Neutral Reviews of Voyage d'Hermes Parfum by Hermès

Find out more about Voyage d'Hermes Parfum by Hermès in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar
    Andrewthecologneguy
    Nigeria Nigeria

Lives up to the EdP aspect, not a bad frag but still bugs me that Hermes originality since TdH hasn't found a new boulevard to trod.

11th October, 2012

OnLyTNT's avatar
    OnLyTNT

I got these pure perfume samples as a gift from a cosmetic shop. Opening is wonderful, spicy citrus, grapefruit mostly, fades away pretty quickly. Then, it goes floral, I detect rose and tea notes (which I love) there. And... Very disappointing drydown happens!. I get musk along with heart notes at the end but dry down smells like it gets watered down (eh, may be that was the goal?). In general, this smells like cold, fresh, floral version of Terre'd Hermes.

Since it's pure perfume, just at the beggining, it projects damn good. I applied one sprey at the back of each ear. I was hardly getting the smell after mid day, so longevity wasn't that good for a pure perfume or my expectations were too high. I wouldn't bother to buy EDT version. Actually, I think like others, it's overpriced.

I give neutral, because for a pure perfume it didn't performed as I expected, also I don't find anything special about it and the price is just bleh! Still, this is a good fragrance for who wishes to smell just expensive, there you go.

31st March, 2012

danny1967's avatar
    danny1967

soapy is the first thought that comes to my mind. the spice (courtesy of the cardamon) is very evident, followed by juniper and a very slight amber note. i did not smell the original edt so i cannot really compare them. the only thing i can tell you is that it is very linear and in the drydown it smells like an expensive barber shop. to that end, it reminds me a lot of helmut lang eau de cologne, but it is the 'poor man's helmut land edc' so if you cannot find or afford helmut lang edc then i definitely recommend buying this one. another overpriced product from hermes? yes. i give it a neutral because i cannot say that i don't like it but i definitely wouldn't buy it, especially considering the price.

16 February, 2012