Neutral Reviews of Baiser Volé by Cartier

Find out more about Baiser Volé by Cartier in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

promqueen's avatar

Smells wonderful, but not much lasting power...and this is for the EDP

28 January, 2014

almiscarata's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Fell in love, bought, am wearing everyday, but wish it would last more than a couple of hours...

28 November, 2013

maiglöckchen's avatar

Germany Germany

Anybody else out there who felt immediately reminded at Guerlain´s L`Instant?

30th January, 2013

Sniffmonkey's avatar

I love the scent of lilies - I enjoy Penhaligon's Lily & Spice, Donna Karan's Gold, Frederic Malle Edition de Parfums Lys Mediterannee.... so I bought this (EDP) unsniffed. It smells like hairspray :-/

EDIT: OK, so it’s time to do a second sniff and try to assess this perfume for what it is, rather than what it isn’t: To judge it on its own terms. As I mentioned above, I already own Lily & Spice and Gold, so I should ask myself why I would want another scent that replicates their take on lily anyway?!

I don’t know enough to be able to identify the “hairspray” note – a nostril-tickling, high-pitched effect - that hits you first of all, and that stays around. Is it salycilates or ”solar” notes? It’s like White Linen in terms of this starchy, laundry-sheets effect. Other reviewers have said that it’s an abstract floral, and that helps me to appreciate it – it is indeed an abstract, modernist floral that takes the bitter sap and the dusty pollen and the subtle floral sweetness and rearranges these elements into a delicate, abstract structure, like a snowflake. It also has a salty element that calls to mind Lys Mediterannee. It manages to be – what’s the right word? “powdery” has the wrong connotations, “fluffy” sounds to frivolous, for this soft yet sophisticated scent.

I doubt I’ll repurchase this, but I have added it to my small selection of “no brainer” work-appropriate scents and I shall enjoy wearing it very much this Spring and Summer. Thanks to other posters whose thoughts have helped me see the light on this one. The fact that it is so different from Lily & Spice and Gold is now what draws me to it!

FINAL EDIT: My brain still says "hairspray" when I smell this. I gave it to my sister, and she loves it.

24 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 May, 2014)

Fleurine's avatar

I thought this was nothing special...but the bottle with the flip top os very nice.

29 October, 2011