Negative Reviews of A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler

Find out more about A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

SwagScent.com's avatar

Not a fan. This smells like every sports deodorant I've ever smelled. It is a pleasant cooling scent, but generic. I would've expected this from Adidas. I use this only when I workout.

24 December, 2012

Davem81's avatar

The fragrance itself, while it lasts, is actually quite nice - albeit still a way short of the other A-men flankers. Cool, minty & perfectly pleasant.

The lasting power and projection, however, are quite feeble. This leads to disappointment for me, despite quite liking the scent itself. I also agree that it is somewhat overpriced, even though we aren't talking mega money niche prices. It's the overall disappointment that cause me to think this.

Once I've used up my sample, I won't be buying a bottle, even for collection purposes. In summary it's not awful, it's just disappointing.

22 July, 2012

Tony T's avatar

i paid 115 dollars for mine blindly and regret every dollar i spent. very soft minty frag that does nothing. for a green go with paul smith or mont blanc presence and save your self the embarrasment of this dismal scent..

26 June, 2012

Pure UK's avatar

What a waste of money this stuff is! To me it smells like a £1 mint shower gel that lasts all of 1 - 1 1/2 hours on me. Its a toss up which is the worst for longevity PS or Burberry london?

I got my bottle from some small perfume shop in Paris in a deal with another frag. I think I paid about 25euro for PS. I was ripped off!
    The only thing I like about it is the bottle. I might drain it and use it as a xmas decoration.

26 May, 2012

icanzapyou's avatar

The way I see it, there's two ways to approach this fragrance. One can choose to look at it independent of the other A*Men flankers and try to judge it by itself. Alternatively, one can compare it to the rest of the flankers and decide whether or not they like it.

My take is: no matter how you judge this thing, it's just horrifying. Now, I choose to compare this thing to the other A*Men flankers, which I happen to like very much. My gosh, how much more could you possibly screw up the entire A*Men line? This is nothing like any of the other Pures. It's not sweet, it's not spicy, it's not interesting. If anything, this is musty. I realize that this is supposed to be an interpretation of mint, the same way Havane is cigars, Malt is whiskey, and so on. Well, problem number one was that when I first smelled this, I didn't really pick up the mint note at all. I don't think this does mint any justice at all.

This is bizarre. It conjures the mental connotation of a dusty old attic. Or like something died. Forget longevity, forget projection. The scent itself is disgusting. Pure Shot is the phantom menace of the fragrance world.

25 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 28 May, 2012)

pjsearcy's avatar

I'M A BIG FAN OF THIERRY MUGLER COLOGNE, BUT THIS FALLS SHORT OF THE HOUSE, I DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE OTHER REVIEWS ABOUT THE LONGEVITY, BOY WAS I WRONG, I LIVE IN GA WHERE THE WEATHER IS WARM THE PURE SHOT DIDN'T LAST NO LONGER THAN 3 HOURS ON MY SKIN,THEY NEED TO REDO THIS PLUS DROP THE PRICE, I CAN'T SEE MYSELF PAYING ANOTHER $85 DOLLARS FOR THIS PLEASE LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS ABOUT PURE SHOT.

23 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 May, 2012)

Alexandro's avatar

Romania Romania

Received this one today and i have to give it a thumbs down .This is reinterpretation of A*Men Sunessence minus the chocolate and mandarin sweetnes with ice*men or some sort of freshy ingredients added too(probably mint). I'm very Disappointed because all of them from the "pure" line are so great and this one it's a dissaster. Bad advertising - Pure Shot (maybe Pure Copy/Air/reinterpretation) .Don't buy blind !
    By the way , cool bottle :)) and that's all !

13 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 April, 2012)

slesperado's avatar

This stuff smells HORRIBLE!!!

I'm a big fan of Thierry Mugler, but they messed up with their last two offerings. I bought a bottle of The Taste Of Fragrance (Pure Chili) months ago, and I returned it because the chili note was overpowering. I bought sample of Pure Shot a few days ago, and it smells even worse than "Pure Chili"! It smells like a decaying rat.

Guys, PLEASE don't blind-buy this. You might not like it. I'm glad I didn't blind-buy this one.
    It's totally not worth $85. I wouldn't even accept a bottle for free!

30th March, 2012

surge's avatar

What a terrible fragrance;
    I never cared for A*Men, or all the ridiculous flankers that sell for 6 months and get pulled, and then go for $300 on ebay; but I don't think any of them are actually bad scents.

Pure Shot really is a *bad* scent....it's just terrible all around.
    Bad opening, poor longevity and projection, and bad drydown.

Overall just not a pleasant scent...There's body sprays that go for $10 that smell better and last longer than this. $85? What a joke...

They should rename this to Pure Sh*t :P

26 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 08 April, 2012)

Nosey49's avatar

Nothing special.The first four hours for me is a somewhat an unpleasant smell. After that, a very faint, pleasant soapy smell. I wouldn't recommend it, especially for those who expect another grourmond.

22 March, 2012

spcmiller's avatar

Pure Shot tried to ruin my life!

I tried this about 2 hours ago at the Nordstrom @ Fashion Place Mall. It came screaming out of the bottle, with very medicinal and strong top notes. And then, just when I thought it was over, the dry down reminds me of Brill hair gel or something of that nature. I am so glad I didn't blind buy this: I would be pissed that I wasted $85!

16 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 March, 2012)

FumeHood's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Strange how, smelling something in a line of successes, I try to rationalize a way into finding beauty or ingenuity in an overtly clean and synthetic mix of notes eminating from your forearm.

Try as I might, and as promising as it sounds, my final verdict can be summed up in five simple letters:

GROSS

08 March, 2012

cpp214's avatar

Mugler Cologne with some juniper/mint thrown in.
    Horrible projection, horrible longevity.

What a joke. Pass this one up and just go for Mugler Cologne
    and save yourself a chunk of money.

07 March, 2012