Reviews of Guilty by Gucci

After FLORA i expected another Heavy and Special perfume like GUCCI BY GUCCI or GUCCI EAU DE PARFUM of this great design but perhaps GUILTY is continues the fragrant story of FLORA however i prefer FLORA than this one. Modern, Pleasant,Delightful,Youngish,Simple yet too Expensive.

Nice and Simple are a couple of words that come to mind when I think about GUILTY.instantly optimistic and joyful. beginning of peach and a hint of pink pepper,geranium before the feminine and soft base evoke the airs of a delightful young coquette in front of her mirror.

The delicately sweet scent comes in a lovely and artistic bottle and this is best part GUILTY for me.It is recommended for daytime wear. In my opinion if you are a big fan of GUCCI fragrances or have a lot of remarkable bottle in your dresser GUILTY is your new fragrance.

Longevity?Could be better.

23rd April, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Evidence of fragrance guilt

On my skin this is a generic orangy-peachy syrup with an attempt of adding a bit of peppery counterbalance - very chemical. A brief geranium impression is not unpleasant, but a pretty dull patchouli towards the end is not making things better. Not a catastrophe, but one of many mediocre scents.

23rd October, 2013
I love this and can't get enough of it. Everywhere I go people comment and many already know it is Gucci Guilty. Gucci Intense is awful and lately you have to make sure which one you are really buying.
14th May, 2013

Cheap and generic, cosmethic-like, kind of scent. MEH!

16th February, 2013
It's like this, the packaging is a mansion of gradeur shipped straight from Dubai, and inside is a passive aggressive hillbilly that smells of soggy hay.

I only feel guilty to throw it away because it was a gift.

And I feel guilty if I have to impart this to someone else.
06th December, 2012 (last edited: 15th December, 2012)

Creamy pepper, patchouli, chemical peach-pineapple and sultry synthetism. Thumbs down.
27th April, 2012
Although I hate to say it, I find this fragrance one of the most overrated and over-promoted perfume releases of this year. To be honest, not many of Gucci's female fragrances have managed to impress me, (with Envy Me 2 being the only exception). I had some hope for Guilty, however I find it very bland.

I have no doubt that it will sell well, especially over this Christmas period, but it doesn't strike me as something that those 'naughty girls' or those particularly daring would choose to wear.

To my nose it's mostly sparkling fruits with a touch of spicy pink pepper. It has a pineapple juice quality that turns me off a little, although it's not acidic like pineapple in fragrances often are.

It's pleasant enough, yet incredibly boring, leaving me longing for something with much more depth. Where is that beautiful, earthy and green patchouli note that I so constantly crave in scents these days? There is so much missing from Guilty's composition.

It took me a while to be able to smell this fragrance seeming that it opens so subtly on the skin. It doesn't have much in the way of sillage I'm afraid, nor is the lasting power that of an impressive nature.

The name and the shiny gold bottle just doesn't seem befitting to this scent. It's misleading in the way it has been marketed as something elegant and formal, when it is in fact rather casual. It reminds me a little of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle EDT.

There's not much else I can possibly add to this review. I'm disappointed and truly underwhelmed. It's predictable but pleasant nonetheless.
24th March, 2012
Ugh, how sickening. Seems like an explosion of smells; cloying and soapy. Initially, it seemed pleasant but wow, I really do not like this. Personally, I'm just not a fan of oriental. Sniffed this in a magazine and honestly PH is better.

Mediocre at best, really overpriced.
05th February, 2012
Well I Like it! No it isn't an "in your face" fragrance which so many people seem to think desiarable. Guilty is an understated, feminine, elegant fragrance. I believe less is more when it comes to perfume. You can keep your harsh, heavy, bitter and over the top rubbish. This fragrance has class!
12th December, 2011
Guilty does not even begin to live up to it's name. I agree completely with purplebird7; there is just simply no indulgence going on here to justify "guilt"; neither gourmand or animalic. I found it to be actually very uninteresting. If it is guilty of anything, it is of smelling like something my mother would have worn in the 60's that somehow smelled "old ladyish" to me even then.
19th November, 2011
GUILTY? How about BORING? Having sprayed myself with my entire sample vial, I feel prepared to assert that the only thing Gucci is guilty of in this case is massive dilution. This liquid is so flimsy, vague, and insubstantial that it smells like a hundred other recent light floriental launches. All that glitters is not gold, and all that is "gold" does not glitter.

For a lilac perfume with something to say, I recommend Ineke AFTER MY OWN HEART.
01st October, 2011
Gucci Guilty Recipe: Take two ounces Dolce and Gabanna the One. Subtract Loud lychee and vanilla extract accord. Replace with canned mandarin slices and a light, patchouli floral base.

Guilty? Try innocent. (Unless you mean of being overpriced.)
04th June, 2011
I like this perfume very much. Adore the bottle and the smell. The smell is decent enough for me and it is not so overpowering but still people near me can smell it. Have been wearing it to the office for 2 months and always got compliments on the smell.
Sweet floral with a hint of fruity and for me it's elegant.
02nd March, 2011

Guilty has too much going on. I originally bought it because of the lilac notes, but in the end, they co-mingle with the other notes in a clashing power struggle. This scent physically overwhelms me, and is quite expensive.
12th February, 2011 (last edited: 01st February, 2014)
I keep looking for an amazing perfume by Gucci, and I keep getting disappointed. I liked 2002's cumin, amber and musk monster Gucci Eau de Parfum. Their subsequent attempt at a Chypre (Gucci) flopped IMO. After that I lost faith. It took some courage for me to try another Gucci, and I had hoped for more heft, choosing the scent with the boldest name--Guilty. Alas, I was underwhelmed again. With a name like that, one would hope for something either sexy and animalic or decadent and gourmand. Guilty delivered neither. I can't say I dislike it, nor do I like it. It's pleasant but not groundbreaking.
08th February, 2011
I like Guilty's tender and sweet peach notes, but for me this scent, is so gentle and soft to be considered a Floral/Oriental. The bottle desing is thundering and luxurious that is why I expected a more complex and strong scent.

Guilty is a very light scent, sweet but not amazing..
26th January, 2011
A warm and fuzzy oriental that wears snuggly on a girl who probably just bought her very first Gucci. Nothing complicated here - fruity top, floral heart and oriental base. I don't particularly enjoy the gratingly synthetic fruity accord but on the skin GUILTY swiftly develops into a sweet mildly floral talc.

If you are contented wearing something 'nice and pleasant', I don't think you should feel guilty about wearing this. But I'd feel guilty if I don't highlight a similar but far superior version. It's called Chance, by Chanel.
27th December, 2010
This perfume truly is "warm, typical oriental-floral, with a sultry and pleasant heart commands attention with a striking opening" It is subtle but yet present. It is a sweet smell but then too a deep smell with a tinge of darkness or should I say guilt?

I like it and I guess you got to have the strenght to wear it because Gucci Guilty really is tempting and compelling.

In addition to the base- heart- and topnotes:

Top notes: mandarin and pink pepper
Heart notes: lilac, geranium and peach
Base notes: patchouli and amber
03rd December, 2010 (last edited: 07th December, 2010)