Positive Reviews of Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

Find out more about Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Sure I'll rate it positive but I must stress out that I don't get the fuss, however I do sort of like it. There were talks about it reminding of Burberry London - maybe in style yes but most certainly not in character!

Spice Bomb is a hybrid of several fragrances in my subjective opinion. These would be: Givenchy Pi, Burberry London, Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit, Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time and a tad bit of Gucci Pour Homme II. They successfully blended it all together but not entirely in the sense that they created a true masterpiece, not even a fragrance that stands in itself as something that can easily outshine the mentioned frags.

Spice Bomb is all about good marketing. Sure it's quite a nice fragrance, I in fact like it, but I also have to be subjectively objective about it - whatever that means.

This fragrance is not what it's marketing implies it is. In a way it has this glimpse of reminiscent sadness in it. I'll try to explain more or less - today is a not too cold, but not nearly a warm day in Zagreb. It's a bit windy, the sky is gray, however the energy of summer is about. Perfect weather for Spice Bomb and a walk in the city maybe with your girlfriend, holding hands, but are silent, both of you with your own thoughts, together but somehow alone - that is Spice Bomb!

This has to be the first fragrance that I want, but not the whole bottle. 5-10 ml would be enough for me, considering the size of my collection, just to have it here and there for such days described.

Positive, not completely by a margin, but it could have been so if I were maybe in a different mood or setting.

22 July, 2014

Zut's avatar

Spicebomb smells wonderful on my skin. The cinnamon and tobacco notes really stand out with a subtle hint of nutmeg in the background although there is none in the composition (could be the elemi, though). I fell in love with this fragrance like I did with Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. As a matter of fact, I almost bought a bottle on the spot because I was so glad to find an acceptable substitute for Tobacco Vanille at a fraction of the price. Good thing I did not make an impulse buy. The salesman gave me a generous sample which I immediately tried on. Surprisingly, it became powdery almost immediately while remaining spicy. (the tobacco/cinnamon notes were still very noticeable). Unfortunately, there was nothing left of Spicebomb about half an hour after I applied. This is a pity. I really love this fragrance. If ever they issue an EDP or a Spicebomb Extreme, I shall be the first one in line to buy it!

15 July, 2014

Wolfgang Mazrin's avatar

Love Spice Bomb. It is a great scent for a great price. This scent is for people who gravitate toward warmer smells. It fires off with a heavy peppery cinnamon smell and then eventually fades into a sweet tobacco leather scent. Late at night it can become sweet and powdery and some times it smells a little like chocolate.
    I constantly get complimented on this scent. Whether its the ladies at the office, the girl at the pizza parlor register or my bank teller. Women seem to love it. This is my wife's favorite scent on me.

14 April, 2014

gimpy's avatar

Wow, what a fragrance!

I don't know what's in this, and I don't think I wanna know. Is it an oriental? A spicy wood? I'll go with the paradoxical aromatic-oriental.

Spicebomb smells like a cacophony of spices dancing around. No, it's not the traditional spices you'd expect in a masculine. These are pleasing and never harsh. If Frederic Malle bottled this for $300, it'd be all the craze here.

While probably most similar to L'Occitane's Eau de Baux (I'd say 75%, but EdB is more oriental with less spice and more vanilla), the scent I get the best similarity to is the discontinued Gucci Envy. Not in smell, but in feel. Envy also had that jumble of spice (there, ginger which no one considers a spice) that was so well blended and pleasing as to defy its ingredients. Now Envy is discontinued and Spicebomb is born shortly thereafter. Coincidence or reincarnation?

05 March, 2014

mlsweeney's avatar

Solid scent that doesn't live to its name

This scent has a fantastic spicy opening and settles down into a very light, yet powerful woody fragrance. The bottle design is very unique and works in a weird fashion. You have to "pull the pin" on the fragrance or else it doesn't spray. I thought the designers did a great job of combining the grenade shape with the pin-pulling gimmick. The projection and longevity is extremely good for me but it's the scent itself that doesn't feel like a "bomb." The spice comes very early but dissipates quickly. I also receive compliments very regularly compared to most of my collection.

Even though it's woody, it developed much more feminine than I anticipated. I sprayed a card in a designer store and got a completely different fragrance compared to how it develops on my skin. I don't mind it being a little feminine but I wasn't really looking for that type of development when I bought it. I bought it from a high-end clothes store so I'm not sure if it was their set price that made it so high or not but when it was rung up, I was surprised it was priced so high. I was also a little annoyed that it only came in 90 ml. It felt a little short-changed compared to 99% of other designers that come in 100 ml.

8.9/10

Pros: 1. Crazy design and concept that works well as a bottle collector 2. I get fantastic projection and longevity 3. Great compliment getter
    Cons: 1. More feminine than I expected 2. Expensive for a designer 3. Doesn't come in the full 100 ml"

02 October, 2013

The_Cologneist's avatar

Amazing spicy scent, that succeeds in all categories.

Similar to: Tobacco Vanille, Eau des Baux, Mugler: Taste of Fragrance, Burberry: The Beat.

First and foremost. I am a HUGE Olivier Polge fan. And I think this is his best designer brand fragrance. I haven't so much seen or smelled what he can do with a higher budget in the niche realm of fragrances, but I am sure there is lots of potential. He's still fairly young and is gonna make some instant classics, like Spicebomb.

Spicebomb. Where to begin. First it was Le Male, then 1 Million, now Spicebomb. The ultimate club scent, and keeping up to date with what people wanna smell. Personally, I am not a "club goer", but this is what you wanna wear to get noticed. While it's very very spicy, no doubt, it is balanced out well with a subtle sweetness, tonka bean I presume. The opening gives a huge blast of pink pepper, and paprika more than anything. It's a bit sharp, and definitley in your face.. but it quickly mellows out, the notes combine, along with vetiver, leather, citruses, and cinnamon. I do believe the cinnamon note in here is the real secret to Spicebomb. Cinnamon is a spice, but also sweet in a way, and it really helps Spicebomb, not only to balance out, but to keep a character that distinguishes it from Tobacco Vanille, and others.

Spicebomb.. not a pepper bomb like Marc Jacobs Bang. There's never too much of anything in Spicebomb once it comes into character. You get a little pink pepper, a little cinnamon, a little vetiver, a little leather, a little saffron, a little tonka bean, on and on. Projection and longevity are both a plus. But I can see this being off putting to some in the opening notes, if you are sensitive to pink pepper or paprika in heavy doses.

Spicebomb has already gotten its much deserved recognition here on Basenotes, and other forums and communities around the internet. I just hope it doesn't ever get lost in translation, and stays relevant. An A+ masterpiece, and a must try!

Pros: Longevity, projection, value, unique, balanced.
    Cons: Price is a little high."

08 July, 2013

rbaker's avatar

An interesting one

A brief citrus whiff leads to the main theme, a peppery and raisinous mix that shows no major development on my skin overall, but towards the end a sweetish cocoa and vanilla note emerges with a touch of tobacco. Huge projection, it is a silage monster with a superb longevity of about nine hours. A fragrance for cooler weather, and with an unusual and quite original component. The bottle is tacky.

08 July, 2013

Darvant's avatar

Just a step before the gourmand zone

Well, i guess this fragrance is going to figure out such a generally appealing (either to women and men) concoction since we know that a semi-gourmandish spices/tabacco dusty combo with a sort of durable figgy- musky (or better almondy-musky) type of wet (fruity/candied) aura around is an insurance on the olfactory path. I have to admit that the level of sweetness is well calibrated and a secret (in the background, as undertone i mean) spark of sensual (spicy/floral and suede kind) sophistication prevents the risk about an eventual dusty flatness. Masculine? Not for me, this is an unisex more oriented over the feminine territories under my humble nose. The beginning is wet and soon "figgy like" because of the fruit, the "liquid" and musky vetiver and the immediately detectable effect from the fragrant tobacco but the spices start soon to swirl chaotically on the sky as well as you can detect the dominant pink pepper and the key note of the saffron (so notable together with the red pepper in dust by my inquiring old "Nose-ock Holmes") while a syrupy cinnamon/nutmeg agreement seduces the senses in the general tobacco-honeyed atmosphere. This notable (i mean more detectable) characteristic is by soon spicy (kind of talky/sugary and gourmandish as a Christmas cake, Pandoro, Marzapane, sugary/almondy soft sweets etc, etc) , pleasant, barely chocolatey but kind of banal and dull. The background indeed redeemes the olfactory work here with SpiceBomb. The spicy elemi indeed, as surrounded by citrus, wet fruits (grapefruit), fresh tobacco and supported by the leather, produces the sophisticated spark that turns the smell out as a sensual, more mysterious and feminine one. I detect at this point in the background a link between this floral/spicy spark and the "salty" leather/tobacco and this is (i mean this kind of leathery, sophisticated and less sweet undertone) the part i prefer by far and that induces me to basically appreciate the general olfactory fatigue performed by Polge. The (modern and ascetic/incensey type at once) spark i write about tickles the extremity of your nose for hours making the aroma worthy, modern and captivating. Not bad my freak buddies.

Pros: Sophisticated, floral and leathery in the background
    Cons: Ordinary sweet spiciness in the main fase

06 July, 2013

bFlay's avatar

Raucous, Loud, Demands attention! SPICE BOMB is rich with a cacophonous opening of fruits and spice like tea and jam in the sauna...dries down to leather and spice with a little undertone of sweat from that same sauna. Good juice. Lasts 6+ hours on skin.

04 May, 2013

fivehundredfloat's avatar

Viktor, Rolf and whoever else contained this scent in a grenade and marketed it as "Spicebomb" for a reason that becomes evident upon first sniff...
    After the adrenaline had subsided--displaced by confusion--I did some reading, and found that it was made "collaboratively" with L'Oreal Paris, whose billions in revenue speak to their tendency of challenging the minds of their customers. Intrigue and a sense of danger is what sells this product before its substance has an opportunity and, so it goes, some people can be left feeling ultimately duped... And they will fret, until their bottle is fought over by the vast majority who like Spicebomb, and are relieved that it's not what we secretly hoped it wouldn't be.
    What we get is an unaffected product, one that conforms not to a traditional scent pyramid as much to something cellular: sweet and warm outside, and aromatic, vaguely fresh, and spicy within. Aside from a citrus/piperine in the very outset, not much changes over its course. Reviewers noting a bubblegum accord are close; I propose that Masala chai is close as well, given the spice, with a distinct smoothness being lended, perhaps by the tobacco. Cinnamon is implied, but circumstantial. Elemi is there, and certainly if the person deemed it necessary, their nose might be able to find most of the notes listed, but this fragrance, with its well-blendedness and charm, will elicit a simple enjoyment for most. None will be offended, provided the application is reasonable, and expectations of the reasonable consumer for sillage and projection will be met even if a few dollars happen to be paid in excess. Appreciate it in Hallmark evenings of late fall and winter. Chances are, it will not begin to fade until after you're asleep and no longer disposed to worry.
    There is some hype around this "bomb," but it isn't hysteria.

17 April, 2013

Davo's avatar

I don't agree with the negatives. I also don't agree that it fails to live up to its "spice" name. For me, as a cook, this smells of cinnamon, nutmeg, and all things Christmas. In the drydown it even has a hint of chocolate, like a spicier version of Dior Homme Intense. None of these appear in the notes, partly because it is not meant to smell like that, and partly because I am not a perfume afficionado and I smell what my nose tells me that I am smelling.

This is definitely a winter scent, but it smells masculine and different and if you are looking for something to attract comments from the ladies you are in the right territory. Spray it on and walk in to a dark cocktail bar at the office party wearing a black suit and white shirt and you will see the effect that it has. Forget the stuffy reviews, this is modern, vibrant, spicy (in the actual spice kind of way), and you cannot go wrong with it. Buy it, finish it, then toss the hand grenade shaped bottle over the fence like you own the scent, not the other way around.

12 April, 2013

Indagnacious's avatar

Commercial? - yes
    High Schoolish? - maybe
    Good? - absolutely
    If Mugler did a Pure Spice, it may smell similar to this, all be it with a nice dose of patchouli/vanilla/coffee base inserted instead of the less stable leather/tobacco/vetiver accord here. I am reminded of Pure Havane as this settles in. It's just that the cinnamon sweetness that is Spicebomb rues the day. Did I roll my eyes when the local Nordstroms SA recommended this to me, saying how popular it was and how everyone was going ape sh*t over it? That definitely pushed me far, far away....for quite some time in fact. And after asking them if they ever heard of or tried Chergui, Portrait of a Lady, or Noir Epices and getting absolutely nowhere fast, I backed off my bit of snobfumery, realizing I was probably ruining my chances of receiving bountiful samples by the second. Several months later, once all the hype died down, I tried it without judgement. And I have to say, I liked it. I still do in fact, even after a third or fourth wearing. I own a bunch of niche, and every once in a while I like to go the commercial route, as there is a certain level of comfort in that. Of course the fragrance has to be above average, and I feel with Olivier Polge's direction, it has accomplished that. Does it reach the heights of Nasomatto's spicy accords? Not even close. But just because I would much prefer to hang out with Chan Marshall or PJ Harvey doesn't mean I would turn down a date with Rihanna or Taylor Swift.
    Longevity and sillage are high, overall 3.5 stars out of 5.

24 February, 2013

Paul P's avatar

I can't tell you what notes I can or can't smell. My nose is not sufficiently trained I guess. I can simply tell you that I love the scent, purely and simply because I think it smells great. It reminds very much of DK Men Unleaded, a fragrance I used to own in the mid to late 90's, when I was in the throws of a courtship with my now wife. It's sweet in the best way possible. Sillage and longevity are ok.

If you forget the name (no, it's not a spicebomb) and just enjoy the fragrance for what it is, it's great.

14 January, 2013

chrisaxp's avatar

I just bought this over the weekend after having samples for a few months. I really like this scent. The initial notes are spicy and peppery and it warms down to a simple vetiver and leather.

It brings to mind an image of a second date. You already know this woman a bit and you want to draw her in closer so you can see if there is a spark there. Definitely a recommended buy!

19 December, 2012

bugsyiii's avatar

Wow!!!! Great fragrance. Opens with aggression, but dries down to a soft melo fragrance that wants to say hello in a very seductive way!!

30th November, 2012

sjg3839's avatar

Don't let the name fool you. When I first heard of this scent, I thought it was going to be this highly spicey intense cologne.This one kind of reminds me of a spiced apple pie on the initial spray. The leather and tobacco notes assist the frag from becoming a sweet overload. You will get compliments with this one. This one is definitely for the club. If you spray too much of this, you will become damaged goods.

09 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 November, 2012)

charger's avatar

This is another one that I am on the fence between a neutral and positive review. I think the main reason is in the name and the bottle design. As others have said, I was expecting a spice assault. What you get is much more tame, which is still nice, but I wanted a bit more.

I have received compliments on the cinnamon and "Christmas spice" smell. i like the top notes, and they stick around nicely. The dry down goes into that vanilla candle smell that I don't care for, but it is very faint so I can deal with that.

Overall this is a nice scent that stirs up memories of apple cider by the fire place, so this is a great season to wear it. I haven't pulled the trigger on a full bottle yet, but I am on my third sample of it. I like it enough that I am hoping my wife will just get it for me for Christmas :)

07 November, 2012

Buysblind's avatar

First, let's talk about what Spicebomb is not:

It is not an extremely masculine fragrance. It is not rugged or dark or dangerous. And it is not a particularly challenging scent either. I would even say that Spicebomb is not especially...spicy. So yes, the name of the fragrance and its grenade-packaging are more than a little misleading.

In my opinion, Spicebomb doesn't resemble Tobacco Vanille, Pure Havane, or Musc Ravageur in any way other than sharing a couple common notes here and there. That's where the similarities end.

It is not a One Million clone. While both can be said to share a 'bubblegum' accord, there are also many differences between the two.

So what is Spicebomb?

It's a sweet, fresh fragrance with a cool edge that is brought into balance by a subdued, lightly spicy heart. Think cold spices, rather than hot or dark. The pink pepper, elemi and saffron provide the sweet, fresh aspect that is anchored by leather and tobacco at the core, and accented most notably by cinnamon and chili pepper.

There is a definite bubblegum vibe at the top of Spicebomb which persists for some time, before gradually settling. However, it mingles nicely with the leather and tobacco below and blends well with the other spices. I like the bubblegum accord and was pleasantly surprised by it. As the bubblegum component settles, the core of the fragrance emerges, bringing the tobacco, leather, and cinnamon into greater focus. However, the fragrance remains sweet throughout its life, finally settling in to what feels like an amber, tonka bean base. The base, while fairly common and generic, is well done and seems like the natural progression here.

Overall, Spicebomb is a very smooth and well-blended scent. Not surprisingly, Polge did an excellent job constructing it. I always found Viktor and Rolf's previous offering--Anitdote--clumsy and sort of all over the place (the real "spice bomb.") Spicebomb is much more cohesive and lucid, and I believe it is a much, much better fragrance. At the same time there is a common quality between the two, and perhaps a unique Viktor and Rolf characteristic is starting to become apparent.

It is clear that V & R wanted to create something commercially viable with Spicebomb. I imagine women will find this appealing on men, and that young men, particularly the 20 to 40 crowd, will enjoy wearing it. This should sell well, as it is immediately likable and has a modern, upbeat charm. On the other hand, for weathered, cologne connoisseurs looking to push the boundaries with daring, dramatic creations or capture the past glory of traditional perfumery I have no doubt this will be somewhat disappointing.

Projection is strong for the first 3 to 4 hours, then begins to settle, becoming a skin scent around the 6 or 7 hour mark. A little bit goes along way with this one, and it will become cloying if over applied. For average use I'd recommend no more than two sprays. While you could get loud with this one if you wanted to, I think it is best presented worn on the quiet side.

Spicebomb is an excellent offering from Viktor and Rolf and is a very nice option for a romantic fragrance, or fall/winter wear. Try it, and see for yourself what you think about it. You may be surprised.

06 November, 2012

MisterT's avatar

I smelled this in a GQ magazine, and bought some samples. I love it! I'm buying the giftset this weekend. This is going to be my new signature scent.

24 September, 2012

Wee Scottish Scent Lover's avatar

I've only gone and bought this for my husband, and now I've realised I can't stand it! It is mega-overpowering. One spray and it's all over the house. It's incredibly sweet, far TOO sweet for a man's fragrance. I wish I'd tested it properly before buying it. It is cloying, sickly and smells nothing like spice. It's more like an explosion in a candy floss factory. Leather? None. Tobacco? None. Vetiver? None. Syrup? Plenty. Never again, Spicebomb.

Achtung! That first review was mid September, and now it's late October, and I have changed my mind! I don't know what happened with that first spray of Spicebomb. Now, it seems to have lost its overpowering quality and is rather pleasant. I'll give it a thumbs up, although it's still in the bottom of my top twenty. I still get absolutely NO SPICE from this ... although maybe that's not right either, as there is a hint of apple pie ... cinnamon? Nutmeg? Brown sugar? Aaah, now I understand. Anyway, it's better after you get used to it.

18 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 23 October, 2012)

ajstudly's avatar

I love it. I get a nice cinnamon scent with this. It actually smells like I though it would smell. For me this lasts a long time. I sprayed myself and the next morning I still smelled it on my shirt. I only wore this one a handful of times and each time I got complimented on it. I like this one for nightime. I havent really tested out the projection but I was sitting at bar and bartender asked who smells so good and she had to be 4 feet away from me and that was about after 2 hours of wearing it. So for me one of my if not my favorite release this year. If you like sweet smelling scents you will like this and I recomend checking it out.

06 September, 2012

senore01's avatar

I like Spicebomb. It can be overly sweet just don't apply too much. It has a nice pink pepper/cinnamon vibe going. It is a step up from One Million. But, I must say that Spicebomb is over priced for sure. I have even layered Spicebomb with Lalique White. It is a fantastic combination which gets me many compliments.

20th July, 2012

mesaboogie's avatar

Spicebomb is a pretty good fragrance. It starts off sweet and bubblegum-ish like 1 Million, but not as sugary. It also smells like Tobacco Vanille, Gucci PH II and especially like Eau de Beaux as it dries down. It's not as spicy as the name would lead you to believe. It's more sweet. It projects very strongly for the first 2 hours and then POOF! It turns into a skin scent for the remainder of it's life span. Longevity is decent at 6-8 hours, but I'm really struggling to smell it at 8 hours. The sprayer is phenomenal. It's not quite Dior or Creed status, but it's beastly on it's own merit. It's pretty versatile and I think it would do ok in any season, save for the warmest summer days. I love the bottle even if it is considered to be tacky by some. It fits the personality of the fragrance perfectly.

14 July, 2012

kimhojung43200115's avatar

South Korea South Korea

First impression was a bit like Bittersweet and then the sweet scent remains, I mean seriously it's way too sweet than I expected which is I love about this frag.

The longevity is amazing, I wore this yesterday and still I can feel it.

The bottle design is really great cuz you can actually see the Bomb itself. But dissappointed at the cheap plastic safety pin and the spray. Compare to Ralph Lauren's Romance Silver Men or Hugo Boss Bottled. It sprays too much. You need to aware that.

11th July, 2012

noirdrakkar's avatar

I've heard some say this was really good, others say this was really bad. To me, the name describes the scent well. It feels like a bomb full of spices exploded. It's not a loud scent, but far from subtle. Projects well. Perhaps a good spring/fall scent. This one is different and will get you noticed. This does smell like a rack full of spices. Not the bitter or hot spices like pepper or the kind you'll see in Polo/Terre D'Hermes. These spices are more sweet like cinnamon. It does smell a like a kitchen spicerack, very gourmand. This fragrance overall has a sweetness about it. I do give a thumbs up on this one for Viktor and Rolf's ability to innovate on this one.

Despite being an excellent smelling fragrance, there are two flaws you will have to tolerate.

1. This only sold at one store, Nordstrom, and the price is $95+ for 3 oz. ($65+ for 1 oz). This is a bit more expensive than the average designer fragrance, but worth it if you really like it.

2. Projection problems. The first hour this projects monstrously strong. People at a non-personal distance from you will smell this. However, after the first hour, this projects very poorly. If you use 1 or 2 sprays, people won't smell you after an hour. If you use too many sprays, the strength of the projection would be enough to offend people.

If this were 2/3 of the price and projected more consistently throughout (instead of the extreme change in strength after the first hour) then this one would have been a 9 or possibly even a 10.

Rating: 7

Verdict: I wouldn't recommend a blind buy, though I highly recommend you sample this one.

29 June, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 August, 2012)

leto's avatar

Turkey Turkey

I tried this for two days full wear before making a decision. I think that this has taken the parts that I like from FM Musc Ravageur and TF Tobacco Vanille, combined them with removing the parts that I don't like (overpower, cloying, aggresiveness etc.) . A nice spicey-sweet fragrance, ended up buying a 50 ml. bottle.

17 June, 2012

silentrich's avatar

Originally I thought this was way too sweet and cloying, but I tested it a couple of months ago and actually really enjoyed it. Rumor has it that it's been reformulated and I believe this is why I didn't like it the first time and enjoy this version. Opens with what smells like dry green tobacco with a what smells like vanilla base. I also think that it's been blended better in the reformulation as the sweetness isn't as in your face. Pricing is a bit high, but it's a quality fragrance that you'll get plenty of use out of. I still prefer Eau Des Baux over Spicebomb, but I like it enough to buy a bottle.

21st May, 2012 (Last Edited: 06 January, 2013)

dollars&scents's avatar

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf - Upon application, one is treated to a somewhat refreshing, fruity and citric blend from the commingling of an orangey and peppery bergamot, the tangy bittersweetness of grapefruit and the mildly spicy fruitiness of pink pepper. And, an intriguing elemi showers the blend with its resinous and balsamic spiciness. Resultantly, an all-too-familiar, sweet, spicy, bubble-gum smell wafts to the waiting middle. Here, in the heart, the Bazooka-like opening is immersed in an enveloping stew of sweetly warm and earthy cinnamon, a pepperish paprika and a healthy dose of hay-like floral from saffron. A sweet, pipe tobacco undercurrent carries this inviting melange to the base. Here, the luxurious, cherry-almond, pipe tabacco comes into it own and interplays with the rich, green and smoky earthiness of vetiver. A faint background of a vanillic musk and leather present. A suave drydown ensues. This versatile and high-quality scent has good projection, with a 3-hour, scent cloud, and good longevity, 7-8- hours. However, this composition appears to have purloined its varied, scent paths from other, existng scents. And, although I give the fragrance a "Thumbs Up," it is given unenthusiastically because of the flagrant lack of originality.

04 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 20th May, 2012)

Mens Cologne Hub's avatar

I really liked this one a lot. On first glance, I kind of wrote this one off thinking that it would just be juvenile and adolescent due to the design of the bottle. I was happy to find that it was actually really warm and inviting.

On the onset, it is almost overly fruity and sweet. Some might even say sickeningly sweet, and I can see why. The fruity bubblegum comments are spot on. After a while though, these sweet notes settle down considerably, allowing the spicy notes to really shine through. I'd try wearing this one around for a half hour or so before making a final decision, as that's when I really fell in love with it.

24 April, 2012

informer_at's avatar

Austria Austria

That nasty stuff called "Antidote" is forgiven and forgotten. SPICEBOMB is just amazing!
    Gourmand at its best with a nostalgic note and some old school, warps me into the seventies when things were things and not some scams from china.
    It is "La dolce vita" of frangrances, Angel Amen by Mugler should look over its shoulder, Spicebomb is coming!

18 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 23 April, 2012)