Reviews of Yellow Diamond by Versace

Find out more about Yellow Diamond by Versace in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Colin Maillard's avatar

Yellow Diamond opens with a preset "feminine summer" accord of galaxolide (that round, milky fruit sweetness you find in cheap shampoos), perhaps other aromachemicals providing some tart apple note, citrus, generic woods. Clean and artificial. Boredom at first sniff!

4,5/10

05 July, 2014

Lisa DP's avatar

Boring and too commercial were the first things that crossed my mind when sniffing the blahness which is Versace Yellow Diamond. Some perfumes that are one-dimensional are masterpieces. Versace Yellow is not, and for the dollars you are expected to part with, is certainly not worth it.

21st February, 2014

rbaker's avatar

Not exciting

Bergamot and orange start fresh but in a mundane way, followed by an equally unexciting floral drydown. That's about all folks, apart from a good longevity of four hours.

05 September, 2013

kempstir's avatar

Mellow Yellow

I went in to purchase "Bright Crystal," unaware that this scent even existed. It was love at first whiff! However, I feel like that's about all I get from this; the scent seems to wear out much more quickly that other parfums I own. This is especially unfortunate as I feel Versace sells a low volume of fragrance for a staggering price. Still trying to decide if I'll replace this YD with a new one or try a new scent, but I'd definitely like something similar. I like to wear this to work functions, professional occasions, or daytime events that call for something light yet distinctive. When the scent is present, I get kudos, that is for sure!

Pros: distribution, originality, mellow, calming, sophisticated
    Cons: wears off quickly, does not distribute well"

30th August, 2013

Cricketkitty's avatar

I sprayed some of this on to test it and I really liked the top and middle note, slightly reminded me of Versace Pour Femme. I walked around shopping for a while then when I smelled it I caught a whiff of what to me smelled like gin and cat pee. No amount of scrubbing could get it off either. Save your money, spray on a little Daisy, get drunk on gin, and squeeze your incontinent cat, you get the idea.

02 September, 2012

promqueen's avatar

This actually is nice layered with Eau de Chloe-they seem to round each other out. On its own, though, not very distinctive.

A few months later; am wearing this on its own and it is quite nice.

25 June, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 October, 2012)

Beehles's avatar

I own (and love) Versace's Crystal Noir so I thought I would give this one a try. As I love orange blossom and bergamot I thought this would be a winner for sure. I could not have been more wrong!

With my skin chemistry this one is straight up "hairspray" from beginning to end. The opening is citrus hairspray, the heart notes are floral hairspray and the basenotes are musky hairspray. Yuck!

Luckily I tried it before I bought. On the day I came home wearing Yellow Diamond my husband yelled up the stairwell..."what were you doing with all of the hairspray down here?" Ha! No way I'm purchasing this one.

31st May, 2012

Amakeupmaevin's avatar

I bought this from the UK before the holidays because it wasn't going to launch in the US until March. I wanted to wear it for the holidays. I had the idea that this was an evening fragrance. Well I was wrong. This fragrance is nice and so-so. It is around the lines of Daisy. Nothing new here. I will keep it in my collection and wear it on the days I'm running around town. Fruity, floral for sure with a not too present base note composition. If you have Daisy take a pass. If you want Daisy try this too and compare the scents on your skin. The flacon is a beautiful addition to a vanity.

22 May, 2012