Positive Reviews of Honour Man by Amouage

Slightly spicey and woody, Honour Man reminded me of Journey Man. Has a retro vibe going on. The pepper in this is very good. Projection and longevity are great. Typical Amouage, but one I really like. 8/10
05th July, 2016
So I am reviewing the non-magnetic cap fragrance of Honour Man: Great fragrance, I think Honour Man sit somewhere between Epic and Interlude. Honour is not as potent as Interlude, however it is not as smoky as Epic. With Honour Man you get a nice geranium mixed with the black and pink pepper and and it comes off very inviting. there is this creamy feel that Honour Man leaves in its trail along with this sweet smoky aroma that lifts off the skin in a very beautiful way. Some have concluded this to be too peppery...I'm not getting this, yet to each is his/her own; I don't think this is to harsh or stringent to the nose, however be careful on the sprayer; not sure if ones needs loads of this.
Honour Man is masculine in my opinion, however, a woman could pull this off.

Overall: great fragrance from this line.
Projection: 6.5-7
Sillage: 6.5
Longevity: 6.5-7
30th March, 2016
This is between a Neutral and a Thumbs Up. I got a sample of this and loved it. I had been looking for a good pepper scent.

I got in on a split, and though I still liked it, began to think it smelled a little like bug spray. I'm not sure if it's the pepper, or something else. It's not bad enough for me to stop wearing it, but that feeling is always there.

On the plus side, I don't think any mosquitoes have bitten me while wearing it...
04th March, 2016

Amouage Honour Man falls into the category of the less-hyped men's fragrances, and it's not difficult to understand why, given that this is most a fresh spicy fragrance derived from a heavy use of pepper. While the opening is a bit harsh for my taste, it quickly descends into a fresh peppery blend that is quite pleasant to my nose. While the pepper is noteworthy, no other notes jump out at me, so the notes in the dry down being shown as a muted blend of cedar, patchouli, musk, and tonka more or less makes sense.

I definitely wouldn't call this overrated but longevity-wise, it's a bit disappointing for the standard (even discounted) Amouage price. Projection is decent for the first hour or two then calms down dramatically--it's no Interlude Man.

I enjoy pepper but have an alternate in the form of a Duross & Langel Black Pepper EDC that might be considered a viable (albeit less refined) replacement. Still, I'd certainly consider purchasing this in the future. A good pepper option if you like pepper-dominant fragrances.

7 out of 10
11th January, 2016
After long and intensive testing of the whole 'Man' (14 pieces) line from this brand Honour is the one that I prefer the most. Most of the offerings are from the dark incensy and woody kind...nothing groundbreaking, nothing new and certainly not worth the price. To me there are four that are different: Dia man, Ciel Man, Reflection Man and my final choice Honour Man, a perfect and unique smelling symbiosis (and surely not a copy) of the scents mentioned by Alfarom: Encre Noire, CDG2Man, Sel De Vetiver, Sycomore and especially Ormonde Man. To me Amouage Honour Man is what Ormonde Man should have been...that's the point!!

30th July, 2015 (last edited: 13th August, 2015)
Absolutely love this scent! It's a little bit of a strange take on pepper. It has an odd spice to it and I'm pretty sure it's due to the geranium, yet that is exactly what makes it so appealing. The geranium gives it almost a bitter edge when mixed with the nutmeg and frankincense and the contrast is that it also freshens it in a peculiar way. Make no doubt about it, this is a musky-cedar and peppery scent through and through, and even though it is quite linear, there are a lot of subtle adjustments up close and afar. Amazing longevity and projection.....lasts all day and into the night. Maybe not for everyone, but the brilliance is not lost on me. 4.5 out of 5
25th December, 2014
The best. The very best. Deep, large, solid, but transparent. House burning down, save the bottle of Honour Man! Forget the pepper, it doesn't matter what the smell is made of, it is buffered, wrapped up, or sitting on a cloud, and it is divine. In my top one! Makes many popular scents smell like a mistake.
16th November, 2013
Pepper, woods, musk

Surprisingly this has great longevity and sillage.  Rich but in a different way than most Amouages.  In my opinion, this reminded me of a less dirty Terre d'Hermes.  Strong pepper and woods that is mostly linear to my nose.  Worthy of a decant but probably not bottle worthy at the price

Pros: longevity, projection
Cons: price, not as unique as other Amouages

17th May, 2013
Honour is a fantastic spicy/woody fragrance and very unique. Sillage, lasting power and projection are great. Thumbs up for the fragrance and thumbs down for the price.
01st December, 2012
At first I was not impressed. I thought, "Really? After Epic, Memoir, Ciel and even Dia?" I love Amouage and was not fond of Honour Man at first sniff. I was not convinced.

The day went on as I tested it and by the end of the day I knew it was something special. I wanted a strong, peppery scent that wouldn't fall short or overdo itself. The scent stood by me all day and lingered into the next. The stuff is strong.

The scent is a clean pepper provided by geranium. It is pepper sculpted by incense. It is a pepper fragrance with wearability and personality. An enhancing quality to one's own characteristics that blends with and becomes a part of you.

I thought Memoir or Epic was going to be my first Amouage but after spending the day/night/morning/evening with Honour, it was clear that this would be my entry into the wonderful world of Amouage.
07th November, 2012 (last edited: 12th January, 2013)
Kaern Show all reviews
Heavy, intoxicating mix of peppers, musks and a very prominent tonka note. This is all topped off by Amouage's terrific frankincense note, which I am a real sucker for. Very lush and lasts for ever on me. Best in show since Jubilation XXV imo. I feel an Interlude coming.
20th September, 2012
The main lesson of Honour Man is that there’s pepper and there’s pepper. There’s the stuff that gets up your nose and makes you sneeze and then there’s this which makes the nostrils flare with bliss, a complex dancing thing that introduces a lovely, light and pretty classy geranium and vetiver accord. A sharp frankincense-cedar accord keeps the wearer on their toes. I’ll agree with those who complain that perfumes like Honour Man represent the mainstreaming of a line known for OTT riches; this does not proclaim difference, but then it doesn’t need to. This is mainstream in the most suave and distinguished way, a perfume of restraint and elegance. The whole experience of wearing it is clean, cool like a fresh shirt and pretty enticing. I felt I could happily wear it day after day, until I did just that and found my interest flagging. The drydown is curiously fougere-like with a wisp of laundry musks trailing around it. My main grouch is that it wears pretty close to the skin and has a half-day life; can’t justify the expense for that.
20th August, 2012
Typical Amouage scent for people who like it harsh.

If you know Epic Man, Honour makes kind of the impression to be the basic for the former.

The strongest notes to my nose are Cedar and Frankincense.

Very powerful and excellent longevity tough might not be for everybody.
12th July, 2012 (last edited: 04th November, 2012)

A lot of pink and black pepper, incense, musk, nutmeg and cedar. That's about all I can smell, but the result is something that smells unique to me. Everything is soft and smooth. It feels as if a very subtle hand crafted it. The incense especially; it's unlike most of the darker and harsher incense of other niche houses, it has a very smooth and light texture. In a strange way, sometimes Honour man vaguely smells like skin after getting out of a pool with chlorine. But it smells good anyway, like a lighter, peppery, smoky version of that, if you can believe it. I like the drydown too: I like how Honour manages to stay soft and subtle yet pervasive with what I can only describe as a glowing and luminous sillage/projection, like moonlight, dim but then again more than sufficient to light up everything for vision. Anyway, I just bought a bottle. It occurred to me that this would be a terrific October-November fragrance yet at the same time also eminently wearable for wet spring and summer days (smelling this with the smell of rain on warm pavement? Win!). Honour Man is another Amouage success if you ask me.
14th March, 2012