Positive Reviews of Eccelso by Profumum

Profumum Eccelso is a great blend of bergamot, sandalwood, nutmeg, and musk, primarily, with some other supporting characters of patchouli and labdanum.

Mainly it feels like a variant of Creed Original Santal or Montblanc Individuel, a versatile (gender, occasion, season) winner of all sorts. Very sophisticated and fresh yet spicy and interesting with the sandalwood standing out most of all, as in the other fragrances.

Eccelso is also strong on performance, as most like myself expect of the Profumum brand.

While more expensive than most Profumum Roma offerings (at $290 for 100ml, whereas most are $250 or $265), there's nonetheless a case to be made on the superior performance of Eccelso to merit more consideration than a mainstay like Creed Original Santal, which itself isn't a bad performer. OS is still much cheaper by volume ($150ish for 4oz on FragranceNet, 8oz flacon for $280 on FragranceX) but I imagine Eccelso may strike a chord with someone who admires its superior performance.

8 out of 10
14th September, 2017
A slight thumbs up for Eccelso by Profumum. It's s a well made fragrance as are all of Profumum's fragrances. It is very sweet throughout the wear, and seems linear to my nose, as others have said. I do get just the slightest hint of smokiness, with florals, but it comes across with a candy like vibe. I can also detect sandalwood in the dry down, but as I said, this hasn't changed much...it's pretty similar from opening to dry down. Not one I'd invest in, but it may be just the thing for some.
16th August, 2017
Leather in Disguise.

ln the opening l get a whiff of smoke, a very light touch of bergamot, a little spice & wood, & hints of patchouli & labdanum beneath. Then ten minutes in, l get a distinctly animalic leather note. This is not mentioned in the notes lists l've seen, nor in any of the few reviews l've come across, but on my skin the heart of this fragrance is a smoky, powdery, soft leather, & really a most enjoyable surprise. l don't get the listed magnolia note, except as a mere suggestion of floral creaminess, which is gone almost as soon as l detect it. From this point it slowly dries down to a mossy ambergris base, still projecting softly after five hours.

For me this is primarily a comforting & very nice quality leather fragrance, & although it's listed here as a masculine, l would say ladies can easily wear it too.

07th June, 2013

I'm glad that I'm the first to review this piece of olfactory genius. I had a sample of this since April, it took me a while to pull the trigger and buy the full bottle mainly due to its rarity and finding a place that sells it was hard. This is an amazing scent that's very elegant and refined. It's floral, spicy and woody. this should be on the top shelf with your "special occasions" scents (date, dinner party, fund raisers, ect). Wearing this just to hang out with your friends will make u feel like a douche. You wouldn't wear a tux to poker night would u? Five stars, thumbs up all the way
29th December, 2012