oolang Infini, the most interesting composition by Atelier Cologne.

02 October, 2011

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

There are two aspects to my assessment: the scent itself (good) and the concept/name (misleading). Hence, I have a neutral vote.
    The scent itself is lovely: it is essentially a neroli-moss scent. The orange blossom notes are very well done. They convey orange zest, tree bark, floral notes... everything a person would want. There are mere hints of light herbs and greens. The scent deepens with spice and moss notes. The dry-down is mossy, gentle, classy, and very pleasing. The scent is not particularly original or distinctive, but it is very pleasant.
    However, I feel that the scent has a misleading name. Trefle means clover or shamrock in French. So when I see a scent titled, "Pure Clover" I expect a very green scent, with crunchy-leafy notes. Penhaligon's English Fern has moss and clover, and has that aspect. Diptyque's Eau de Lierre has an ivy note rather than clover but is the best example of the style of scent I feel this name implies. Particularly since Atelier has another orange blossom scent (Grand Neroli) I wonder why the theme is repeated so evidently here.
    In summary, the scent in and of itself is good; however, the name suggest something far greener than what I find.

07 July, 2011 (Last Edited: 14 July, 2011)

Scentologist's avatar
    Scentologist

While Oolong Infini is unique and smells great also, Trefle Pur is the star in this lineup. The orange and neroli sparkles in this composition. Cardamom adds a floral component and the moss mingles with violet and musk. The overall feel of this is a light green musk with decent longevity and sillage. Its not a powerhouse by any means but if your looking for something that is dazzling to wear and you've not been satisfied by the likes of other fresh fragrances, give this a go. This is pure sunshine and happiness!

27 May, 2011