Neutral Reviews of He Wood Ocean Wet Wood by Dsquared2

HWOWW is a nice fragrance, but with some very commonplace notes. It starts with an ocean salt, that fades quickly and a violet, cedar, green patchouli and tonka bean accord develops. It's clean and fresh, if not somewhat flat. Longevity was decent and sillage was average. My issue is that all of the notes used are not terribly exciting and most are done better in many other fragrances. Ocean Salt - Sel Marin, Violet - YSL LH Libre, Cedar/Tonka/Patchouli - Allure Homme Sport Extreme. I will say, the final couple of hours of violet and cedar are very nice, but the sillage is very low at this phase.

If you lack an aquatic wood, violet or cedar scent this could be a single option.
14th April, 2015
Salutation.

After a great experience by HE WOOD ROCKY MOUNTAIN WOOD i expected another fantastic fragrance by this brand but perhaps HE WOOD ROCKY MONTAIN WOOD was only a small sparkle!i wouldn't say this one is bad but is is not as great as HE WOOD ROCKY MONTAIN WOOD.Cool,Aquatic,Refreshing, Modern,Marine,Nice, Energetic and Inoffensive.

HE WOOD OCEAN WET WOOD is a transparent blend of Violet,Amber,Musk,vetyver,Sea Water and Aquatic notes as it starts aquatic like smelling the ocean water also has a bit of a Melony,Cucumber scent to my nose that reminds me a fresh morning at the beach trip when i smelled it.

This type of fragrances are so nice and crisp especially when you are around ladies.this is very good and refreshing for Casual and Carefree Summerdays. Totally it is a nice choice if you dont mind smelling like half of the other men in the room!Now let me think about HE WOOD SILVER WIND WOOD!

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Above Average on my skin.

6.5/10
29th March, 2015
Smells a little different, and and seems to last a long time. Not bad overall.
13th May, 2014

Nice aquatic that has great longevity. Smells like a lot of marine scents I smelled before. But don't get me wrong, this is a nice fragrance. I got it for about $27.00, and think it was well worth it. 7/10
20th March, 2014
It's indeed a smell of wet wood, I'll give it credit to that. It smells nice. Apart from that it has no special characteristic or "feeling" that it creates so I've got nothing more to say about it really. I'll rate it neutral, although it mayhaps deserves more, currently I find it somehow uninspiring.
06th April, 2013
"Rant" but no "Rave" !

“Ocean” is more a sketch, than a fully rendered seascape: Instead, it's simply a log, just beginning to macerate in a pond of violet and artemisia. "Oasis Wet Wood", done. It's simple, and it's linear; and as such, I like it a lot. "Marketing" should have stopped at that. But to call this "Ocean"? That just brings up a whole new set of expectations. This is barely "seashore".

As far as "flankers" go, it's somewhat disappointing. If "Rocky Mountain" painted a whole different portrait of HeWood, "Ocean" simply drew a mustache on him !! Essentially just adding Calone to the original, isn't going to make this a great "flanker". In fact, the biggest disappointment here, IS that “water" accord. Which comes off as being still, and murky -lacking the salt infused energy of the sea. Blame it on the patchouli in the "base"; working against the water effect. It both, dulled, and "grounded" the composition -even though it technically gave the fragrance great longevity in the end.

Alberto Morillas is usually formidable. But Daphne Bugey really should have asked Jacques Cavallier, instead ! To partner-up her HeWood with the beautifully vivid ocean in his Bvlgari Aqua pour homme (or even, Aqua Marine). The result could have been my new "signature". As things stand, I still like it. I Just don't love it. *Sighhhh...*

Longevity:9/10 (in base)
Projection (summer temperatures):8/10 (in mid)
Art/Creatives: 6/10 (concept and scent execution
only-bottle stays status quo in this series)
How: casual, work or play, summer only,
by yourself picking lint out of your navel.
12th October, 2012 (last edited: 01st December, 2014)