Reviews of Lady Gaga Fame by Lady Gaga

Fame is not as ground-breaking as I had hoped with its black colour and unique bottle. In the end, it's just a middle-of-the road gourmand scent that had now trickled its way down from Nordstrom to Walmart. The 50 ml bottle can now be bought on eBay for $8.00.

It's not a bad scent, but it's not anything that jumps out and demands a second wearing.

Lady Gaga's second endeavour with Eau de Gaga in 2014 was a much better fragrance.

Buy Fame it for the bottle.
22nd February, 2015
I get what you are saying about the grape gum scent but I only smell that when I first spray it. Once it is on my skin, the grape smell disappears. I have been wearing it everyday for two weeks now. I wish it lasted a little longer. After two hours it starts to smell kinda of waxy on me. Like when I light one of my room tarts one too many times. That eventually goes away and it just smells sort of clean which isn't really the best way to describe it? I don't hate it. I would not buy this again unless it was a really good deal.
11th December, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
This scent packs a lot together from the start. Sweet incense with a honeyed fruitiness, which develops into an overtly synthetic mixed-floral phase a jasmine undertone. This mishmash cluster sounds worse than it actually turns out on my skin, and is neither unbearably sweet nor overly syrupy. Good silage and very good projection combine with five hours of longevity. Whilst not really on the positive-score level, it displays some fun-frivolity and is really not bad.
29th July, 2014

What to say?...Well, first of all i wish to put under the radar the unique element i fully appreciate about this juice (just inhaling it at distance otherwise the cloying effect becomes dominant)...namely....it smells in the background about acid/sweet sweat of woman.....this element is undeniably erotic to me with its sweaty pungent salty/sweet and vaguely acid/greasy hardly describable spark. This is granted about the background in accordance with my personal perception. Second element.... the fragrance is alluring for sure but in a cloying and synthetic "new-age" way (anyway thank God in a less intense level of "plasticity" in comparison with its "similar" violent twins around as for instance the new monstrous Cavalli Nero Assoluto). What does this fragrance smell like? Mostly about a cosmetic violet/orchid/apricot/orange pungent combo, something like an oppressive violet (not listed-i don't know what the Belladonna smells like), something berrish/plummy type (a la Black XS for her) as an overshadowy fruity patchouli vaguely vanillic and fortunately just gassy in a moderate way. The orchid (a complicated flower to be implemented in perfumery) dominates i suppose on the side of the Belladonna over a barely detectable sambac jasmine. I don't dislike the usage of saffron in combination with synthetic olibanum both slightly prickly and barely "aeriform" till the end of the trip. The synthetic honey is never properly "honeyed" in a classic natural (old-school) way and we keep just its cosmetic sticky vibe which is never soapy and realistic but vaguely fat and acid. Hyper fruity dark aroma, too much aggressively floral yet. I miss the musk, the oakmoss, a realistic woodiness, some earthiness, all absent elements from a blend which with we just perceive an artificial sort of penetrating potion (possibly) destined to be a commercial crack but surely being a transparent fake in the universe of the rare olfactory artistry. Glamour and sophisticated in a way that the new world demands.
14th November, 2013 (last edited: 26th September, 2014)
14th November, 2013 (last edited: 26th September, 2014)
Very much a different fragrance on different people. I advise a full day test on your skin before deciding. As a linen or room spray, I like it but I did not get the full development that I did on my skin.

For me, it starts with the floral and incense, then unfolds into the honey and apricot several hours later. I don't get the cloying sensation with it even though it's fruity. Fresh, ripe apricot is a gamey, musky fruit to eat while still sun-warm and that impression comes through very well for me but it did not turn heavy or overly sweet. It lasts 8 hours on my skin. I think this is one where re-spraying wouldn't smell so good after the honey has developed, it might clash with itself. I often think that about certain fragrances though...

Not everyone has a good experience with this. A couple of my friends tested it with me on a day we spent together so we could compare as the hours went by. It smelled quite different on them, both at the start and later as we compared together. They liked it very much on me but unfortunately not at all on themselves. I did not care for it on them either. It faded very early on one with just fruit but no honey coming through and sadly, it turned slightly sharp and skunky on the other.

I bought mine at Dillard's when it first released but just lately I saw it at Walmart, which amused me a bit.
But only a bit.
13th November, 2013 (last edited: 09th December, 2013)
After an opening that suggests something interesting may develop, it doesn't. Later, the smell recalls a tween with freshly washed hair who is chewing grape bubble-gum and texting about boys. The black juice in the sinster bottle ought to be viewed from a distance. Just don't open it.
14th May, 2013
Thank god perfume has the capacity to reveal truths that current mass media cannot. If you were to believe the visual imagery, the music, the PR, you’d assume that Justin Bieber was the tween idol and Gaga was the Edgy Artist who Will Not be Restrained ©. But Bieber’s perfume, with its stagnant topnotes becomes a kool aid made with non-potable water and has at least some edge.

Gaga’s scentscape of the mall shows that she’s the true tween queen. The shock appeal of stunts like the meat dress and Drastic Fashion is transformed in this perfume into the shockingly banal. Fame is a cloying, simple fruit soup. It rides a tight line between the dual sensibilities of 1) yet another faceless vapid floriberry, and, 2) worse.

Born this way? Reductionist, but that’s where the pendulum has swung and I get it. Smell this way? Good lord, no.
30th November, 2012
i have this perfume and i love it the smell is delightfull it is my favorite perfume ever
17th November, 2012
Fruity punch that smells cheap and generic.

Nice bottle and story behind the black fluid.

Come on Gaga, you can do better...

Because I Love You; I shall give you Thumbs up; but please, next time think of all of your audience, not just the young fruity crowd!

20th October, 2012 (last edited: 14th January, 2013)
Jeszra Show all reviews
Incense and so syrupy sweet I can't really detect any flower.
13th October, 2012
Underwhelming, even for a celebrity scent.
12th October, 2012
For all her avant garde fashion sense, this fragrance is shockingly middle of the road. I remember Gaga saying in an early press release this would be "blood/sweat/semen", then that was later changed to "cheap hooker" (and all that entails ). What I got when I sampled this at the fragrance counter was "that huge felt strawberry-shaped air freshener you buy from the car wash or the 7-11." It's that cheap and that linear.
08th October, 2012

I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga (nothing against her, just never got into her), but I really like this perfume. I just have a sample but I'm considering purchasing a bottle. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I asked the SA to recommend a perfume that projects "I'm the b*tch in charge" and this was what she pointed me to. It's actually very soft and sensual. The top notes are fruity, soft, and creamy. It dries down to a subdued oriental with apricot still in there and something warm and spicy underneath it. It's subtle and sheer but interesting enough to be enjoyable to wear. Low sillage and low to moderate staying power make this a great choice for the wearer who wears perfume for her own pleasure.
25th September, 2012
CoL Show all reviews
This is much more than your average Coty celeb fragrance. I do believe it even has some natural content. It starts all fruity (Apricot) then gets deeper and deeper and becomes alluring. This is where the insence comes in. Very clever! Just remember that even though the it states on the box that its sprays clear, any colour will spray clear! This perfume DOES leave a little colour on your skin if applied too closely. I have found the finer the misting and from a good distance seems to allow it become clear or it's much more thinly distributed. I'm on my 5th 100ml bottle!!
21st September, 2012
Sexy apricot and honey, smells Lutensian to me, above-average sillage and longevity.
14th September, 2012 (last edited: 22nd May, 2014)
In her interview on GMA she says that she wanted the smell to be "slutty" and in the same breath says it reminds her of her mom.

rrriiiiigggghhhhtttt......

I smelled it, it's okay, a little pedestrian.

I think that Thierry Muglers "womanity" would have been more fitting for her both in smell and image.
14th September, 2012
Appearances are very deceiving with this frag. Very soft and light, sweet but not overly sweet. I found that on initial spray it stayed purplish on my skin a few minutes.
07th September, 2012
Opens with church social fruit punch, air freshener, melted popsicles; stickiness pervades. One hour in: some fine Body Shop type musk emerges but is quickly elbowed out by an overall impression of sourness--rich and deep smelling but somehow cheap, rubbery. And not even the fun kind of cheap, not skanky, but apologetic and budget. An artificial jasmine note stands out similar to the dominant one in Alien. There is at least some progression if I really pay attention and put my nose directly to the skin, but from any farther away and after ten minutes, Fame reads fairly linear. Is there really any truth to this push pull technology beyond the natural variation most any perfume goes through on any skin? I see and smell nothing exceptional.

Just before the base there's a wine and cigarettes vibe, which would have worked well with Gaga's image had it been better executed. Instead it's Manischewitz kosher wine above all. No real incense impressions after two wears and repeated sniffs of a card, only musk-smokey cigarette ash smell from paper and a bit of overheated electronics cords on skin, the latter could have been near-CDG compelling if had been amped up 10x (not even hyperbole; it's that faint). Once the interest of the failed incense passes, Fame becomes a bit annoying in its chemical soupiness. I had to scrub each time after three hours, but the scent had already mostly gone anyway.

Reminiscent of: a very weak, very bad knockoff of Cacharel's Loulou (which is an underrated masterpeice that I hate to disgrace by even comparing with lame Fame), a quiet Catholic school rebel version of Elizabeth Taylor's Passion (which I like better because it's at least intense), and in (in)substantiality: Coty's other scents made for two women Gaga's age: the Mary-Kate and Ashley perfumes. An uninvolved perfume SA commented "smells like cheap Juicy Couture velour." Almost velvety but more velour.

Overall rating: 1/10 for the opening ... 5/10 for the drydown = 3/10

I'd much sooner buy Madonna's Truth or Dare instead: rubbery, musky, and white floral too but actually sexy! No pun-comparison of the actual celebrities intended.
04th September, 2012
I really like this scent but only after its been on me for a couple of hours. I wish it lasted longer.
03rd September, 2012
A dark hypnotic floral/fruit mystery that continued to unfold on my skin for hours, opening to a smoky, wood/incense accord with a strange coppery note running through it the whole time. I enjoyed it and found it complex, intriguing, most definitely unisex, especially in its black heart. Will purchase for sure. This is no Justin Bieber... Don't count this one as just another celebrity fragrance. It's the real deal!
09th August, 2012 (last edited: 14th August, 2012)