Reviews of Dead Sexy No. 06 by Tokyo Milk

Find out more about Dead Sexy No. 06 by Tokyo Milk in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

The opening is of dark, peppery woods, joined after a few minutes by a smoky vanilla. Over the first hour or so, the mid phase seems a little flat & unexciting, until a soft orchid note comes into play, giving more dimension to the scent. lt dries down to a soft, smoky, woody floral, fading after around four hours.
    l think l would like this a lot more if it had more heft, but the projection is frustratingly low, even after applying 6-7 sprays. l will need to try it again in hot weather to see if that helps.

13 June, 2012

scentsearcher's avatar
    scentsearcher

I agree with the rater above...this fragrance has nothing going for it. No staying power at all. So, I couldn't even detect any scent of vanilla or anything. Such a waste. I had read great things about it. Even wondered if I got an old bottle or something. Who knows? Not taking a chance on the other items in the line.

01st April, 2012

tonileefiore's avatar
    tonileefiore

Recently purchased a full bottle of Dead Sexy No. 06 after buying a few Tokyo Milk samples from The Perfumed Court (Dead Sexy wasn't one of them) and thinking they were okay (haven't worn all of them yet, haven't reviewed them yet). Based on the samples, I decided to give the current MOST POPULAR Tokyo Milk fragrance a try because I found a good price on a 30 ml bottle on eBay.

Uhhh...I guess this is an okay concoction but definitely something that is NOT at all for me. Folks on other fragrance review sites rave about this stuff. I do not want to sound offensive but I imagine this might be an alright fragrance for the under 25 yr old crowd. Given that, I absolutely cannot see this scent being worn or enjoyed by an older, more mature person with a keen nose for fine fragrances & aromas. This is definitely not what I would consider to be a mature, complex or unusual fragrance. And Dead Sexy???? Uhhhh, no. Not by my definition of sexy-smile.

The opening notes are pleasant enough; to my nose the fragrance is non-complex and pretty linear with a strong opening of wood (ebony, I guess) and lots of sweet vanilla...perhaps a bit of spice (pepper, cinnamon). Unfortunately, as the scent morphs and changes (which it does ever so slightly), the initial heady, rather sweet, resinous scent becomes dull and sorta dies (at least it did so on my skin). What I was left with was a powdery aroma that smelled like a 10 year old wooden table that had some leftover vanilla & milk (cream) spilled onto it. After a half hour or so, the fragrance turned kinda sour one me, almost smelling rancid.

I am not a fragrance snob by any means but this potion is just a no-go on so many levels. Primarily, Dead Sexy has zero complexity to it, no staying power, zero sillage, few interesting notes (if any) and nothing outstanding or unique to speak of.
    Good news is because the longevity is nonexistent, the entire experience faded away within an hour and a half or less...

Well, $28.00 lost, which is okay...this one is going into an "Autumn Care Package" I am preparing for my 18 year old niece, who is a freshman in college. Perhaps she will enjoy it. Definitely not a keeper for me.

25 October, 2011