Neutral Reviews of Lady Gaga Fame by Lady Gaga

Fame is not as ground-breaking as I had hoped with its black colour and unique bottle. In the end, it's just a middle-of-the road gourmand scent that had now trickled its way down from Nordstrom to Walmart. The 50 ml bottle can now be bought on eBay for $8.00.

It's not a bad scent, but it's not anything that jumps out and demands a second wearing.

Lady Gaga's second endeavour with Eau de Gaga in 2014 was a much better fragrance.

Buy Fame it for the bottle.
22nd February, 2015
I get what you are saying about the grape gum scent but I only smell that when I first spray it. Once it is on my skin, the grape smell disappears. I have been wearing it everyday for two weeks now. I wish it lasted a little longer. After two hours it starts to smell kinda of waxy on me. Like when I light one of my room tarts one too many times. That eventually goes away and it just smells sort of clean which isn't really the best way to describe it? I don't hate it. I would not buy this again unless it was a really good deal.
11th December, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
This scent packs a lot together from the start. Sweet incense with a honeyed fruitiness, which develops into an overtly synthetic mixed-floral phase a jasmine undertone. This mishmash cluster sounds worse than it actually turns out on my skin, and is neither unbearably sweet nor overly syrupy. Good silage and very good projection combine with five hours of longevity. Whilst not really on the positive-score level, it displays some fun-frivolity and is really not bad.
29th July, 2014

What to say?...Well, first of all i wish to put under the radar the unique element i fully appreciate about this juice (just inhaling it at distance otherwise the cloying effect becomes dominant)...namely....it smells in the background about acid/sweet sweat of woman.....this element is undeniably erotic to me with its sweaty pungent salty/sweet and vaguely acid/greasy hardly describable spark. This is granted about the background in accordance with my personal perception. Second element.... the fragrance is alluring for sure but in a cloying and synthetic "new-age" way (anyway thank God in a less intense level of "plasticity" in comparison with its "similar" violent twins around as for instance the new monstrous Cavalli Nero Assoluto). What does this fragrance smell like? Mostly about a cosmetic violet/orchid/apricot/orange pungent combo, something like an oppressive violet (not listed-i don't know what the Belladonna smells like), something berrish/plummy type (a la Black XS for her) as an overshadowy fruity patchouli vaguely vanillic and fortunately just gassy in a moderate way. The orchid (a complicated flower to be implemented in perfumery) dominates i suppose on the side of the Belladonna over a barely detectable sambac jasmine. I don't dislike the usage of saffron in combination with synthetic olibanum both slightly prickly and barely "aeriform" till the end of the trip. The synthetic honey is never properly "honeyed" in a classic natural (old-school) way and we keep just its cosmetic sticky vibe which is never soapy and realistic but vaguely fat and acid. Hyper fruity dark aroma, too much aggressively floral yet. I miss the musk, the oakmoss, a realistic woodiness, some earthiness, all absent elements from a blend which with we just perceive an artificial sort of penetrating potion (possibly) destined to be a commercial crack but surely being a transparent fake in the universe of the rare olfactory artistry. Glamour and sophisticated in a way that the new world demands.
14th November, 2013 (last edited: 26th September, 2014)
14th November, 2013 (last edited: 26th September, 2014)
In her interview on GMA she says that she wanted the smell to be "slutty" and in the same breath says it reminds her of her mom.

rrriiiiigggghhhhtttt......

I smelled it, it's okay, a little pedestrian.

I think that Thierry Muglers "womanity" would have been more fitting for her both in smell and image.
14th September, 2012
I really like this scent but only after its been on me for a couple of hours. I wish it lasted longer.
03rd September, 2012