Reviews of Yellow Diamond by Versace

Find out more about Yellow Diamond by Versace in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

There are different things that I really like about this fragrance. first of all is the complexity of it.
    It may look a simple fragrance but at the same time during the performance of it on the skin changes many times and will keep you entertain and during each level shows different notes to you.

The opening is a tart and juicy lemon scent along with very adorable creamy sweetness and a mellow floral aura in the background. this tart and at the same time creamy sweet lemon scent remind me of a big and lovely lemon pie. when I smell the opening I can't stop thinking about lemon pie and that's the best part of this fragrance for me! fresh, tart, creamy, yummy and very pleasant.

In the mid that tart fresh lemony scent settles down and I can smell fruity pear right beside the lemon and a little stronger floral notes. I can also feel some sort of green feeling which I believe is because of patchouli. it's not in the note break down but I will ensure you it's there and I will tell you why! also in this part scent gets slightly, I'm saying it again slightly clean and kind of soapy because of orange flower but this feeling goes away after around 10 minutes or so. the mid is still fresh and lovely but it has more layers and characters against the opening.

The changes of this fragrance will not end and it will continue during the base.
    In the base fresh lemon scent goes completely in the background and pear disappears completely from the scent. in this part scent gets sweeter plus stronger floral notes. this is where patchouli gets stronger and shows it's face completely. the patchouli note gives this sweet floral and fresh scent a damp and almost peppery aroma which is very nice.
    The base is OK but it feels very generic to the nose. the opening and the mid were more interesting in my opinion.
    Projection is average and longevity is around 4 hours on my skin. very good scent. worth at least checking out!

15th March, 2015 (Last Edited: 17th March, 2015)

Darvant's avatar

We are surely dealing with a "shampooing pour le corps" sort of aromachemicals based concoction but (despite this element is simply undeniable) I find Yellow Diamond incredibly optimistic, "deliberately cosmetical" and summery. Take it or leave. The note of sharp-watery freesia (supported in its tartness by grapefruit and may be lily and peony) is the central floral theme as flanked effectively by a sort of "inexplicably yellow" accord of citrus and mimosa, all these elements "flying" over a soapy musky base veined by synthetic cedarwood and ambery soap. Yes I detect something fruity (citronellol/melonal) and "fleshy" (a tad figgy, melon veined but basically pear flavoured) provided by a "pear sorbet" synthetic accord. Absolutely fruity musky the dry down but with a surprising twist of floral sophistication (intense neroli/orange blossoms presence) and "sweaty" sensuality (a warm skin-like sort of intensity). The general tartness and an aromatic musky presence (galaxolide) nail down points of connection with the classic Cerruti Pour Homme 1881 (seeming Yellow Diamond ideally like a sort of feminine fruity 1881's version). A joyful unpretentious summery fluid.

10th March, 2015 (Last Edited: 11th March, 2015)

Colin Maillard's avatar

Yellow Diamond opens with a preset "feminine summer" accord of galaxolide (that round, milky fruit sweetness you find in cheap shampoos), perhaps other aromachemicals providing some tart apple note, citrus, generic woods. Clean and artificial. Boredom at first sniff!

4,5/10

05th July, 2014

Lisa DP's avatar

Boring and too commercial were the first things that crossed my mind when sniffing the blahness which is Versace Yellow Diamond. Some perfumes that are one-dimensional are masterpieces. Versace Yellow is not, and for the dollars you are expected to part with, is certainly not worth it.

21st February, 2014

rbaker's avatar

Not exciting

Bergamot and orange start fresh but in a mundane way, followed by an equally unexciting floral drydown. That's about all folks, apart from a good longevity of four hours.

05th September, 2013

kempstir's avatar

Mellow Yellow

I went in to purchase "Bright Crystal," unaware that this scent even existed. It was love at first whiff! However, I feel like that's about all I get from this; the scent seems to wear out much more quickly that other parfums I own. This is especially unfortunate as I feel Versace sells a low volume of fragrance for a staggering price. Still trying to decide if I'll replace this YD with a new one or try a new scent, but I'd definitely like something similar. I like to wear this to work functions, professional occasions, or daytime events that call for something light yet distinctive. When the scent is present, I get kudos, that is for sure!

Pros: distribution, originality, mellow, calming, sophisticated
    Cons: wears off quickly, does not distribute well"

30th August, 2013

Cricketkitty's avatar

I sprayed some of this on to test it and I really liked the top and middle note, slightly reminded me of Versace Pour Femme. I walked around shopping for a while then when I smelled it I caught a whiff of what to me smelled like gin and cat pee. No amount of scrubbing could get it off either. Save your money, spray on a little Daisy, get drunk on gin, and squeeze your incontinent cat, you get the idea.

02nd September, 2012

promqueen's avatar

This actually is nice layered with Eau de Chloe-they seem to round each other out. On its own, though, not very distinctive.

A few months later; am wearing this on its own and it is quite nice.

25th June, 2012 (Last Edited: 02nd October, 2012)

Beehles's avatar

I own (and love) Versace's Crystal Noir so I thought I would give this one a try. As I love orange blossom and bergamot I thought this would be a winner for sure. I could not have been more wrong!

With my skin chemistry this one is straight up "hairspray" from beginning to end. The opening is citrus hairspray, the heart notes are floral hairspray and the basenotes are musky hairspray. Yuck!

Luckily I tried it before I bought. On the day I came home wearing Yellow Diamond my husband yelled up the stairwell..."what were you doing with all of the hairspray down here?" Ha! No way I'm purchasing this one.

31st May, 2012

Amakeupmaevin's avatar

I bought this from the UK before the holidays because it wasn't going to launch in the US until March. I wanted to wear it for the holidays. I had the idea that this was an evening fragrance. Well I was wrong. This fragrance is nice and so-so. It is around the lines of Daisy. Nothing new here. I will keep it in my collection and wear it on the days I'm running around town. Fruity, floral for sure with a not too present base note composition. If you have Daisy take a pass. If you want Daisy try this too and compare the scents on your skin. The flacon is a beautiful addition to a vanity.

22nd May, 2012