Positive Reviews of Honour Man by Amouage

Find out more about Honour Man by Amouage in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

0j76's avatar

England England

The best. The very best. Deep, large, solid, but transparent. House burning down, save the bottle of Honour Man! Forget the pepper, it doesn't matter what the smell is made of, it is buffered, wrapped up, or sitting on a cloud, and it is divine. In my top one! Makes many popular scents smell like a mistake.

16 November, 2013

reveillee's avatar

Pepper, woods, musk

Surprisingly this has great longevity and sillage.  Rich but in a different way than most Amouages.  In my opinion, this reminded me of a less dirty Terre d'Hermes.  Strong pepper and woods that is mostly linear to my nose.  Worthy of a decant but probably not bottle worthy at the price

Pros: longevity, projection
    Cons: price, not as unique as other Amouages

17 May, 2013

's avatar

Honour is a fantastic spicy/woody fragrance and very unique. Sillage, lasting power and projection are great. Thumbs up for the fragrance and thumbs down for the price.

01st December, 2012

Marathon Alchemist's avatar

At first I was not impressed. I thought, "Really? After Epic, Memoir, Ciel and even Dia?" I love Amouage and was not fond of Honour Man at first sniff. I was not convinced.

The day went on as I tested it and by the end of the day I knew it was something special. I wanted a strong, peppery scent that wouldn't fall short or overdo itself. The scent stood by me all day and lingered into the next. The stuff is strong.

The scent is a clean pepper provided by geranium. It is pepper sculpted by incense. It is a pepper fragrance with wearability and personality. An enhancing quality to one's own characteristics that blends with and becomes a part of you.

I thought Memoir or Epic was going to be my first Amouage but after spending the day/night/morning/evening with Honour, it was clear that this would be my entry into the wonderful world of Amouage.

07 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 12 January, 2013)

Kaern's avatar

Heavy, intoxicating mix of peppers, musks and a very prominent tonka note. This is all topped off by Amouage's terrific frankincense note, which I am a real sucker for. Very lush and lasts for ever on me. Best in show since Jubilation XXV imo. I feel an Interlude coming.

20th September, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

The main lesson of Honour Man is that there’s pepper and there’s pepper. There’s the stuff that gets up your nose and makes you sneeze and then there’s this which makes the nostrils flare with bliss, a complex dancing thing that introduces a lovely, light and pretty classy geranium and vetiver accord. A sharp frankincense-cedar accord keeps the wearer on their toes. I’ll agree with those who complain that perfumes like Honour Man represent the mainstreaming of a line known for OTT riches; this does not proclaim difference, but then it doesn’t need to. This is mainstream in the most suave and distinguished way, a perfume of restraint and elegance. The whole experience of wearing it is clean, cool like a fresh shirt and pretty enticing. I felt I could happily wear it day after day, until I did just that and found my interest flagging. The drydown is curiously fougere-like with a wisp of laundry musks trailing around it. My main grouch is that it wears pretty close to the skin and has a half-day life; can’t justify the expense for that.

20th August, 2012

nonsisa's avatar

Germany Germany

Typical Amouage scent for people who like it harsh.

If you know Epic Man, Honour makes kind of the impression to be the basic for the former.

The strongest notes to my nose are Cedar and Frankincense.

Very powerful and excellent longevity tough might not be for everybody.

12 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 04 November, 2012)

autumngleeman's avatar

A lot of pink and black pepper, incense, musk, nutmeg and cedar. That's about all I can smell, but the result is something that smells unique to me. Everything is soft and smooth. It feels as if a very subtle hand crafted it. The incense especially; it's unlike most of the darker and harsher incense of other niche houses, it has a very smooth and light texture. In a strange way, sometimes Honour man vaguely smells like skin after getting out of a pool with chlorine. But it smells good anyway, like a lighter, peppery, smoky version of that, if you can believe it. I like the drydown too: I like how Honour manages to stay soft and subtle yet pervasive with what I can only describe as a glowing and luminous sillage/projection, like moonlight, dim but then again more than sufficient to light up everything for vision. Anyway, I just bought a bottle. It occurred to me that this would be a terrific October-November fragrance yet at the same time also eminently wearable for wet spring and summer days (smelling this with the smell of rain on warm pavement? Win!). Honour Man is another Amouage success if you ask me.

14 March, 2012