Positive Reviews of Yellow Diamond by Versace

There are different things that I really like about this fragrance. first of all is the complexity of it.
It may look a simple fragrance but at the same time during the performance of it on the skin changes many times and will keep you entertain and during each level shows different notes to you.

The opening is a tart and juicy lemon scent along with very adorable creamy sweetness and a mellow floral aura in the background. this tart and at the same time creamy sweet lemon scent remind me of a big and lovely lemon pie. when I smell the opening I can't stop thinking about lemon pie and that's the best part of this fragrance for me! fresh, tart, creamy, yummy and very pleasant.

In the mid that tart fresh lemony scent settles down and I can smell fruity pear right beside the lemon and a little stronger floral notes. I can also feel some sort of green feeling which I believe is because of patchouli. it's not in the note break down but I will ensure you it's there and I will tell you why! also in this part scent gets slightly, I'm saying it again slightly clean and kind of soapy because of orange flower but this feeling goes away after around 10 minutes or so. the mid is still fresh and lovely but it has more layers and characters against the opening.

The changes of this fragrance will not end and it will continue during the base.
In the base fresh lemon scent goes completely in the background and pear disappears completely from the scent. in this part scent gets sweeter plus stronger floral notes. this is where patchouli gets stronger and shows it's face completely. the patchouli note gives this sweet floral and fresh scent a damp and almost peppery aroma which is very nice.
The base is OK but it feels very generic to the nose. the opening and the mid were more interesting in my opinion.
Projection is average and longevity is around 4 hours on my skin. very good scent. worth at least checking out!
15th March, 2015 (last edited: 17th March, 2015)
Mellow Yellow

I went in to purchase "Bright Crystal," unaware that this scent even existed. It was love at first whiff! However, I feel like that's about all I get from this; the scent seems to wear out much more quickly that other parfums I own. This is especially unfortunate as I feel Versace sells a low volume of fragrance for a staggering price. Still trying to decide if I'll replace this YD with a new one or try a new scent, but I'd definitely like something similar. I like to wear this to work functions, professional occasions, or daytime events that call for something light yet distinctive. When the scent is present, I get kudos, that is for sure!

Pros: distribution, originality, mellow, calming, sophisticated
Cons: wears off quickly, does not distribute well"

30th August, 2013
This actually is nice layered with Eau de Chloe-they seem to round each other out. On its own, though, not very distinctive.

A few months later; am wearing this on its own and it is quite nice.
25th June, 2012 (last edited: 02nd October, 2012)