Negative Reviews of Guilty by Gucci

rbaker Show all reviews
Evidence of fragrance guilt

On my skin this is a generic orangy-peachy syrup with an attempt of adding a bit of peppery counterbalance - very chemical. A brief geranium impression is not unpleasant, but a pretty dull patchouli towards the end is not making things better. Not a catastrophe, but one of many mediocre scents.

23rd October, 2013
Cheap and generic, cosmethic-like, kind of scent. MEH!

16th February, 2013
It's like this, the packaging is a mansion of gradeur shipped straight from Dubai, and inside is a passive aggressive hillbilly that smells of soggy hay.

I only feel guilty to throw it away because it was a gift.

And I feel guilty if I have to impart this to someone else.
06th December, 2012 (last edited: 15th December, 2012)

Creamy pepper, patchouli, chemical peach-pineapple and sultry synthetism. Thumbs down.
27th April, 2012
Ugh, how sickening. Seems like an explosion of smells; cloying and soapy. Initially, it seemed pleasant but wow, I really do not like this. Personally, I'm just not a fan of oriental. Sniffed this in a magazine and honestly PH is better.

Mediocre at best, really overpriced.
05th February, 2012
Guilty does not even begin to live up to it's name. I agree completely with purplebird7; there is just simply no indulgence going on here to justify "guilt"; neither gourmand or animalic. I found it to be actually very uninteresting. If it is guilty of anything, it is of smelling like something my mother would have worn in the 60's that somehow smelled "old ladyish" to me even then.
19th November, 2011
GUILTY? How about BORING? Having sprayed myself with my entire sample vial, I feel prepared to assert that the only thing Gucci is guilty of in this case is massive dilution. This liquid is so flimsy, vague, and insubstantial that it smells like a hundred other recent light floriental launches. All that glitters is not gold, and all that is "gold" does not glitter.

For a lilac perfume with something to say, I recommend Ineke AFTER MY OWN HEART.
01st October, 2011
Guilty has too much going on. I originally bought it because of the lilac notes, but in the end, they co-mingle with the other notes in a clashing power struggle. This scent physically overwhelms me, and is quite expensive.
12th February, 2011 (last edited: 01st February, 2014)