Reviews of Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

Use to be one of my fav's but my nose has matured. It's spicy and seductive for an intense man I feel; someone with mad confidence. Smells solid with a decent performance and the ladies love it. My first scent that had a tabacco note which I like a lot.
07th March, 2017
I love this one so much. Warm, spicey with a hint of something animalistic (a musk or maybe the leather note). Perfect winter scent. I don't get much citrus from it personally, except maybe in the inital spritz. My sampler is almost done so I think i may have to get myself a bottle of this.
27th January, 2017
I love it on men. The spices are sweet without being cloying. And the grapefruit in the opening is delicious and fresh, before going to something warmer. It stays long on the skin, although you've got to be very close in order to smell it. Sillage is not good.
24th January, 2017

Oviatt Show all reviews

I was pleasantly surprised when I tired Spicebomb for the first time. The name suggests that this is going to be some nutmeg, clove and cinnamon fest; instead, this is a warm, rich, semisweet leather scent with a vanilla/Tonka undercurrent, even though those notes are not listed. Viktor & Rolf were having a little joke with this one—instead of being in the kitchen with one eye on the timer for your pumpkin pies and the other on the candy thermometer as you wait for the elusive hard ball stage, you are comfortably by the fire on a leather sofa smoking a pipe. Somewhere, at the other end of the house, someone may be cooking with spices in the kitchen, but it ain’t you. I get none of the citrus tops notes. The heart of elemi and pink pepper are evident right from the start and the leathery base of sweet pipe tobacco and wet vetiver are not too far behind. This smells warm and masculine without being too gourmand, nor is it as sweet as some of the other current offerings in this genre. Elemi is one of my favorite notes in perfumery and it is used well here, evoking a balm as opposed to a smoky incense note. Just the thing to wear in cooler weather with a ribbed turtleneck sweater and a suede jacket.
14th November, 2016
I am giving this a neutral based on the fact that although i absolutely love this going on (i dont get any top notes to my nose),
this just disappears on me.
For me it has peppery, powdery dry down with a bit of leather. I just wish i would notice it more when i'm wearing it.
For this reason i cant really judge projection.
21st October, 2016 (last edited: 04th November, 2016)
I almost blind bought SpiceBomb, instead I decided to try a Sample.. my lucky..

I think Spicebomb is too similiar to 1 Million, I didn't get the spice in it, for me it's a sweet fragrance.

Even thought it has leather on the base notes, I couldn't feel it.. The bergamot is so strong and lasts until the frangrance dries down, making it so much sweet.

About the longevity, it a good fragrance, in my skin it lasts for 5 to 6 hours.

Projection could be better.

In my opinion it's a good fragrance, and if you like One Million you're gonna like it..
But do not expect to be surprised..

18th October, 2016
A fairly horrific mess that goes for overkill is nearly every respect. “Bomb” is an appropriate name for this toothache in a bottle. Massively synthetic-smelling, incoherent, and frighteningly popular, Spicebomb unsettles me. Just thinking about having smelled it gives me a headache.
15th July, 2016
I have dior homme,ysl la nuit,ch prive but spicebomb are on my number 1 list and my signature fragrance.

The smell is one of the best designer fragrance out there.i just have a problem with longevity and sillage on this one.totally worse.it only hold about 2 hour on my skin then it turn to skin scent.i dont know its because my body chemistry or the fragrance itself.

But thats not a big deal for me because i really love the spice smell from pink pepper and the drydown from leather,vetiver and tobacco.

The bottle is masterpiece.one of the best i ever seen
18th May, 2016
What more can I say besides Spicebomb is a modern masterpiece by the great perfumer Olivier Polge. Sophisticated, mature, manly, spicy, beautiful scent. Superbly blended and refined smell of warm spice, cinnamon, tobacco, and almost has this woody/earthy quality to me. Please stop with the comparisons to 1 Million. Spicebomb is on another level. This is niche in that it is so exquisite, unique, and blows most designers away. Perfect 10/10 fragrance for men.
28th April, 2016
The name is apt. I felt like I had been attacked by the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and honey from my spice rack. While I enjoy spice and incense, this was just way too overpowering.
29th December, 2015
I don’t have a problem with sweet fragrances, but Spicebomb is just really too much for me. It’s pure, crude, nondescript plastic sweetness which I have a hard time considering a grown man’s fragrance. Or actually a “person’s fragrance”, of any kind. Again, sweetness is not the issue, neither the “generic” factor, which I’m very fine with most of the times. The problem is that Spicebomb smells like if they accidentally switched the nozzles with a barrel of something meant for a candy factory, and bottled that, and sold it. Leather? Saffron? Elegance? This is a juvenile, sticky bubblegum cascade of cinnamon, vanilla, musk, nonsense synthetic gummy bear stuff all wrapped in a bare “masculine” frame of woody musk and spicy amber. All in the worse quality you can imagine – flat, cheap, extremely linear synthetic stuff as in any drugstore shower gel, with no qualities whatsoever except the ability of making you feel in a time machine ready to throw you right into Justin Bieber’s arms in 2005. I’d choose lifetime chastity over any woman complimenting this abomination.

24th November, 2015
Got this for my birthday...

Its a nice Titanium wrapped grenate-like bottle and presentation wise is exquisite.

I find similarities with 1 Million for some reason but more refined and upper scale fragrance.

I do believe it is a modern masterpiece for some reason ... And without any surprise, it is composed by the great Polge.

Thanks.
30th October, 2015
Don't care for this scent. Not bad but definitely not something I want to smell like all day.
27th October, 2015

This smells so amazing on me, lasts forever and projects across the room at times. Not cloying at all, and I find myself smelling it every few minutes or so. Very fruity on first spray. After 15-20 minutes it then becomes very pepper/powdery and the fruity notes subdue more. About an hour later it dries down into a peppery/leather smell with the vetiver giving it a balance. Very masculine and well made, absolutely in my top ten favorites.
22nd August, 2015
Polge copies himself as Spicebomb has the DNA of Dior Homme but it's not as good as DH but still very presentable and wearable. I find Spicebomb to be very linear but that linearity is very enticing as the vanilla, tobacco & spice take hold. It's a nice iteration on the DH theme but if you already have DH, then Spicebomb seems like an afterthought.

26th April, 2015
This cologne is bittersweet, as soon as I smelt it there sweetness overwhelmed my smell and taste. Then this sweet bitter taste and smell came .3 seconds after and I had to put it back right away.

I'm probably a bit bias because I hate colognes that are too sweet right away so I didn't give it much chance, it had quality and portrayed exactly to what it was trying to be a SpiceBomb. I guess I can't complain about the smell I did not like since it smells exactly like the name.

The container is cool but your personality better match this smell otherwise you'll look like a douche that smells too sweet and comes off too strong.

25th April, 2015
Salutation.

A potent seduction potion in a seductive bottle.Deceptively simple but masterly woven,this woods and spicy combination is deep and manly,but without any sort of pretence,as befitting a true luxury product.Sweet, Charming,Tempting,Irresistible and Warm.

Fresh and Spicy top notes of bergamot, grapefruit and pink pepper then the warmth of cinnamon and paprika harmonizes with the sensual woody base notes of leather,tobacco and vetiver. the scent is not similiar 1million for me and i expected something more deep and bold.You can smell cinammon for a long time.

SPICE BOMB in a bottle as beautiful as the fragrance inside is strong,sonorous and timelessly charming!perfect and impressive in the Evening.It reserved for COLD weather.do not wear it in the daytime and do not wear if you dont want female attention!

Sillage?It is not bomb but acceptable.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

15th April, 2015
I bought a sample of this online because I had smelled the opening at a fragrance counter and wanted to evaluate it as I would wear it.

The opening is powerful, and the fragrance is aptly named and the bottle aptly designed. It seems awfully juvenile though, and I can't quite figure out the logic in the marketing package. After such a strong peppery opening the drydown is a huge let down and I normally like Tobacco, Leather, Vetiver scents. This one seems to just linger into an almost sweet almost sour concoction that didn't do much for me. Not terrible, but nothing I want in my collection. However, I think V&R will do just fine without me as this likely has it's appeal to many.
20th February, 2015
An amazing, spicy, medicinal and fresh fragrance. Spicebomb is unique and it's a classic!
20th February, 2015
This is wonderful stuff. I have smelled it on a man after it has mixed with sweat, and I felt dizzy it was so nice. I bought a bottle for myself. It is unisex, and works well in the evening.
26th January, 2015
Runs out of the gates with a sweet Elemi (spicy/incense) with tobacco. Very sweet. The vetiver comes in and freshens the the group. This is a good cozy winter fragrance but too sweet for me. If I were to choose something like this I would pick Acier Aluminum.
07th December, 2014
By far, one of my favorite fragrances during the winter & fall months. Some may denounce this as too powerful, but I find that with moderate application this can be curbed.
02nd December, 2014
Spicebomb was a big surprise and has become one of my favorite Fall/Winter fragrances. I really do not like spicy colognes, but this one is very light and not overwhelming. I love the cinnamon, tobacco and leather. It smells very exotic and oriental. Perfect for a night out on the town.

12th November, 2014
Can't say I was impressed to be honest.

As it says on the bottle, it's spicy and goes off like a bomb.

Insane opening (which may be too much for some) but after an hour hardly anything is left.

Not bad, but burns itself out too quickly.
13th October, 2014
There are certain scents that work very well on your skin and for me spicebomb is one of them. I spray each wrist and my chest once and it still has strong projection after 6 hours. I can pull out the neckline of my shirt and smell the chest spray nearly a full 20 hours later.

I try to spray 30 minutes before I leave the house because the initial sillage is so beastly. The dry down scent reminds me of a more modern, intensified version of CK Obsession for Men.
07th September, 2014
jumpfrog Show all reviews
Horrendous. Do you have the top three buttons undone on your shirt? Do you wear chunky gold chains and bracelets? Do you slick your hair back? If so, then this is the fragrance for you! The first sniff was an utter assault on my senses. The spice is so overdone, so cheap, and so synthetic I was quite taken back. What follows is sweet. Sweet. Sickly sweet. And then some. It is the epitome of "cloying". The scent is as obnoxious as the butch, uber-alpha grenade bottle it comes in. "Spicebomb" is best worn by slimy second hand car salesmen or equally slimy used jewellery salesmen. I couldn't help but picture Del Boy rubbing his hands together and saying, "lovely jubbly" after dousing himself in it, before jumping in his reliant robin. A total shocker this one. I just do not get all the positive reviews.
23rd August, 2014
Sure I'll rate it positive but I must stress out that I don't get the fuss, however I do sort of like it. There were talks about it reminding of Burberry London - maybe in style yes but most certainly not in character!

Spice Bomb is a hybrid of several fragrances in my subjective opinion. These would be: Givenchy Pi, Burberry London, Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit, Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time and a tad bit of Gucci Pour Homme II. They successfully blended it all together but not entirely in the sense that they created a true masterpiece, not even a fragrance that stands in itself as something that can easily outshine the mentioned frags.

Spice Bomb is all about good marketing. Sure it's quite a nice fragrance, I in fact like it, but I also have to be subjectively objective about it - whatever that means.

This fragrance is not what it's marketing implies it is. In a way it has this glimpse of reminiscent sadness in it. I'll try to explain more or less - today is a not too cold, but not nearly a warm day in Zagreb. It's a bit windy, the sky is gray, however the energy of summer is about. Perfect weather for Spice Bomb and a walk in the city maybe with your girlfriend, holding hands, but are silent, both of you with your own thoughts, together but somehow alone - that is Spice Bomb!

This has to be the first fragrance that I want, but not the whole bottle. 5-10 ml would be enough for me, considering the size of my collection, just to have it here and there for such days described.

Positive, not completely by a margin, but it could have been so if I were maybe in a different mood or setting.
22nd July, 2014
Spicebomb smells wonderful on my skin. The cinnamon and tobacco notes really stand out with a subtle hint of nutmeg in the background although there is none in the composition (could be the elemi, though). I fell in love with this fragrance like I did with Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. As a matter of fact, I almost bought a bottle on the spot because I was so glad to find an acceptable substitute for Tobacco Vanille at a fraction of the price. Good thing I did not make an impulse buy. The salesman gave me a generous sample which I immediately tried on. Surprisingly, it became powdery almost immediately while remaining spicy. (the tobacco/cinnamon notes were still very noticeable). Unfortunately, there was nothing left of Spicebomb about half an hour after I applied. This is a pity. I really love this fragrance. If ever they issue an EDP or a Spicebomb Extreme, I shall be the first one in line to buy it!
15th July, 2014
the reviews by Dullah, dollars&scents and buysblind are on the money.

there is a nice floral, citric opening, followed by a long, sweet passage that is rather cloying and tiresome. This is the bubblegum phase that several reviewers have referred to. Finally, after a few hours, it dries down to a powdery, spicy finish that is very genteel and may be too feminine for many men.
24th June, 2014
Love Spice Bomb. It is a great scent for a great price. This scent is for people who gravitate toward warmer smells. It fires off with a heavy peppery cinnamon smell and then eventually fades into a sweet tobacco leather scent. Late at night it can become sweet and powdery and some times it smells a little like chocolate.
I constantly get complimented on this scent. Whether its the ladies at the office, the girl at the pizza parlor register or my bank teller. Women seem to love it. This is my wife's favorite scent on me.
14th April, 2014