Positive Reviews of Zeta by Tauer

I love Zeta... it smells like some (probably synthetic) Linden Absolute that I loved years ago. It is a sheer delight, perfect for a summer scent.
14th April, 2014

I wasn't expecting this; an upbeat floral lacking the dark undertones of many of Andy's creations. Zeta is a lovely feminine ode to summertime on every level. Not one discordant note, not one cloud in this clear sky. It's beautiful, even flawless, for its type.

I didn't know what linden blossoms smell like; I learned they are the sweet, honeyed, and intense flower of lime trees. I'll have to assume this is a realistic rendition of that note. I do recognize the scent of neroli, orange blossom, and ylang ylang in the fragrance, which creates much additional sweetness. That sweetness lingers throughout the very long life of the scent, modified only slightly by the sandalwood in the base. Sillage is strong.

Too sweet for most masculine tastes, I think this would appeal most to women who adore florals that are cheerful and uncomplicated. Perfect for warm sunny days without a cloud on the horizon.

Pros: Rich floral, excellent longevity
Cons: None"

19th September, 2013
This is my favorite Andy Tauer perfume after Maroc Pour Elle. I smelled Zeta the same week that the Linden trees bloomed in my neighborhood, and it was a dead-ringer (meaning exact replica) of that heady blossom. This perfume captures the “pollen-y” aroma of that sweet, honeyed, green, lime-like flower, albeit being a little more soapy than the real thing. It develops nicely, never leaving its realism behind. In short, I’m impressed. My only disappointment is that it doesn’t last a long as I’d like. Yet, its sudden disappearance is better than if it had meandered toward a base that changed the aroma. Do you know what I mean? It could have wiltedinto a wan vanilla or dried down to a musk base, but no, it held firm, without compromise, linden to the end. And then…nothing more. Beautiful.
01st June, 2012

It's late spring, with summer beginning to creep in, the linden trees are heavy with blossom in the woods, their sweet languid scent lending the air a myriad erotic possibilities. A walk here is no longer an innocent walk.
With perfect timing, Andy Tauer's Zeta arrives – a perfume that is all heart. The linden is so real, so polleny and laden with unctuousness, it's like being under those trees right in your living room. It drives me to distraction, all my thoughts are of the sap rising. Thus, a little bottled miracle. There are hints of some other honeyed notes – the rose most likely – and the sandal-vanilla base just melts into the linden, it's there but unobtrusive. Love.
Edit: In cold weather the honey note is a little too forward for my liking. Will save this for spring.
(Review written soon after Zeta was launched hence the ref to late spring.)
04th May, 2012
Oooh ... This is delicious. Think honey and roses in warm sunshine, with a touch of orange
05th February, 2012