Positive Reviews of Voyage d'Hermes Parfum by Hermès

Fantastic!

I have been testing this one for 3-4 years but was for some reason hesitant towards it. It grew on me slowly. I would say this is a scent for a man or woman but 35+ Wearing it to the office or dinner out with good friends. It is for sure not something you would wear when going out clubbing.
You have been around the block and you know that you now appreciate quality over quantity.

Some weeks ago i was in a meeting with a male colleague from a subsidiary office but could hardly focus. I just felt this warm and sensual scent. During a break I had to ask him which scent he was wearing.
Although I consider myself straight I felt attracted to this guy because of the aura it created around him. Funny the effects scents can have. I finally got a bottle 2 weeks ago and I love it.

I can for sure feel the vetiver and citrus. But it's not in your face zesty. There is a clear amber and musk in the base which makes this one very warm and balanced.
I would describe it as wearing a cashmere sweater. It keeps you warm and makes you slow feel comfortable.

Think this will become the signature scent i have been looking for a while.
Fantastic for autumn and winter. During spring and summer I think I will go down to EdT which is more crispy.

Masterpiece very well composed.

25th October, 2015 (last edited: 24th October, 2015)
I like this one. The citrus is strong up front with some sweetness, but underneath I find an umami amber backing. In my opinion this is suitable for a male or female wearer. It is long lasting enough to give me all day wear into the evening although it will not be as strong by that time. To me this is an ideal summer scent.
The Good: Great smell, great longevity.
The Bad: Can occasionally smell too bright and be nauseating.
Overall: A strong choice for a summer scent, but don't over-apply.
10th April, 2014
A divertimento of sun cream, hot sand, and citrus cocktails at the beach bar.
Like many of Elléna's impressionist compositions it doesn't have great longevity,
but it's fun while it lasts.
Not bad at all.
14th February, 2014 (last edited: 20th March, 2015)

Better in my book than many similar mentioned fragrances, especialy EDT edition and Cartier Essence.
Strong bitter-fresh-spicy combo at top (coriander-plenty, make me think of Eau de Cartier Concentree, pepper and some bitter fresh notes from juniper), stayed on my skin more than 1 hr., until the green flowery middle notes take the stage (beautiful rose-remember in some aspects Burberry Brit, aromatic tea-like the one in Gucci II) putting some of the spices in background, but still going strong.
After 3-4 hrs, the base kicks in and the ambery-woody notes melt the whole in an elegant aura that remains on skin a long time, asking to be sniffed more and more. Unisex?!...who cares? My rank 9/10.
I love it by now and thinking at the moment when I will own and enjoy it, I only can say: "The best is yet to come" :)
08th November, 2012
I did a side-by-side comparison between the EdT and Parum versions.
The EdT is very bright, crisp, lemony. It is dry and translucent.
The Parfum, as expected, is more substantial and has greater longevity. It is not as lemony, is a bit sweeter and spicier. The juniper is a different note, and it adds a welcome brightness and an aromatic note. At times there is a note which reminds me of geranium rose, and which is very pleasant. There is a bit of buttery amber, but this is restrained.
Both scents finish with a birch note. The Parfum version is warmer, richer, and smoother.
My preference is for the EdT because of its dry crispness. But the Parfum version is quite good.
11th June, 2012
fantastic fragrance, warm spicy and uplifting. This one is also long lasting.
18th May, 2012
Marais Show all reviews
One to try for fans of the original Voyage EdT, and perhaps waverers. The added rose note is the most obvious difference, which has the effect of giving Voyage a warm heart. Longevity is about 6 hrs, and like the EdT, it needs a heavy hand in application. Still unisex.
14th March, 2012