Positive Reviews of I Love NY for All by Bond No. 9

bigbz Show all reviews
I find many/majority of gourmands to be pretty unisex, however this one bucks that trend and leans a bit towards the masculine side IMO.

Mainly because of a fairly strong "roasted" note in this that lasts the entire fragrance life span on me. I find it fits well here in the frag and gives a unique and complex twist that many gourmands are lacking. Choco Musk for example.....great smelling and long lasting scent, but very simple composition. Not always a bad thing, but sometimes you want something a little more unique and complex and this delivers on that.

I read some people are turned off by a note in this...something that comes across to them as meaty/sausage/fatty smell. Well thankfully, I don't pick that up at all personally!lol

And like most Bond's, it's longevity and projection are a force to be reckoned with. So....if your a gourmand lover, I don't see why you wouldn't want to give this a try. Especially for the price it can be found for now.
06th August, 2015
I Love NY For All is a gourmand's gourmand, dominated by its heart notes of cocoa and coffee, their mixture reminding me mainly of a bakery or donut shop, both with respect to the baked goods themselves as well as the general smell of the shops.

The bergamot makes more a more acerbic opening, with the patchouli and leather elements becoming a little more evident in the dry down, though still subservient to the cocoa and coffee, which are the mainstays of the fragrance from start to finish.

As EDPs go, projection is average and longevity is above average. FragranceNet renders it very affordable, relative to most Bonds.

One potential criticism is that due to the dense sweetness, ILNYFA might be likened to an "old lady perfume" but on my skin, I smell more of the bakery sweetness, so it really demands a try, especially given how polarizing it seems to be within the community.

Those keen on sweet gourmands will likely love it, and others will take more convincing, but I'd recommend at least testing it out. It's among my favorites in the Bond No. 9 line.

8 out of 10
31st March, 2015
The first two wearings, I wasn't sure I even liked this. There was something almost sour, like others may have mentioned. Indeed they may have been trying for that milk note on purpose, like the milk or cream added to coffee or a frothy cappuccino? Whatever it was, it wasn't necessarily off-putting, just a bit strange. But I like strange, and although Bond may have put out quite a few duds in their incessant line of offerings, I don't feel for one minute this is one of them. Should you have some reservations the first few times, hold off on judgement, as it may certainly come around for you. It did for me, and now I absolutely cannot get enough. I adore this fragrance! Longevity and sillage are way high on the meter. Some fragrances just take a little time to get accustomed to, and the ones you may not like so much in the beginning, well they actually turn out to be diamonds in the rough. I love New York City and I definitely love NY for All.
23rd February, 2013

phi Show all reviews
New Zealand
Nobody does gourmands like Bond and this is another winner. There seems to be a lot of ambiguity as to what this actually smells like. While I feel hazelnutty/milky/chocolately is on the right track to my nose this smells exactly like Amul Kool Kesar I had when I went to India. Look it up.
15th February, 2013
The most superb gourmand. Love at first smell. It's rich, it's deep, it's a little bit sweet but deep and rich enough with hazelnut and popcorn that it isn't a sweet syrup. Just delicious!
16th December, 2012
CoL Show all reviews
Appears brevity is my thing these days when it comes to reviews!

Lanvin Avent Garde on steroids! That's what this is, possibly with a touch of CK One Shock for men. LOVE IT!!
11th July, 2012
I love this one , can't imagine myself without it. This is my holy grail on sweet fragrances hunt, I simply drool for the marron glacé smell.
25th May, 2012
This is definitely one of my favorite gourmands. I'm really a bit surprised by that note pyramind. Really? Bergamot? Pepper? Patchouli? All I really smell with this is a delicious, chocolate covered pretzel. Maybe a little burnt, in the best way. It's not soft, it's not delicate, in fact it's a little in your face. The kind of scent that emanates from a warm oven and fills a home. It's just plain delicious. Of course, one must really appreciate gourmands to enjoy I Love New York for All.

One last thing- this is significantly better than New Haarlem in my book. This and Harrod's Oud raise the bar entirely amongst Bond's whole line.
25th May, 2012
Erok32 Show all reviews
Whomever compared this to count chocula was dead on. I like it... And so do women. Perfect for a night in watching movies.
02nd March, 2012 (last edited: 09th March, 2012)
Upon smelling this scent for the first time, I was overtaken with the sweet smell of glazed Krispy Kreme donuts, sour dough bread, and a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Now, that might not be everyone's thing per se, but it smells fantastic to me. Seriously, this is a great gourmand fragrance that one would not expect to have much staying power, but it actually sticks around all day. The vanilla/coffee/cocoa trifecta hit your nose at first and the leather/pepper/patchouli combination hits you in the second wave.
01st March, 2012
Smells deelish! Almost edible-like. I know that I Love NY for Her includes blueberry muffin in its notes, but I swear I also smell it in I Love NY for All! Or maybe it's just wishful thinking as I type this review in the morning with the hunger for a warm blueberry muffin batch fresh out of the oven. Everyone who passes by one who wears this fragrance will want to eat you alive!

For those who cringe at the thought of gourmand fragrances, this is a pretty tolerable one, I kid you not! It's more of a youthful fragrance in my opinion as opposed to Bond No. 9's city fragrances...but not youthful in the league of Aquolina's Blue Sugar.

It's full bottle purchase worthy!

One of my favorites! =]
07th November, 2011
Absolutely delicious!! I'd been anxiously waiting for this specific one of the ILNY fragrances, particularly because I'm a die-hard lover of all things gourmand. I admit that I was a bit put off by some of the VERY few reviews that I'd read and watched, but after ordering a sample and trying it for myself...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

My particular skin chemistry is VERY sweet - just about anything I wear quickly turns into Mrs. Butterworth's on my skin. No kidding. So, this was right up my alley. The opening is a delightful burst of rich, bold Starbucks Hazelnut coffee. Creamy. Nutty. Full bodied. Sprinkled with a few dashes of nutmeg, cinnamon and powdered sugar. The middle layer sets in about 30 minutes later, which - on my skin - smelled of sweet cinnamon french toast, drizzled with warm maple syrup. The base gets back to coffee and it sits very nicely on my skin. Reminds me greatly of New Haarlem, but with bolder emphasis on the coffee/cocoa/hazelnut factor. Where New Haarlem gives you a lighter, more fun and "sociable" type of smell, ILNY For All is a deeper, darker, richer and more intimate experience. For contrast - NH is a delicious morning breakfast at IHOP and ILNY For All is an evening cup of gourmet coffee at the Jazz Cafe downtown.

After 3 hours, and a bit of sweat from today's heat, longevity is impressive. Even as I sniff now, I'm amazed at how well they captured such a "buttery nuttiness" in this fragrance. Very well-rounded and well-executed gourmand. It's rich caramel cream, soft cocoa powder and steamy liquid coffee all at once. And again, this is my personal experience and my skin does take a specific liking to sweet gourmand fragrances. So, if you're taste is anything like mine, then you won't be disappointed!!
09th October, 2011
New and contemporary from the house of bond no 9 in NYC...

I have just received the sample from Harrods London and have worn it all day long...

Gorgeous and unique juice based around strong coffee, cocoa, leather, pepper, patchouli and vanilla notes...I can detect a very sensual gasolin/petrol note which is certainly very much of an 80`s accord...think garage/motorbikes/hot steamy attraction...I truly love this in a modern scent...there is a masculine/androgynous/vampish flair in this this why the scent is in a Black bottle?...I wonder...

Excellent longevity and sillage...

Big thumbs up...!!!
01st October, 2011

My new favorite Bond 9! I thought they were loosing there stamina but this is pure bliss!!!
01st October, 2011