Positive Reviews of Sublime Vanille by Creed

Aptly named, Creed's Sublime Vanille is a subtle vanilla scent that is dominated by the eponymous note but has contributions from tonka, musk, and lemon.

I rarely think of vanilla fragrances as having warm-weather applicability, but this is certainly an exception, striking me immediately as being able to be worn year-round. It leans casual but is sophisticated enough to be worn out at night, as well, though I imagine many men would find it too feminine.

I liken it to Dame Perfumery's Black Flower Mexican Vanilla, though that is characterized by more of a mix with floral notes that Sublime Vanille does not incorporate.

Being on the more exclusive / expensive end of Creed, Sublime Vanille will only offend in its price, so if price were object, this would be a must-buy, but otherwise, I'd simply insist that fans of vanilla try this one out, as it should not disappoint.

8 out of 10
25th June, 2015
This is my favorite fragrance of all time. It smells like pure Vanilla, with a small hint of Lemon. It does NOT smell like Lemon cream pie. (Less like Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, More like a bottle of Vanilla extract) It literally smells like pure Vanilla. Then, it takes on a lemony citrus smell (A light one) and dries down into a scent that smells like a sugar cookie to me. If you ask me, this is Vanilla done perfectly. Common gripes with this fragrance, are that it is overly simplistic, And it is. If you want a sexy, boozy, intense, and complex Vanilla fragrance, this isn't for you. This is for someone who likes Vanilla for Vanilla's sake, and wants a tad of lemon in it. It is a combination of Vanilla Bourbon (Not very boozy smelling though) Tahitian Vanilla, Tonka bean, Calabrian Lemon, Bergamot and Musk. The Citrus in here is always behind the Vanilla though. It does not necessarily combine with the Vanilla, just compliments it from the background. Vanilla is my first favorite note, so I adore this perfume! I wish I still had my bottle. retails for $710 for the flacon, and about $250 for the 1.oz sprayer. I would have opted for the bigger one, if I had the money when I went to Neiman Marcus. Definitely try this.
07th April, 2015
In my opinion, Sublime Vanille is one of the underrated fragrances from the Royal Exclusives line from Creed. The scent itself consists of a very simple note breakdown of vanilla and citrus/lemons. Linear and very little complexity, almost smelling nearly the same from start to finish. The opening consists of vanilla with hints of citrus and lemons which remain throughout the life of the scent. In time all of these notes will fade to an extent while a hint of musk creeps into the front. Depending on application, I got anywhere between 4-6 hours of longevity. Silage is below average with the exception of the first hour which was moderate. I think this scent is versatile enough to be worn casually and many occasions. It's a pleasing scent but it may be difficult to smell due to poor silage. A very simple take on a vanilla based fragrance which I think was done exceptionally well.
01st March, 2015

I love this scent light and lovely. Hint of citrus, the tonka bean keeps the vanilla from turning to sweet and smelling like a cookie. Minimalist scent not for someone who likes complex scents.
24th February, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
A very gentle high-quality vanilla is the backbone of this scent, with a restrained citrus note more in the drydown that gradually fades over time. Elegant but little projection and silage; good for work for that reason and never really sweet or cloying. Respectable longevity on me of about three hours very close to the skin.
16th November, 2012
I'm finally getting the Royal Exclusives line. I sampled Sublime Vanille when it was released and thought it was nice but not bottle worthy. I re-sampled after nearly 2 years and I'm blown away. I had the exact same experience with S&W. These are simple fragrances and have "familiar" vibe to them. SV opens with a beautiful lemon note. Creed lists Lemon as a basenote but it's definely the predominate top note. Its very fresh and an interesting begining to a Vanilla based fragrance. That quickly settles into a boozy vanilla note. The fragrance continues the vanilla theme through the dry down . The base does end up adding a slight musk note. Is it Sublime? Most definitely. Is it the most unique or groundbreaking fragrance? That it's not. But it is a traditional vanilla fragrance with a Creed interpretation that's done "just right." These are fragrances that take more then one wearing to appreciate. But when it's hits you, you will be blown away...
06th November, 2012
I think this one falls on the feminine side, but it's a really nice fragrance. I love to smell it on my wife. She better feel lucky that she has a nice 50ml decant of this juice, because it's quality stuff.

Projects very well, and lasts very long on her skin.

Citrus and vanilla that eventually fades into just vanilla. Nice.
12th June, 2012
This opens with a lemon citrus and a soft vanille. In time the lemon fades and the high quality vanille accord takes over. Also the vanille over time seems to mix in with other notes and smells better.

This vanille fragrance is totally unisex and balanced just right without getting sickly sweet. It's a simple vanille accord that is soft and smells really good without othernotes getting in the way of the vanille or becoming cloying. I like it.
28th April, 2012
The first note was the citrus elements of rich lemon with a hint of bergamot. This warmed to a sweet vanilla musk with the accent on musk. The tonka bean gives it an understated tobacco earthiness that make it truly unisex. It is humidor meets candy store. Very nice when layered with Spice and Wood for a man.
14th May, 2011 (last edited: 23rd May, 2011)
I have to disagree with the other reviewers. I find this scent very pleasing, having sampled many vanilla scents this is the one i keep coming back to. This one opens with a rush of citrus but soon the vanilla appears, for the next hour there is a pleasing balance between the vanilla and the citrus that is followed by a few more hours of a very calming not to heavy tonka. Normal i wouldn't wear a vanilla cologne unless it is a very manly one like Tom Fords, but this one has a pleasant balance between the feminine and the masculine.
All in all i believe this is an amazing scent, i find myself drifting towards my wardrobe just to pop the top off the bottle and sniff it. I do think that it could be a little cheaper but oh well.
30th April, 2011