Reviews of CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Find out more about CH Men by Carolina Herrera in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Dmotron's avatar

Smells just like new leather couch. Swede leather with some sweetness...nothing like Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford but this one is good. Last a while (surprised me because I heard it was weak and people smelt it on me afar from 3 sprays for the whole 8 hours) so that is a plus but this one can easily become cloying and it has on me quite a bit. Linear as the Swede leather is pretty much the whole theme.

27 June, 2014

silentrich's avatar

Hit's all the right notes.

When I first sprayed this fragrance I immediately got some of the "CH Chic", but CH Men adds a greener note along with a bit of spiceness that really makes it much smoother than CH Chic. After the opening it turns into it's own fragrance and you get the delicious sugar note that isn't too sweet. Later on the leather comes in and that's when you get the full effect of CH Men. It takes the generic and makes it into something interesting. Really surprised that CH Men doesn't get talked about more. This is a really good designer fragrance right up there if not better than the Chanel's and Dior's.

Pros: Universally appealing, compliment getter, really nice blending and tempering of the sweet notes
    Cons: Not owning a bottle.

07 July, 2013

JorgeCouto's avatar

My number ONE!

My favourite perfume ever!

Pros: All
    Cons: Nothing

28 May, 2013

's avatar

This is more mature and formal than 212 VIP. Both them share a high level of sweetness, though this one has weaker lasting power and projection than 212. Worth it? It's a good scent and if you find it at a good price, dont think, just buy.

20th November, 2012

AminAlonso's avatar

I went through 2 bottles of this one, my mom brought it for me when I had no idea about it, and I absolutely loved it. The opening is as great as the dry down, so smooth and classy, the sugar note is so balanced in this fragrance, I actually wear it when I'm going out on a date! It works haha

12 October, 2012

Buysblind's avatar

Nice fragrance with a very interesting "sugar" note that dominates the beginning. Slightly spicy, to me, CH Men smells a lot like the sweet sap you may find when cutting open a pine tree. This gives it a fresh air that allows the sugar to breathe without becoming cloying. Leather and woods in the base round it out, making CH Men a smooth fragrance that's a great option for a night out (though not out of place during the day.) I would recommend CH Men for any season except the summer. Longevity is decent and projection is on the stronger side of average. I find this one pretty unique, in that I don't own any other perfumes with such a pronounced and well-done sugar note. Definitely worth sniffing out.

20th September, 2012

psychoskip's avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed this fragrance. I don't see how one could not like it. A perfect mix of all the good things a man could want, with a slightly sweet overtone. My girlfriend loved it.

28 August, 2012

m_uberaba's avatar

I Love this fragrance. Not revolucionary, igree, but make me feel so good when i wear this scent. And this is the primary function of a fragrance.

22 June, 2012

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

When I sprayed it to my wrist and then sniffed it, ....... hmmmmm it's so familiar to my nose.
    Let me think .......... oh yes. Smell like YSL La Nuit De L'Homme but not as great as La Nuit!
    Just like La nuit, start with mixture of vanilla and citrus. But vanilla here is not dark and pleasant like La Nuit! It's weaker.
    The smell of this fragrance is really good and reminds me of La Nuit in many ways which is one of my favorite fragrances but If you like this kind of smell go for YSL La Nuit De L'Homme.
    Believe me guys. YSL is much better.

03 December, 2011

To me personally, CH is interesting because it does so many things that I disagree with, and yet, somehow, it turns out all right. First it is highly synthetic, which to me usually means that it smells cheap; but its synthetic ambiance actually smells quite nice. Second, it has violet, suede, and saffron – three notes that I strongly dislike: Even though these three notes form the dominant accord that I smell, I am not turned off by that accord – I find it rather pleasant, and I wonder how Carolina did that. Third, it’s quite linear, which can be either good or bad, depending on the quality of the linear accord: Here I neither enjoy nor dislike the linearity.

I can’t really analyze the notes and structure of CH because I mostly smell only the three notes already mentioned, and the smell doesn’t change much from beginning to end. Besides saffron, violet, and suede, I get vanilla… I get no jasmine, grass, or sandalwood.

I should be giving this one a thumbs down, but it’s a better fragrance than that.

09 January, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

Spicy, woodsy, leathery... and notes of florals. Just fantastic! A combination of oriental style accords (amber & vanilla) and fougere like in structure. CH Men makes for a rather unique scent. Similar to Guuci pour Homme II with a black tea spiciness combined with violet and like John Varvatos' vanilla and leather..

04 December, 2010