Reviews

Reviews of Alien Essence Absolue by Thierry Mugler

Salutation.

I love THIERRY MUGLER fragrances!they are sexy, classy, elegant,everything a woman could want and they always get you lots of compliment.in celebration of the seven successful year of fabulous ALIEN,THIERRY MUGLER launched ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE. more sweet interpretation which will excite young women and those who wanted a softer version of their favorite. Warm,Sensual,Captivating,Sweet,Feminine,Rich and Classy.

Strong and fresh opening of jasmine while cashmere wood and orris root are the central notes in a delectable whirlwind.sweet vanilla,white amber and incense in the base,affrim its womanly character.it scent hs a irresistible harmony and deep and warm dry down but it is not as fantastic as original ALIEN for me.it is absolutely feminine and potently erotic.

ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE is like you spent a fortune on it and will leave you wanting to wear it day after day.this highly recommend for those women who works and who attend to many parties.It is sweet but not too sweet.perfect for a special evening in a cold weather.you can not go wrong with this THIERRY MUGLER winner.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

7.5/10
18th April, 2015
This is my second favourite of the "enriched" Aliens, with Taste of Fragrance being number 1. But even so, the dark earthy notes in this version make it an extremely close competitor with its greater depth.

The jasmine note is there for most of the time, preventing the composition from being plain and sweet, not that the vanilla not is plain in this case. In any Alien the jasmine is more abstract than truly floral which is just as well for me. The contrasts of the notes are exceptionally well blended. A real beauty.

The bottle is rather ugly by comparison to the rest of the series. What's wrong with the concept of a faceted gem? One announcement of this perfume described the bottle as a drop of liquid gold - a pleasant enough description, if not well rendered. Others welcomed the arrival of a "feminine shape". Do some women really need constant reminders in that quarter from everything they own?

But back to what matters, the bottom line is still a five-star-rating for the content of that ugly bottle.
25th December, 2014
This blows most niche vanillas out of the water, in my opinion. In fact, with this and the original Shalimar still around in stores, I often wonder what is the point with niche vanillas – nice as they might be, they can never measure up to these two giants. Anyway, to Alien Essence Absolue. It’s a thick, rich floral vanilla with a whiff of bitter myrrh and powdery orris to keep things in balance. Oddly, this seems to come out differently to me depending on how much I apply. If I apply it heavily, I get hours and hours of what smells like bitter almonds, marzipan, and papery tobacco, all folded into a thick vanilla and jasmine custard. When applied lightly or dabbed on, I get hints of heliotrope or something cool, like anise, against a warm ambery vanilla. The jasmine is so creamy and rich it almost takes on a coconut edge, briefly summoning up the feel of a tropical gardenia. I’m crazy about it either way, to be honest. It dries down to a smoky, powdery vanilla ice-cream on my skin. Putting it on feels like giving yourself a hug that lasts all day. It’s insanely comforting, warm, and sensual. As an aside, the bottle is shaped like a butt. Who doesn't have shelf space for something shaped like a butt, I ask you sincerely.
09th September, 2014

Warm and ambery with just a touch of vanillic florals to take the resinous edge off the starring incense/ myrrh. Unfortunately nothing remotely animalic. By playing it safer ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE is easily the more wearable, having jettisoned the distinctive if somewhat controversial personality of the original. While the flanker doesn't particularly stand out in the sea of floral-orientals it finds itself in, I can't deny it a thumbs up after such an enjoyable ride on its myrrh-driven undercurrents.
30th April, 2013

You can immediately understand that this is an Alien's flanker but, despite the notable resemblance with its previous notorious mate, this perfume is really far more centered over the floral (the balmier orris absolue in this case) creamy/animalic side. This version is infact less "metallurgical"(and i would say less angular and modern) and more, resinous, balmy, rich and carnal. The association between dark vanilla, resinous myrrh and animalic tones is sheer as well as you are enveloped by a wonderfully synthetic animal floral (absolue) syrup. Just a touch of incense imprints a darker feature to the starring amber/vanilla. Really impressive as duration and projection. I still prefer the original version.
08th March, 2013
Virtue&Sin Show all reviews
Russian Federation
Dark, animalic, smokey and sweet-amber and woody oriental that takes your breath away!

Theaccord in between vanilla-amber- incense is a true star here, therefore this flanker is one of the more rich and complex, but far away from the rest of the originals from the Alien line (both EDP and EDT), with its jasmine-dominance. Challenging scent if you are not into loud fragrances, and a must-have for woody and oriental lovers.

Great longevity and high projection. Top quality and tasteful presentation.
10th February, 2013
I really liked this and considered buying it, until I smelt the drydown. This was not a bad thing: it just smelled like a cross between JPG's Fleur de Male and Kenzo Amour Florale EDT, both of which I own, so I did not see any point in obtaining it after all. I do like it better than the original Alien. (Need I say it is very floral.)

Correction: I think the drydown of the original Alien smells more like than Fleur du Male and Amour Florale than this (did I get my tester cards mixed up??). On smelling this again a few days later, I note a strong vanilla presence, and I thought it also contained food like caramel, but I am obviously mistaken.
13th November, 2012 (last edited: 25th November, 2012)
I am loving this one! I have taken the trip down to women's fragrances and worn it at work 2 times so far and it's been great! I agree with the previous reviewer who says that this is easy for a man to wear, quite easy. I love the dry-down where I perceive a very classy root beer :) I wish I could afford a bottle of this right now, but at $100 an ounce I just can't do it with as bad as I have been lately in buying other things. Definitely a winner!
19th October, 2012
Whereas the original can be death-by-jasmine if worn when one is not receptive to it, Alien Essence Absolue is altogether a more abstracted affair. A burnished woody amber, it comes across as a ball of appealing sweet notes that one wants to do unspeakable things with. There are hints of booziness, bubble gum, the cashmere woods spliced so neatly onto the vanilla, that the impression is one of roundedness, cosiness, an insistent nuzzling.
There’s a density and impenetrability about it that will frustrate noses after something a bit sharper; it remains something warm and golden behind a pretty smudged lens.
10th October, 2012
This is recognisably Alien, with a spicy, peppery edge to the opening, & the woods apparent quite early on. A few minutes in, a strong, marzipan-like note of heliotrope emerges, persisting for a good while, & almost veering a little powdery when the orris makes it's appearance. Through it all though, there's an intoxicating whiff of smoke, becoming stronger in the drydown of a rich, dark & smoky vanilla. l don't detect any animalic notes, but l've yet to wear this in the heat, which usually brings them out on my skin.
This is very much an oriental version of Alien, & l would say, much easier for a man to wear than the original. lt's warmer, woodier, more golden, & more complex with its nuances of smoke & spice. Sillage & longevity are excellent. lt's deliciously plush & velvety, (with a nod to Mimi for her use of two of my favourite words!) & in my opinion the most swoon-worthy Alien flanker yet. Absolutely no regrets on this blind buy; an absolute must-try for all you Alien lovers out there!
08th August, 2012