Neutral Reviews of Yellow Diamond by Versace

Opening with bergamot ONLY, no detection of other top notes. It is very citrus almost fresh lemon like. 10 minutes later is freesia and expired lemon peel, unpleasant way. Another 10 minutes, mimosa is more dominant, freesia and expired lemon peel disappeared, Base notes consist of musk rather than woods.

Overall impression: very refreshing, but need to wait 10 minutes later for the expired lemon peel to disappear.

Color I think of: bright yellow, orange, white.
Words I think of: lemon, orange, fruity cocktail.
Suitable age (objective): Teen to 40's.

24th December, 2016
We are surely dealing with a "shampooing pour le corps" sort of aromachemicals based concoction but (despite this element is simply undeniable) I find Yellow Diamond incredibly optimistic, "deliberately cosmetical" and summery. Take it or leave. The note of sharp-watery freesia (supported in its tartness by grapefruit and may be lily and peony) is the central floral theme as flanked effectively by a sort of "inexplicably yellow" accord of citrus and mimosa, all these elements "flying" over a soapy musky base veined by synthetic cedarwood and ambery soap. Yes I detect something fruity (citronellol/melonal) and "fleshy" (a tad figgy, melon veined but basically pear flavoured) provided by a "pear sorbet" synthetic accord. Absolutely fruity musky the dry down but with a surprising twist of floral sophistication (intense neroli/orange blossoms presence) and "sweaty" sensuality (a warm skin-like sort of intensity). The general tartness and an aromatic musky presence (galaxolide) nail down points of connection with the classic Cerruti Pour Homme 1881 (seeming Yellow Diamond ideally like a sort of feminine fruity 1881's version). A joyful unpretentious summery fluid.
10th March, 2015 (last edited: 11th March, 2015)
rbaker Show all reviews
Not exciting

Bergamot and orange start fresh but in a mundane way, followed by an equally unexciting floral drydown. That's about all folks, apart from a good longevity of four hours.

05th September, 2013

I bought this from the UK before the holidays because it wasn't going to launch in the US until March. I wanted to wear it for the holidays. I had the idea that this was an evening fragrance. Well I was wrong. This fragrance is nice and so-so. It is around the lines of Daisy. Nothing new here. I will keep it in my collection and wear it on the days I'm running around town. Fruity, floral for sure with a not too present base note composition. If you have Daisy take a pass. If you want Daisy try this too and compare the scents on your skin. The flacon is a beautiful addition to a vanity.
22nd May, 2012