Negative Reviews of A*Men: Le Gôut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [hot chili pepper paste] by

Find out more about A*Men: Le Gôut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [hot chili pepper paste] by in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

PAguy's avatar

I love the A*Men line of fragrances, so I blindly bought this one from the Mugler website, since I wasn't able to find it locally to sample. This was a mistake. The chili scent is overwhelming, and I have tried wearing it several times, thinking there has to be better notes if I wait it out. I never get past the chili, and I don't know why anyone would want to smell like a chili pepper. I'd like to say it's the last time I ever buy without sampling first, but probably won't be. I do regret this one though. But, I hope Mugler continues to try new combinations for A*Men, this is one list of flankers with some really successful results, like Pure Havanne and Pure Malt, and event eh former B*Men.

15th July, 2012

slesperado's avatar

This stuff smells horrible. There is no balance to the fragrance at all. It just smells like I'm wearing chilli pepper powder. I could not smell any of the other notes in this until it reached its basenotes stage 4 hours later. That stage only lasted for about an hour, then the fragrance was completely gone. This fragrance actually REPELLED girls when I wore it. After two days of testing it, I returned it to Nordstrom. That was the first time I'd ever returned a cologne in my entire life!

Seriously... If this stuff if "good", then why hasn't it sold yet (at this particular moment). It's been on the market for around 6 months now. Some stores have even REDUCED the price of it because of it's low demand.

Thierry Mugler needs to do the smart thing and permanently add Pure Malt and Pure Havane to its lineup.

24th May, 2012