Reviews

Reviews of Meehan Bay Rhum by Bonny Doon Farm

Tried the bay rum soap first and was greatly impressed. So I figured I would try the aftershave. Wow! The smell and longevity are amazing. I've tried other bay rums out there but they all were annoyingly cloying and reeked of the spicy "teen scent" I was trying to avoid. Not Meehan's. Some people, not here, complain that it doesn't last long but I beg to differ. It has a subtle, discreet aroma that revitalizes itself if you splash some water on it. I describe it as a clean band-aid smell, with a touch of clove, butterscotch and bay leaf.

I've gotten many compliments already. I tend to attract crowds when I'm on public transportation. I see them craning their heads, slightly smiling, trying to figure out the fragrance. I love it! I'm not telling. Plus the fact that I can get 4 oz. for under $40 is even more awesome. Way to go Meehan's!
08th April, 2013
jread Show all reviews
Had very high hopes for this one as I love Bay Rum scents, and after all of the rave reviews I was very excited to try it. Unfortunately, it was a huge letdown. I find the scent butterscotch-ish and quite nauseating right out if the bottle. On dry down it got better, but it has none of the spiciness I associate with bay rums. To add insult to injury, it has absolutely zero projection and no staying power, lasting only about two hours until it completely vanishes. Truly one of the biggest letdowns ever for me. I really wanted to love this one, but I absolutely cannot stand it.
24th October, 2012
Far and away my favorite Bay rum. Spicy, buttery and balanced. Lasts a surprisingly long time too. I can still detect it at the end of the day.
08th October, 2012

A great hand made bay rum. It goes on with just the right amount of burn, and lasts for the better part of the day. Great for weekends by the pool.
16th July, 2012
An excellent bay rum . Lasts longer than most. I have the splash but prefer to spray it on. Made from all natural ingredients and smells like it. Does not have overbearing clove note like some bay rums. Balanced and natural
11th December, 2010