Neutral Reviews of Lady Gaga Fame by Lady Gaga

Find out more about Lady Gaga Fame by Lady Gaga in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Captain's avatar
    Captain

I'm glad it's not semen and blood, personally. Heh. I tried this at Target and while it has a slight bit of unbalancedness, too much fruit I'm thinking, it smelled nice. Fruit, incense and honey mostly. And, honestly, not like other celeb perfumes I've tried. It's not a sugary mess, that's something.

12 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 March, 2014)

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

What to say?...Well, first of all i wish to put under the radar the unique element i fully appreciate about this juice (just inhaling it at distance otherwise the cloying effect becomes dominant)...namely....it smells in the background about acid/sweet sweat of woman.....this element is undeniably erotic to me with its sweaty pungent salty/sweet and vaguely acid/greasy hardly describable spark. This is granted about the background in accordance with my personal perception. Second element.... the fragrance is alluring for sure but in a cloying and synthetic "new-age" way (anyway thank God in a less intense level of "plasticity" in comparison with its "similar" violent twins around as for instance the new monstrous Cavalli Nero Assoluto). What this fragrance smells like? Mostly about a cosmetic violet/orchid/apricot/orange pungent combo, something like an oppressive violet (not listed-i don't know what the Belladonna smells like), something berrish/plummy type (a la Black XS for her) as an overshadowy fruity patchouli vaguely vanillic and fortunately just gassy in a moderate way. The orchid (a complicated flower to be implemented in perfumery) dominates i suppose on the side of the Belladonna over a barely detectable sambac jasmine. I don't dislike the usage of saffron in combination with synthetic olibanum both slightly prickly and barely "aeriform" till the end of the trip. The synthetic honey is never properly "honeyed" in a classic natural (old-school) way and we keep just its cosmetic sticky vibe which is never soapy and realistic but vaguely fat and acid. Hyper fruity dark aroma, too much aggressively floral yet. I miss the musk, the oakmoss, a realistic woodiness, some earthiness, all absent elements from a blend which with we just perceive an artificial sort of penetrating potion (possibly) destined to be a commercial crack but surely being a transparent fake in the universe of the rare olfactory artistry. Glamour and sophisticated in a way that the new world demands.

14 November, 2013

walkdogg's avatar
    walkdogg

In her interview on GMA she says that she wanted the smell to be "slutty" and in the same breath says it reminds her of her mom.

rrriiiiigggghhhhtttt......

I smelled it, it's okay, a little pedestrian.

I think that Thierry Muglers "womanity" would have been more fitting for her both in smell and image.

14 September, 2012

Alisa127's avatar
    Alisa127

I really like this scent but only after its been on me for a couple of hours. I wish it lasted longer.

03 September, 2012