Positive Reviews of Original Cologne by Creed

Find out more about Original Cologne by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Awakening950's avatar

Creeds best

My favorite Creed scent of all time. It's expensive but just a wonderful clean citrus with decent longevity.

27th July, 2013

CaliDude's avatar

Very classy scent from the house of Creed. Projection and longevity is okay but not great, can pretty much spray as much as you like with this one and it still won't be cloying. I would suggest spraying on clothing as well, to increase the longevity.

I highly recommend at least trying this fragrance.

07th April, 2013

Dernier_Cri's avatar

I really like this. Didn't expect to. A delightful, clean, fresh smelling cologne. Insipid? For me, not insipid at all. Your insipid mileage may vary as they say. Wearing this to me is smelling like you used an excellent soap. Expensive soap smell? Duh yeah.... And you're gonna wanna buy a big big bottle, maybe like a magnum. You're gonna need to throw some fuel in the firebox to get this engine up to speed.

16th February, 2013

zztopp's avatar

Original Cologne (OC) aka Pure White Cologne might very well be the best classical Creed citrus since Bois de Cedrat. As with all "colognes", it is light and doesn't last an ungodly 15 hours on your skin like some thick French juices. But it is immaculately engineered with great quality materials. The moment you spray a blast or two on your skin, the top notes of high-def lemon, made slightly tart with grapefruit accents and softened with petitgrain just evaporate off your skin in a super pleasant and refreshing aroma. What comes next is what makes OC unique - and subject to a little controversy. The heart notes accord is green shell of galbanum with a fluffy slightly sweat pear note which also melds with an old world english powder note in the basenotes. The fusion of galbanum + pear + powder may sound garish and extreme but it is rendered with such a light hand here that it just makes OC come off as a bit eccentric and dandy.

Dandy..yes, OC is for dandies of the 21st century. The herbivore men of Japan more interested in technology gadgets and their looks than in the opposite sex. OC is a retro-modern fragrance for herbivore men. But really it just works for everyone and is especially pleasing in the humidity of the American south. Give it a try.

Rating: 8.75/10.0

05th December, 2012

litworth's avatar

I purchased this fragrance, and within a week, thought I wanted to sell it. I have since done a complete 180 on this fragrance. What I later realized is that it runs parallel to Creed's Aventus, except it does not smell of pineapple or apple. It takes that something special that is in Aventus and somehow amps it up while at the same time makes it more subtle, yet complete, and more "finished" if that makes sense. Never loud and always restrained yet noticeable, eternally classy. At first I thought it was really floral, but now less so. To me, it smells somewhat floral, somewhat fruity, with a healthy dose of top notch ambergris, then dries down to something that at times almost smells very very faintly like menthol and leather, with florals, fruit, and light salt.

I am a believer now. Fantastico, and worth it!

This is a scent that you have to get to know, admittedly. But when you do, watch out! This is what happens when intent meets mastery. It is magical and I hold it in high regard. That is all.

23rd June, 2012 (Last Edited: 24th June, 2012)

Charlie2000's avatar

Very fresh and very clean!!!
    I don't get any rice powder but I really enjoy this fragrance. I received a decant but not sure I would pay for the 8.4 flacon

23rd May, 2012

rbaker's avatar

The initial lemon-bergamot and later galbanum is light, refreshing but subtle, and the ambergris develops after about half an hour. Very short lived, disappeared after about two hours and clothes, it is always very restrained and close to my skin. Not to fill a room, and needs large amounts refreshed regularly to prevail throughout the day. I do not expect an Eau de Cologne to last long, and some of my favorites, like Hermes' Eau d'Orange Vert, last considerably shorter. Overall positive then, but the frequent reapplications don't come cheaply. My samples were still with the "Original Cologne" label; I believe it is now called "Pure White Cologne.".

19th March, 2012

ICABOB CREEZY's avatar

AFTER THE FIRST SPRAY, YOU GET A STRONG BURST OF FRESHNESS. A FAINT SMELL OF LEMON, PEAR AND RICE POWDER. HAS DECENT PROJECTION AND LONGEVITY. MUCH BETTER THAN ANY FRESH SCENT BY CREED. PEOPLE WILL NOTICE YOU, AND YOU DEFINITELY WILL GET COMPLIMENTED ON IT. ITS ONLY DOWNFALL IS THE PRICE. MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER PAY $575 FOR 8.4 OUNCES. ON THE FLIP SIDE OF THAT IS THAT 99% OF THE PEOPLE WILL NOT BE WEARING THE SAME COLOGNE. I FOUND 1 OZ DECANTS ON CRAIGSLIST IN SAN FRANCISCO. DEFINITELY WORTH IT.

10th January, 2012 (Last Edited: 15th January, 2012)

Jermel's avatar

I enjoyed this one a lot. The citrus in OC makes it very refreshing... of course with the famous ambergris for the signature touch. I might be wrong, but I believe some people rate fragrances depending on cost. Simply put, this fragrance smells really clean and sexy. OC is now called pure white cologne and it's also offered in a 30 ml bottle for $205.00.

04th October, 2011 (Last Edited: 02nd May, 2012)

bartdino's avatar

Switzerland Switzerland

...great stuff...fresh and a little powder, I was not sure after testing because seemed a very light skin scent but after few days on me the cologne had a good longevity

The main problem of Original Cologne is the ridicolous price but if you can effort its a great scent

ps in Italy you can find also 30ml spray

06th September, 2011 (Last Edited: 07th September, 2011)