Reviews of Voyage d'Hermes Parfum by Hermès

Find out more about Voyage d'Hermes Parfum by Hermès in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

NOiDONThaveBO's avatar

I like this one. The citrus is strong up front with some sweetness, but underneath I find an umami amber backing. In my opinion this is suitable for a male or female wearer. It is long lasting enough to give me all day wear into the evening although it will not be as strong by that time. To me this is an ideal summer scent.
    The Good: Great smell, great longevity.
    The Bad: Can occasionally smell too bright and be nauseating.
    Overall: A strong choice for a summer scent, but don't over-apply.

10th April, 2014

Wild Gardener's avatar

England England

A divertimento of coconut oil sun cream, hot sand and citrus fruit cocktail.
    Like many of Elléna's impressionist compositions it doesn't have great longevity,
    but its fun while it lasts.
    Not bad at all.

14 February, 2014

The Scent's avatar

Begins good then very soon it breaks apart very very quickly!

Very very poor pure perfume? edp?

Really dont think so!

If i spend more than 100 euro's on a edp i want 10 to 12 hours fun minimum!

There are rules in perfumery there is edc edt edp and perfume each with its own strength!

They simply cant call it edp or pure perfume because they want it to be!

It HAS to be!

25 November, 2013

patsavouta's avatar

Kirie eleisson! the opening is a real incense. it makes me almost cough!!! (most hopefully not gag reflex)
    i can smell no cardamon in there, i can easily smell burned incense and pepper, so much pepper in an overdone way, considering to its high prize sounds like a cheat for my nose, no offence to hermes, but won't wear that.

23 April, 2013 (Last Edited: 12 May, 2013)

VanAllan's avatar

Romania Romania

Better in my book than many similar mentioned fragrances, especialy EDT edition and Cartier Essence.
    Strong bitter-fresh-spicy combo at top (coriander-plenty, make me think of Eau de Cartier Concentree, pepper and some bitter fresh notes from juniper), stayed on my skin more than 1 hr., until the green flowery middle notes take the stage (beautiful rose-remember in some aspects Burberry Brit, aromatic tea-like the one in Gucci II) putting some of the spices in background, but still going strong.
    After 3-4 hrs, the base kicks in and the ambery-woody notes melt the whole in an elegant aura that remains on skin a long time, asking to be sniffed more and more. Unisex?!...who cares? My rank 9/10.
    I love it by now and thinking at the moment when I will own and enjoy it, I only can say: "The best is yet to come" :)

08 November, 2012

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

Lives up to the EdP aspect, not a bad frag but still bugs me that Hermes originality since TdH hasn't found a new boulevard to trod.

11th October, 2012

odysseusm's avatar

I did a side-by-side comparison between the EdT and Parum versions.
    The EdT is very bright, crisp, lemony. It is dry and translucent.
    The Parfum, as expected, is more substantial and has greater longevity. It is not as lemony, is a bit sweeter and spicier. The juniper is a different note, and it adds a welcome brightness and an aromatic note. At times there is a note which reminds me of geranium rose, and which is very pleasant. There is a bit of buttery amber, but this is restrained.
    Both scents finish with a birch note. The Parfum version is warmer, richer, and smoother.
    My preference is for the EdT because of its dry crispness. But the Parfum version is quite good.

11th June, 2012

rollzst's avatar

fantastic fragrance, warm spicy and uplifting. This one is also long lasting.

18 May, 2012

OnLyTNT's avatar

I got these pure perfume samples as a gift from a cosmetic shop. Opening is wonderful, spicy citrus, grapefruit mostly, fades away pretty quickly. Then, it goes floral, I detect rose and tea notes (which I love) there. And... Very disappointing drydown happens!. I get musk along with heart notes at the end but dry down smells like it gets watered down (eh, may be that was the goal?). In general, this smells like cold, fresh, floral version of Terre'd Hermes.

Since it's pure perfume, just at the beggining, it projects damn good. I applied one sprey at the back of each ear. I was hardly getting the smell after mid day, so longevity wasn't that good for a pure perfume or my expectations were too high. I wouldn't bother to buy EDT version. Actually, I think like others, it's overpriced.

I give neutral, because for a pure perfume it didn't performed as I expected, also I don't find anything special about it and the price is just bleh! Still, this is a good fragrance for who wishes to smell just expensive, there you go.

31st March, 2012

Marais's avatar

One to try for fans of the original Voyage EdT, and perhaps waverers. The added rose note is the most obvious difference, which has the effect of giving Voyage a warm heart. Longevity is about 6 hrs, and like the EdT, it needs a heavy hand in application. Still unisex.

14 March, 2012

danny1967's avatar

soapy is the first thought that comes to my mind. the spice (courtesy of the cardamon) is very evident, followed by juniper and a very slight amber note. i did not smell the original edt so i cannot really compare them. the only thing i can tell you is that it is very linear and in the drydown it smells like an expensive barber shop. to that end, it reminds me a lot of helmut lang eau de cologne, but it is the 'poor man's helmut land edc' so if you cannot find or afford helmut lang edc then i definitely recommend buying this one. another overpriced product from hermes? yes. i give it a neutral because i cannot say that i don't like it but i definitely wouldn't buy it, especially considering the price.

16 February, 2012