Negative Reviews of Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons

CdG WW was supposed to be the ultimate wood fragrance. I must admit I’m a bit disappointed by it given all the hype (and price).

I detect 3 basic wood notes: Cashmeran, Cedar (Iso-E Super) & Black Pepper. The first blast of WW yields the blur of Cashmeran. Cashmeran smells like soft powdery wood. I find the Cashmeran dominates throughout the life of WW. I guess I’m not much of fan of the Cashmeran note. I also get Black Pepper (light) and Cedar (moderate) which seems pretty common place in men’s frags. And that’s basically where WW ends for me. Oud? Sandalwood? Vetiver? Incense? Not to my nose. I’m content to get my “Wonderwood” fix with CdG 2 Man.

12th January, 2017
As a few people have said, underwhelming and non-memorable.
No doubting the cleverness thats gone into the production, but I wish that my wife had asked me before wrapping it for Christmas! Furthermore,try as I may, I cant detect any vetiver.
11th April, 2013
First time i'd liked this fragrance, but some time later i found it to be synthetic fragrance with some bad note maybe it was black pepper that blown me away from total love of this scent. Not worth the money.
24th May, 2012