Negative Reviews of Baiser Volé by Cartier

I tried this because I was hoping it was a lily I could like, but in spite of it's promising green notes and citrus, it was still strongly and unquestionably lily. Which is a note I just don't love. It always smells artificial in an airy, aquatic, sharp manner. It brings such a boatload of synthetic elements to a fragrance, that any supporting notes are rendered weak, ineffective... and artificial smelling.
I can tell this one has a nicely moderated personae, an easy wearability, so I hoped I might be able to accept it's somewhat hairsprayish personality, but I can't. Much too artificial on me.
17th May, 2015
For my sensibilities, BV is cheap and nasty. Although it is true to a specific variety of lily (the Asiatic lily), the scent of that lily in particular is especially flat and shallow. Because the Asiatic lily inherently has an almost synthetically thin sharp green scent, it would have made more sense to create some much-needed counterpoint, depth, and roundness in the overall perfume by fattening it up (i.e., making it more sophisticated) with some supporting but enriching notes (e.g., gardenia, orris butter, sandalwood, oakmoss, etc.) to compliment the primary lily note/accord.

However, as it stands, BV is simplistic and reminds me of some kind of pungent fake dryer sheet smell. Anyway, as I said before...cheap and nasty, and the bottle shaped like a cigarette lighter (as expensive as it looks) only makes it that much trashier. Gross.

On the plus side, for those who actually do like this odor, projection, sillage, and longevity are all good to great.
04th April, 2012 (last edited: 17th July, 2012)