Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Positive Reviews of 4711 Nouveau Cologne by 4711

I bought this out of curiosity: I wanted to smell the new approach to the good old 4711. Citrus, flowers and some fruit. Fresh and sparkling. Rather good for the price. I only wore this once, though, and it lasted about 2 hours on my skin. Sillage is quite soft. I ended up giving it to my mother with a small bottle of Tosca I bought for her. She didn't have that many summer scents so it made her happy.

My friend had some Moschino Funny! on her a while ago and because she had the bottle with her I decided take a closer sniff at it. The openings are very, very similar: Citrus, flowers and fruity notes. The drydown - understandably - shows that Funny! is a stronger and a more complex fragrance than Nouveau Cologne but even so the similarities are significant.
28th August, 2014
I tried this fragrance once, while on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised. It smells fresh, as if you were in a pear garden. Nice bouquet for little money.
30th March, 2013