Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Parfum by Hermès

WOW what an amazing scent. I find it familiar and different at the same time. Smells like something I already have or had in my collection but then it smells like something new and exciting. This should be in everyone's collection IMO. Great from start to finish with decent longevity and above average projection. For the quality the price isn't outrageous either. This should never ever be discontinued. Enjoy!
19th May, 2016
On me, this is fundamentally, a longlasting skin scent...and Im ok with that. It has a creamy, "sandle-woody", drydown that really hooks you. That nearly putrid orange peel vibe that it gives, is interesting and atypical enough for me, to have bought the 6 oz jug of the parfum.

The quintessential office scent...and maybe the most versatile scent in perfumery. A very solid perfume.
31st January, 2016
It’s been quite some time since I wore TdH EdT, but i feel this is brighter and crisper, with greens and citrus being much more prominent. The dry down presents peppery wood notes. I can fully appreciate the impact TdH has had on the fragrance world, and it is a wonderful scent, it’s just that I’m a guy who likes to wear things found off the beaten path. This also feels as though it would work in warmer temps, maybe summer nights out? Has wonderful longevity, but sits relatively close to the skin on me. My wife loves this! Thumb up!
08th December, 2015

I can understand why so many people like this fragrance. I fell in love with it at first sniff and wore it happily for about a year after that. It is a very strong scent, so I had to apply it judiciously when in close quarters because it projects really well and lasts several hours.

However, after a while, some note began to give me headaches, and the scent became so oppressive that I had to stop wearing it altogether. I've never had this happen with any other fragrance.

The petrichor-like mineral note is interesting, and the grapefruit and other citrus are nice as well. I don't smell anything rotten, abrasive, or strange here, as some people seem to detect.
11th November, 2015 (last edited: 06th January, 2016)
Definitely in my top 10. My first purchase of TDH was for the EDT, which strangely enough has a large variance of notes from the EDP. The funny thing is I wasn’t really sure I liked it the first time I sprayed it on. However, by the end of the day I loved it so much, I went online and purchased the biggest bottle of the EDP that I could find. BTW, both are awesome and smell relatively the same to my unprofessional nose, with the EDT being bolder, while the EDP is more refined. Strangely enough, the EDT has more projection and sillage though, while the EDP stays closer to the skin and lasts all day long (12hrs+).

Longevity: 10/10
Sillage: 7/10
Overall: 10/10
24th September, 2015
JonB Show all reviews
Most of you already know all about TdH, so I won't talk too much about "notes" here. I will just make a couple of observations. This is a pretty linear scent, and I'd bet that TdH consists of very few ingredients. In fact, I would guess that there aren't as many ingredients as there are notes in the pyramid. The second observation I will make is that there's very little difference between the EdT and the Parfum except for projection. Yes, the Parfum may be a tiny bit smoother (and I stress "tiny"), but the main difference is how the Parfum wears closer to the skin. It's a bit strange that you need at least twice as much of the parfum to equal the EdT. I see very little advantage in spending more for the parfum. Overall, this is a great fragrance, earthy, spicy, orange.
01st September, 2015
This is what I imagine Don Draper smells like. It's sophisticated, mysterious, gorgeous and a little dirty on the inside.
07th May, 2015
I can immediately tell that this is a Jean-Claude Elena fragrance. The opening citrus bears the classic Jean-Claude Elena citrus aura so apparent in so many of his fragrances. For some reason I’m liking this citrus opening better than as usual for me. Come to think of it, I’ve enjoyed several of Hermes' latest men’s offerings: Jardin Sur le Toit, Gentiane Blanche, Voyage…

This parfum version Terre d’Hermes comes across quite strongly. The opening is not as cool as the original TdH because the flint accord holds off for a while longer than in the original, I guess it gives the opening citrus a longer period to shine. When the stony flint note takes over, the scent shows the cool earthiness that TdH is famous for, only richer and more full than in the original. This flinty / citrus accord forms the core of Terre d’Hermes Parfum and has excellent longevity. The drydown goes woody with a hint of the citrus / flint remaining.

I find this a rather linear fragrance which is centered around some genuinely interesting and enjoyable accords. It is quite seductive.
03rd May, 2015 (last edited: 17th May, 2015)
If you prefer the great smell of Terre a tad bit milder on your skin, with less projection but huge longevity, this is the one for you.
03rd April, 2015
TdH Pure Perfume is a beauty. I wore it for the first time today and I felt so sophisticated. Even though it is a "pure perfume" it's not strong at all. It is just right and gives off the right projection. I find that TdH EDT is stronger that this one. It lasts a long time on me. I put it on this morning at 7:30am and it is now 8:00pm and I can still smell it. Perfect for any occasion.
13th February, 2015
Terre d'Hermes Parfum was one of the first fragrances I had at the beginning of this hobby, and has seen me through some not so great times. A restrained orange opening with hints of spices, is followed by a mineral earthy mid and woody base. I can detect some vetiver in the heart and the base, perhaps a hint of cedar as well. It has decent performance on my skin. Really stands out in the crowd of other designer fragrances- a solid release!
30th January, 2015
As others have noted, this is a smoother, richer, deeper version of TdH.
I really get a pink grapefruit note in the opening. The mineral note is much slower to emerge and is less crisp for a long time. The dry-down is very similar, except that the mineral note is a bit more sea-side (salty breeze) than earthy. A good scent, but I like the original better -- brighter, crisper, more refreshing. When I want TdH those are the things I seek.
15th December, 2014
richer and slightly sweeter than the original EDT. More sillage but less projection than the EDT, average longevity but I think the EDT is a bit longer. Both are excellent versions of this scent.
15th November, 2014

Smooth, oily citrus...

The Parfum version of Terre d'Hermès is an interesting one. Mainly because I can't think of other male-marketed perfumes being sold in "Pure Perfume", "Parfum" or "Extrait" concentration...

That being said, this version does have it's own merits. It wears closer to the skin, it's richer, it doesn't have the sillage of the other one (it won't fill a room with smell), but you will notice it for a long time. Two or three sprays of this will last for over six hours, and it holds itself very well.

You get a much smoother, denser and richer smell with this one, and a lot woodier. The woods here are quite prominent. Whereas the original was orange and grapefruit, this is orange and cedarwood, along with patchouli and vetiver. There may also be geranium here which adds to the "flinty" impression. Basically the Iso-E-Super (which Jean-Claude Ellena seems to love using) is more prominent in that it gives the Parfum a much deeper base to the whole composition. Another thing is that (as expected with a Parfum) this is linear. So you don't get the transitions experienced by the Eau de Toilette. This could either be a good or bad thing for you, but it is what to be expected from a higher concentration.

Overall, I think there is a place for the Parfum. If you are someone who likes spending more to feel more "smooth" or "polished", or want it to last longer, or like "heavier" scents, this could be an option. Of course having a Parfum is also a luxury, so you have to expect to pay more. I would describe this as mainly smooth and linear, and could be worn by a woman, if the same woman could also wear something like Encre Noir by Lalique. I could safely say that Terre d'Hermès Parfum is (very) similar to Encre Noir, just with a composition focused around citrus. The strong vetiver, cedar and Iso-E-Super are all there, and it has a "serious" tone... at least to me anyway. Again, a little different than the Eau de Toilette in tone (not in character), but it depends if you prefer to spend more money for that difference.
13th November, 2014
This is actually a nice fragrance that is not as sharp & pungent as the EDT. Smoother & dense. Which I prefer, yet it does not really do anything for me. It is dust, with oranges & grapefruit. When I smell/wear Terre D' Hermes, I am suddenly reminded of the desert. Dry and lagging. It last longer than the EDT, yet it does not project as much. I give it a 3 out of 5. But I am over this type of theme.
25th July, 2014
Softer and deeper than the EDT and missing the "pencil shavings" . Wears close to the skin for me. Pleasant, however I find the original 2006-2007 EDT was smarter and provided a greater break from the aquatics found everywhere at the time.
It does, however provide a quality scent to contrast the "Vanilla" that is found everywhere else today!
31st March, 2014 (last edited: 02nd April, 2014)
This one reminds me Chanel Sycomore - perhaps the iso e vibe? - but not so good... anyway, better than the former EdT
20th January, 2014 (last edited: 30th January, 2014)
Take the original Terre d'Hermes eau de toilette (already a brilliant fragrance), make it richer, and add a slight chypre vibe to the composition. You've got the Terre d'Hermes pure parfum.

A great fragrance made even better.
14th November, 2013
Good stuff

Good stuff, though no better than EDT

30th July, 2013
Gary F Show all reviews
Sweet and Sophisticated

I find this to be so wonderfully complex. It evolves throughout the day like few other fragrances that I've tried. I have not tried the EDT, but I love the EDP so much I'm gonna stick with it. Thoroughly modren and yet classic. All ages would wear this well.

Pros: Fruity without being shallow
Cons:

20th June, 2013
Excellent, just like the edt. This one is richer and quite stronger which may make it slightly less versatile than the edt. Great frag regardless. The orange and grapefruit with the flint was an excellent idea. The woody notes enhances the earthiness of this present masterpiece IMO.
02nd May, 2013
I recently received this bottle of Terre D'Hermes Parfum and I feel that it will last forever......
It reminds me of a citrus-infused Polo for men. The first impression smelling this perfume was that it is "rich" smelling with citrus/woods blend....and very unique. The woods overpowers the citrus in my opinion. I enjoy the dry down more so than the application and I learned to spray this one time on the back of my neck and maybe small squirts to the wrist.....anything more is over application. This perfume is a must have. It lasts all day long.... and do not spray it on your clothes. I wear a uniform to work and sometimes the uniform will stretch me two or three days long if I do not sweat. The uniform will smell of TDH on day two or day three.

Must have...
2 thumbs up!
28th March, 2013
One of my favourites, suitable anytime/anywhere, this is special juice. Right off the bat you are confronted by rich almost gourmand orange pomander accord, that curls lazily up from application areas, there is something heavy and luxurious about how this frag moves in air, almost like you can sense the density of the pure parfum concentration. I sense a slight tomato leaf accord on opening also, probably a combination of the notes that I read like that, but the best way I can describe, very aromatic and very beautiful. During the dry down the vetiver comes through with a velvety, sweet richness.

I find this projects less that TdH ETD (the EDT seems more focused on the higher pitch and flinty accords, EDP more on the orange pomander/woods accord), but has much better longevity. So I spray to both hands and back of neck (I avoid chest/front of neck - and this seems to avoid the problem of going anosmic during a wear), this way, I get amazing projection for the first few hours, but after that I get heavenly wafts intermittently and a beautiful skin scent.

Did I mention my wife practically pounces on me when I wear this? (Only other frags that have that effect on her are APOM, DHI & GIT.) All in all a quality scent... thank you Jean Claude Ellena.
02nd March, 2013
Pure Parfum? Surely, you jest! Not even close. TdHP feels like a marketing gimmick - If you like TdH, you'll love Pure Parfum! No, it's stripped all the joy our of TdH and you're left with a skeleton. Bare bones, in fact. Pink pepper is gone, that spritely spice. Smells dank, dark and not a whole of fun. Where's the joy? In the EdT!
12th January, 2013
I received the TERRE D”HERMES Eau de Parfum 6.7 oz. spray on 12/13/2012. I purchased blind based upon positive revues. After wearing it for the first time I am eager to share my first comment ever concerning a fragrance I have purchased. It delights me to report that this spray parfum has the most elegant fragrance of any I have ever worn. From the first citrusy notes to its lingering light, woodsy scent, it brings a smile of confidence knowing that this quite unique fragrance is not overpowering yet quite comforting. I have at least a dozen men's EdTs and EdPs. This is now my signature scent and I highly recommend the Parfum to confident adults who are searching for one of the best designer fragrances available.
16th December, 2012
This was a good surprise. It has at the same time an old school vibe and also a modern vibe. Great lasting power, sillage and projection. Dries down to a sweet and citric smell that's real close to natural. Definetely thumbs up!
23rd November, 2012
I really like this. It departs from the original EDT by distancing itself from the mineral-like notes in its predecessor. Instead, you are treated to an exuberant display of rich, deep citrus embedded on an oily base of earthy woods. It really is a retro fragrance reminiscent of what men in the eighties would wear. Imagine Armani, but with its turnings properly adjusted. The citrus is shared by both. But, whereas Armani goes a bit awry with its high-pitched citrus top notes and overly-soapy middle, Terre EDP cruises like a yacht. The citrus is deeper and there is no soapy-floral middle. It is a strong, elegant fragrance that my dapper uncle from the eighties would have worn when flying in from New York, wearing his signature Oscar de la Renta fragrance, who he gave me when I was in high school. I admired him. The ladies flocked to him. In turn, I emulated him. One day I hope to return the favor and present Terre EDP to that gentleman who taught me that good, understated style is classic. You can keep your fruit and aqua. Give me Hermes' Terre.
02nd November, 2012
Appears to be an extremely well blended fragrance with top notes of very ripe citrus and balmy shiso leaf, paired with fizzy flint hovering above a slightly damp and mossy woody heart. The citrus in the parfum isn't as sharp as in the EdT, which in my opinion is a good thing. Instead of smelling like a freshly sliced orange on a breezy, sunny day, it smells more of a glass of grapefruit juice, left sitting out in the sun, slightly warmed. Don't be put off by the sound of that, it's a beautiful citrus opening, one of Hermès's specialties. The fragrance overall almost feels damp, as if it were rising from cold, moist, store-bought soil (not deep, earthy, wild soil). Works beautifully on rainy spring days, or mild summer evenings.

The reason I'm giving this a neutral: the main component here, making up 55% of the fragrance, is a very cheap, highly debated synthetic: Iso-E Super. It's a trendy ingredient amongst perfumers at the moment, it adds a sheer woody accord to the body of any fragrance, softening the fragrance without necessarily weighing it down, making it very appealing to your average light-and-fresh-loving young male consumer. It adapts well to the other notes it's being blended with, making it quite the chameleon, it can sometimes smell ambery, and other times earthy. Anyway, after learning how to identify Iso-E Super, all I smell in Terre d'Hermès is a big fat log of it, wrapped in warm grapefruit peels, on a bed of damp soil. It bothers me that the incredible complex base I was smelling, is in fact only one (synthetic) ingredient... seems lazy. It has completely lost its appeal.
03rd August, 2012
Terre d'Hermès Pure Parfum is the only scent that made me survive the season I hate most: summer.

I apply this potent fragrance heavily on my upper body and spray it to the neck; the scent then forms an impenetrable armour around me, not unlike Frodo's mithril-shirt. Thus all the adversities of summer - huge amounts of sweat washing away any cologne one puts on, clothes sticking to the skin, feeling smudgy etc. - shall have no dominion.

Only since I know that the Pure Parfum can do this I have a lot easier times with summer. At the moment I own two bottles of it (75ml and the gorgeous 200ml-bottle which is a veritable murder-weapon) and plan to stock up soon to prevent me from any possible reformulation-mournings in the future.
08th July, 2012
summer sexy and with a mesmerizing spell on women!!
03rd July, 2012