Positive Reviews of Lavender Palm by Tom Ford

Find out more about Lavender Palm by Tom Ford in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

NewGeldachron's avatar

I hear a lot of people going crazy for the opening, me not so much. Okay, the lavender smells pretty real and pure. Thats all fine, but for me, it's the drydown and the base that I love. When the lavender dries down a bit with the sweet citrus notes coming in thats when (at least on my skin) it becomes a pretty damn nice and fresh fragrance.

12 February, 2014

RobertHebert's avatar

Quixotic yet Lavendar

Yann Vasnier proves that he is truly in a league of his own with this extraordinary creation.

Lavender Palm is composed so astonishingly well, and with such a masterful hand, that it creates a lush and intoxicating mirage which bears no resemblance to it's elements. To smell it is to forget it's notes of lime, bergamot, clary sage and the ubiquitous lavender, and to discover a new fantasy. It is a pure, bright, fresh, and cool green floral apparition that is almost alien in its newness, and almost singular in its presentation.

Pros: Wholly modern, inventive, unfamiliar
    Cons:

27 September, 2013

jtd's avatar

coffee talk

I love black coffee, but I’d rather not drink coffee at all than to drink it with sugar. My preference has led me to have my own category of coffee, which is defined by a lack of sweetener.

Lavender Palm is the sweetened coffee of lavender to my nose. It’s a creamy, sweet lavender, nothing like the resinous, woody, incense lavender of my favorite lavender, Parfums de Nicolai pour Homme. But as with coffee, who the fuck cares what I think?

Lavender Palm is distinct, coherent and inventive. The shape of the perfume holds green herbal facets, sweet creaminess, and the nutty-woody notes without becoming unbalanced or falling to pieces. The composition holds the lavender in the center, but keeps it from overpowering the other notes, something a sharp lavender often does. If you can get past paying hundreds of dollars for a lavender fragrance, Lavender Palm is one of the better options.

from scenthurdle.com

03 June, 2013

Amos Jolthead's avatar

LP is a very smooth floral with lavendar being the obvious dominating note. It's very linear on me. It evokes exactly what the title says it evokes. It's a bit strong at first, but settles very nicely. This is the first TF fragrance I have tried, and I guess I can say that there's a definite reason this scent is as costly as it is. The notes are just very exquisite.

26 December, 2012

Jack Hunter's avatar

A very lovely mix of lavender and lemon that smells really refreshing and good. It's one of those scents that is simplistic with not many notes but done incredibly well.

What is though no laughing matter is the criminal price they charge for what is essentially a lemony lavender. If the cost was high street reasonable then this would be a must buy for the Summer but alas not at the price Tom Ford wants for this.

26 October, 2012

LorenzoVil's avatar

Floral, incense, creamy. From beginning to end this is absolutely gorgeous

26 July, 2012

Noalick's avatar

Sweden Sweden

I love lavender. I love Jicky, Pour un Homme, Antihéros, you name it.

I was fooled by Tom Fords Lavender Palm more than once. At first, I definately got the lavender and a certain saltyness, but found that scent suffered from something synthetic. The second time I was looking for the tropical notes, such as cocos that had been mentioned by other reviewers, but ended up thinking the scent was too weak. The third time I smelled Lavender Palm was in the air, from a whiff off my neck, and boy was I taken by its aura. Suddenly the puzzle made sense and I was able to distinguish a beautiful blanket of herbs. There's bright citrus in the there too, oakmoss and flowers. Dry flowers.

Dissecting this perfume up close seems pointless to me. Put it on your neck, close your eyes, start spinning your office chair and just go... ahhhhh!

28 June, 2012

dollars&scents's avatar

Lavender Palm by Tom Ford - Upon application, one is treated to a whirlwind of lavender. A wonderfully floral and slightly spicy lavender, with an attendant camphor aspect, wafts in the forefront of a citric, herbal background, furnished by the commingling of tangy lemon, bittersweet bergamot as well as a green, creamy and slightly salty clary sage. Transitioning to the heart, the lavender takes on a more subdued and fresh, floral sweetness, and interplays with the sweet, baby powder of nerium oleander as well as the airy, aromatic sweetness of lime blossom. A grassy and balmy undertone from a palm leaf accord carries the florals to the awaiting base. A rich oakmoss imparts its foresty greenness, while a somewhat salty vetiver infuses its grassy earthiness. A sprinkling of citrusy frankincense complements the green blend. A pleasing drydown ensues. This elegant and high-quality composition leans to the masculine side, and has average projection and longevity. And, although it is can be considered an all-season fragrance, this scent will shine in warmer weather.

29 April, 2012

kenzoh25's avatar

This is the most perfect lavender perfume I`ve ever come across. Its very naturally smelling with the hints of bergamot and green moss in the background. Very unisex and perfect for warmer type weather. Lush, sophisticated and calming. The chrome bottle looks flawless and makes my collection of Tom Ford PB stand out.

13 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 21st February, 2012)