Positive Reviews of Alt-Innsbruck Eau de Cologne by Alt-Innsbruck

Find out more about Alt-Innsbruck Eau de Cologne by Alt-Innsbruck in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

ad_scott's avatar
    ad_scott

I am a wet shaver and AI is the best aftershave I've ever used. Primarily it has an amazing cooling effect from its menthol content which gradually calms and fades to a floral tobacco scent. To be more specific its scent is very close to a Cuban tobacco field. It also holds a slight dose of natural Nicotiana Tabacum. It's a unique Austrian splash and great value for money! It has a barbershop vibe and I'd say it best suits the cigar and pipe smoker.

24 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 25 March, 2013)

ClutchDynamite's avatar
    ClutchDynamite

Aftershave perfection. If only it a bit more projection and longevity. So unique.

19 March, 2012

Harvitz81's avatar
    Harvitz81

I use this as an aftershave more than a cologne, but longevity is typical of an EdC and can last for hours. I shave at night, so it never clashes with my cologne for the day. As noted by bokaba, on application there is a strong menthol blast that is probably the best cooling effect I've had from any menthol based aftershave. The scent to me is intoxicating. I get absolutely no tobacco from this. The scent is that of tobacco flower and is much sweeter and powdery. Don't use this thinking you are getting a tobacco scent ala pipe or cigar tobacco. Really basic stuff made from high quality ingredients. Can definitely be used as an EdC in the morning and will last for several hours. I've used a ton of aftershaves though and this one ranks number 1 easily. The several hours before bed are filled with this blissful scent often. This is also very much a love it or hate it scent, and for me it is one I love greatly.

15 September, 2011

bokaba's avatar
    bokaba

Alt-Innsbruck is a classic 1950s Austrian gentleman's barbershop scent with all the trimmings. First, for the relative affordability, the quality of all natural ingredients is exquisite and holds it weight with some top contenders like Creed's Vintage Tabarome though the former is deeper, more complex, and more regal. Alt-Innsbruck is a simple concoction of water, alcohol, tobacco, and menthol. If one uses it as an aftershave, the menthol blast in the opening is quite apparent. Then the scent dries to a nice sweet, cigar, tobacco scent far removed from the vapors of the smoke. Very good and now available from select vendors in North America. Buy it before it disappears. Things this good never last. True Austrian quality from 1953.

07 May, 2011