Neutral Reviews of Guilty by Gucci

Find out more about Guilty by Gucci in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Although I hate to say it, I find this fragrance one of the most overrated and over-promoted perfume releases of this year. To be honest, not many of Gucci's female fragrances have managed to impress me, (with Envy Me 2 being the only exception). I had some hope for Guilty, however I find it very bland.

I have no doubt that it will sell well, especially over this Christmas period, but it doesn't strike me as something that those 'naughty girls' or those particularly daring would choose to wear.

To my nose it's mostly sparkling fruits with a touch of spicy pink pepper. It has a pineapple juice quality that turns me off a little, although it's not acidic like pineapple in fragrances often are.

It's pleasant enough, yet incredibly boring, leaving me longing for something with much more depth. Where is that beautiful, earthy and green patchouli note that I so constantly crave in scents these days? There is so much missing from Guilty's composition.

It took me a while to be able to smell this fragrance seeming that it opens so subtly on the skin. It doesn't have much in the way of sillage I'm afraid, nor is the lasting power that of an impressive nature.

The name and the shiny gold bottle just doesn't seem befitting to this scent. It's misleading in the way it has been marketed as something elegant and formal, when it is in fact rather casual. It reminds me a little of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle EDT.

There's not much else I can possibly add to this review. I'm disappointed and truly underwhelmed. It's predictable but pleasant nonetheless.

24 March, 2012

Aredore's avatar
    Aredore

Gucci Guilty Recipe: Take two ounces Dolce and Gabanna the One. Subtract Loud lychee and vanilla extract accord. Replace with canned mandarin slices and a light, patchouli floral base.

Guilty? Try innocent. (Unless you mean of being overpriced.)

04 June, 2011

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

I keep looking for an amazing perfume by Gucci, and I keep getting disappointed. I liked 2002's cumin, amber and musk monster Gucci Eau de Parfum. Their subsequent attempt at a Chypre (Gucci) flopped IMO. After that I lost faith. It took some courage for me to try another Gucci, and I had hoped for more heft, choosing the scent with the boldest name--Guilty. Alas, I was underwhelmed again. With a name like that, one would hope for something either sexy and animalic or decadent and gourmand. Guilty delivered neither. I can't say I dislike it, nor do I like it. It's pleasant but not groundbreaking.

08 February, 2011

lady love's avatar
    lady love
    Argentina Argentina

I like Guilty's tender and sweet peach notes, but for me this scent, is so gentle and soft to be considered a Floral/Oriental. The bottle desing is thundering and luxurious that is why I expected a more complex and strong scent.

Guilty is a very light scent, sweet but not amazing..

26 January, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

A warm and fuzzy oriental that wears snuggly on a girl who probably just bought her very first Gucci. Nothing complicated here - fruity top, floral heart and oriental base. I don't particularly enjoy the gratingly synthetic fruity accord but on the skin GUILTY swiftly develops into a sweet mildly floral talc.

If you are contented wearing something 'nice and pleasant', I don't think you should feel guilty about wearing this. But I'd feel guilty if I don't highlight a similar but far superior version. It's called Chance, by Chanel.

27 December, 2010