Reviews of Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée by Guerlain

Seemed from the notes that I would like it, but what I get is a synthetic rubbery smell. Tried it a couple times but this persisted. Feel like it could use an uplifting note somewhere to balance it a bit. Performance was pretty good for a dry summery thing. Longevity in its category is good.
15th May, 2019
A fragrance that is greater than the sum of it's parts. The start is a burst of tangy lime with peppery cedarwood which smells like pencil shavings, cannot shake the association.lol..... A grassy Vetiver accord soon emerges and you have a fresh lime, woods and vetiver all coming together to make a very nice fragrance. Longevity is pretty good on my skin for this type of scent though it does stay close to you, six hours and it's still going. This is going to be good for the Spring and especially the summer.
07th February, 2019
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée starts out with a lovely lime citrus plus mint, with an immediate appearance of dry green vetiver and underneath, some geranium. Green grass is also present, adding to the already emerging green freshness. A nice non-descript woodiness cements this outdoors-friendly, sunny EdT. (Not sure if I detect any rum, per se.)

What really influences this scent is that firm lime intro. Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée has one foot planted in the classic eau de cologne category, although it isn't as varied in the heart with spices as edc's tend to be. And that's okay: Guerlain has created a fresh, green citrus vetiver and woods cologne that is worth testing out and even worth owning a full bottle, given the decent prices for it esp. online.

10th December, 2018

I'm struggling with this one. I'd be more likely to give it a thumbs down than a thumbs up. The card with the sample is selling it as a vetiver, it's not one of the better ones I've smelled, harsher than seems necessary, more manufactured than natural. It's not a disaster, but it's not for me.
05th February, 2018
If you want a scent for your hot's summer it's good. Vetiver georgeus ,excellent Woods and lime spicy. I love it.
27th January, 2018
Big, bright and bitter lime opening. Reminds me of vitamin c chewables I used to have to choke down when I was a kid. THe drydown loses all that lime and is just a pleasant woody note which I prefer to the harsh opening.

Feels like a summer scent but could be versatile per event. Very good projection in the opening but longevity is average.
20th January, 2018
Iso V Super
From limes of grass trees shading
Thierry's Savanna.
19th November, 2017
Refreshing summer spritzer of excellent quality..hints of the original vetiver but without the old fashioned tone (or toned down). I appreciate the quality lime and mint that combine to make a realistic mojito smell in the opening ..I don't get much rum tho, but I do get a mysterious hint of herbs. doesn't really last more than 3hrs on my skin so I use it liberally in the summer ..a more up market 4711 alternative and a great scent for mingling in party's or french coach journeys ..holidays etc. It's one of those scents that lift your spirits and make you happy like creed Virgin island water. The guerlain quality is there for sure, spray liberally and enjoy the good times. I think the performance issues may be due to a reformulation as I have the very latest bottle shape, the Basenotes (vetiver) just aren't rich enough to support the scent. I can see how this review may seem a bit hit and miss, but it's one of those scents for me that I really enjoy as a spritzer, albeit the finest spritzer available.
16th August, 2017 (last edited: 21st August, 2017)
Delicious is a word that comes to mind. It's not that I want to drink this fragrance, but it really does bring into my mind the type of feeling I get when something is delicious. From an olfactory perspective, fresh, classic, refined, etc. etc. etc. Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisse is excellent and highly recommended for either high fashion affairs, or jeans and a t-shirt. Versatile and fabulous. Two thumbs way up!
11th March, 2017
Just a boring one-note wood scent on me. It's not terrible, but it does nothing to stand out from the long list of woody scents that are out there.
06th March, 2017
Tremendous. My fragrance journey has brought me back into the land of vetiver and this is a near perfect summer vetiver fragrance. Why it is near perfect and not perfect is that the lime top note is a little overdone and it has a slight synthetic dish-washing liquid smell to it. The genius, as with most Guerlains, is in the dry down where that unique Indian vetiver comes to the fore and the odour of incence smelling vetiver puts you in a distant himlayan temple on a spring day. It smells beautiful and in a world of bleu de chanel, dior homme smelling men this smell is unique and yet so beautifully done it is perfect for office wear.
I've found unlike many reviewers that in very hot weather it disappears. A moderate warm summers or spring day however and i get a solid 6 hours longevity. Sillage is subtle and at best moderate.
The Homme line flankers really are superb. Mr Wasser, you've done it again. Take a bow.
22nd November, 2016
This is a solid scent from top to bottom. Nice longevity and projection. Works in the spring, fall and winter IMO. Nice for the office or casual weekends and nights out. The citrus / minty top is fresh and bright with a smooth woody / vetiver dry down. Last 6 to 8 hours with 3 sprays on me. You can find this for a good price online with many retailers. Enjoy!
19th May, 2016
Guerlain Homme wrecked by an obnoxiously large dose of ISO E Super. Here's to hoping Guerlain never does that again. Really can't stand this one.
10th March, 2016

Oviatt Show all reviews
This is really great--Wasser took his fresh, Mojito-accorded Homme, which I like, Guerlainified it with the house note of Vetiver, and turned it into something I love. Fresh, wearable, ageless, this is the best of the Homme line and is a great addition to the Guerlain stable of fine masculine fragrances. When it first came out, I tried it from a tester at an Isetan store and liked it, but not enought to buy, since I already had a bottle of Homme. Now that I have it and wear it, I am sorry I waited so long! Bien fait, M. Wasser.
08th January, 2016
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee is a surprisingly well made boise fragrance despite not properly unique in its genre. First of all this scent is a simply structured (despite yet classically appointed) basic combination of hesperides, rooty/earthy elements and dry woods but overall is enriched by the exotic touch of rum and by a trademark general minty aura (throughout present) exalting the "sultry" type of tropical temperament. More than a Guerlain's creation L'Eau Boisee seems having been appointed by the Hermes master perfumers since Terre d'Hermes (due to a really similar combination of woods, vetiver and citrus) and on a certain extent Eau d'Orange Verte (because of its really botanic-thirsty minty/citric "groves conjuring" atmosphere) are fragrances easily jumping on mind while testing this boise Guerlain's recent creation. Another composition jumping on my mind is (on a certain extent) Czeck&Speak Cuba for its accord of bay rum, peppery mint, citrus (lime in primis) and vetiver (despite Cuba be playing as a far darker, mysterious, "rhythmic" and animalic/exotic visceral creation with its connection of dry tobacco, frankincense and animalic notes). Anyway this fragrance is bright, distinguished, neo classic (vaguely "colonial") and surely caribbean (namely exotic) in style. You will be by soon captured by a vegetal musky earthiness surrounded by a "Faconnable conjuring" stout minty aura, slightly herbal and just minimally boozy. The implemented rum is not a seasoned caramellous (sweet-spicy and hyper alcoholic) one but more properly a kind of light, approachable and blond caribbean rhum agricole from Martinica or Cuba (so enjoyable in its perfectly calibrated dosage). Along dry down vetiver jumps on the stage with its salty/earthy rough nature as a standing out protagonist of the woodsy blend (salty, aqueous, piquant, rooty, fresh). Really classy aroma, classy but kind of wild all at once, perfect for a south american "rustication". The wearer will be enveloped by a green icy atmosphere really virile and dry (yet with a touch of boozy dandiness barely supported by piquant spices). Simple, elegant, virile, versatile. Recommend for sure.
24th September, 2015 (last edited: 25th September, 2015)
First of all: This scent surpasses all the other Guerlain Homme versions in sophistication and character.

Opens up with lime and rum, then quickly goes to the drydown: A lightweight, "skeletal" (yet very well projecting) composition of vetiver and freshly chopped wood. Keeps you smelling fresh and classy even in the highest temperatures.

One of my favourite choices for the hottest of summer days.
17th September, 2015
Salutation.
Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée is a clean scent for every man.any time and any season but also nice for a woman who dares snatch it off her boyfriend’s shelf.Your first encounter with this scent is a zesty citrus burst that quickly softens into a refreshing bouquet with a natural herbal quality. Fresh,Soapy,Aromatic,Invigorating, Lively,Lovely and Earthy.

This fragrance has intense citrus notes(lime)and a waterfall of green freshness(grass and mint)soothed by a woody base(vetiver and woodsy notes)create an aroma that is great and uplifting and will definitely get a positive reaction from others.It is not absolutely masculine.

The dry down is really lovely for me.It is kind of fragrances that lift your spirit.It is definitely a day-time scent. anyway if you are looking for a great refreshing scent you can not go wrong with Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée.

Silage?Pleasant.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10

13th June, 2015
First there is very strong lemon scent and then it drys down very aromatic and heavy wood. There is something food spice like scent which I don't like much. Anyway this strong and very masculine but quite heavy I not very fresh for me. Lasting power is good.
I liked this very much at first smell but now when I have used this couple of times I think this will not be my long time favorite. 8/10.
I don't like this much anymore : this is too lime and too sharp . I cant get much wood anymore that I smelled at first time ?
18th May, 2015 (last edited: 10th June, 2015)
Yes, this Guerlain Homme series is definitely the last great Guerlain’s series for men. While the Intense flanker is just near pure perfection, this Boisée is more contextualized into a “summer-fresh” cluster, so perhaps it’s slightly less versatile and less “fascinating” than that; but still, it perfectly keeps and even enhances some facets of the unsurpassed quality of Homme and Homme Intense. So, this is a summer scent: easily among the most sophisticated ones you can get in today’s mainstream market. The only “competitors” I would find would be either some good classics (but lacking in some “contemporary twist”) or maybe some Hermès... but while they tend to be more unisex and lighter, this Eau Boisée feels bolder and with a more decided masculine shade. The clever elegance with which Wasser kept the “masculine” rhum note giving it a summery vibe thanks to mint and herbal notes is brilliant, so is also the tremendously enjoyable vetiver grass note – which is vetiver, but with a twist; grassy, kind of anisic, slightly citrusy, irresistibly natural and bracing. I perfectly get the comparison with Terre d’Hermès and maybe there wouldn’t have been any L’Eau Boisée without that, but honestly, there’s really no game for me. L’Eau Boisée smells far more crisp, natural, invigorating and complex than Terre. There’s surely something synthetic going on here too, but to my nose this smells so bright and natural. It feels golden, and it feels stereo. And plus however there’s a couple of differences; this Boisée is grassier, greener, more peppery, slightly smokier, and with a boozy note. Utter class, utter quality, utter skills. An effortless summer gem.

8,5/10
29th April, 2015
Lime, mint, rum and veitiver. Sounds intoxicating. Great scent that I had to have because of the many references to Terre d'Hermes, which I own and wear frequently. I used to think that GHEB was a carbon copy of TdH, but having recently worn them both on consecutive days I have changed my opinion.

GHEB and TdH are very similar, especially in the drydown, but GHEB has a much more lime/mojito opening, while TdH is more pure citrus. TdH has a more metallic drydown, while GHEB remains slightly sweet. The mint and rum notes in GHEB are very subtle, but accord with the lime to create the mojito like opening. Between the two, I prefer TdH because it has better projection and longevity GHEB can be a fleeting scent after 3 hours wear and is mostly a warm weather scent IMO.

GHEB is still worth owning and is yet another excellent Guerlain fragrance.
31st March, 2015 (last edited: 09th June, 2015)
Lime Vetiver on Wood. This fragrance is classy, simple, and sophisticated. Great scent I love to wear in the Spring and Summer. It does start and break down just like TdH, just with different notes. If you like Terre d'Hermes, you will want to give this a serious look.
13th March, 2015
Some lime but it burns away quickly into Terre D'Hermes territory with the vetiver and wood. I don't notice much rum but the lime makes the vetiver "tangy" and sharp. The sour sharpness reminds me of Encre Noire. It's an interesting scent but Terre D'Hermes is more evocative. If you don't like the orange/grapefruit in Terre D'Hermes but you know you like lime then this is the scent for you.
25th December, 2014
Just tried this as a blind buy, was looking to replace my discontinued M7 Fresh. This is very different than M7 Fresh, more fresh and more green. I love the natural fresh cut vetiver grass smell. This vetiver is new to me nothing like the vetiver in Encre Noir Sport which I have. Overall mid scent is vetiver, lime and mint, a perfect salad. Smells like a spicy citricy salad thats allmost eadible.
I ordered a botle of Guerlain Vetiver as a blind buy after realy liking this one. Im trying to get my colection down to my top 5 and this will remain along with Habit Rouge, and M7 Oud Absolu and Encre Noir Sport.
01st December, 2014
drseid Show all reviews
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee opens with sour lime citrus over faint whiffs of peppered cedarwood. As the composition transitions to its early heart the lime softens but remains, as slightly synthetic grassy greens and spearmint join the gradually strengthening black peppered cedarwood with sharp vetiver additional support. During the late dry-down the peppered cedarwood takes control with the sharp supporting vetiver remaining through the finish. Projection is average, but longevity is outstanding at well over 15 hours at strength on skin with the composition still detectable past 24 hours.

Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee was a composition I expected to dislike. Let's face it, most flankers disappoint as they tend to be money grabs to cash in on the original composition's success. In this case the source, Guerlain Homme, was a complete bust housed in an equally unimpressive bottle, so its flanker seemed destined for failure as well... Moving past the extremely low expectations going in I sprayed the composition on skin during my recent visit to the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas and immediately knew I was going to have to eat my words. L'Eau Boisee with its peppery cedarwood profile immediately conjures up images of one of my favorite compositions, Terre d'Hermes. The primary difference is it swaps in a really nice lime accord with hints of various greens including mint to give the composition a slightly fresher profile. Taking this thought further, I actually see L'eau Boisee smelling closer to what the disappointing and wholly forgettable Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche flanker *should* have smelled like. The only negative of any consequence is the composition is extremely linear, but that is far from concerning. In short, I count myself quite lucky I gave this flanker a go, as it turned out to be a *very* positive surprise, proving far superior to both expectations and the composition it supposedly is derived from (Guerlain Homme). The bottom line is the $41 per 80ml bottle found at online discounters Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee may have a name that is a bit too long and was derived from a dud, but this "excellent" rated 4 star out of 5 composition has proven that flankers can (and sometimes do) outshine their sources. Terre d'Hermes fans take particular note, especially if you prefer a more fresh green spin to your year-round favorite.
09th November, 2014
If this would be a designer, I'd give it a neutral rating. But it's a Guerlain, for heaven's sake, why does it have to smell so utterly boring? I get vetiver and vetiver with a little hint of vetiver. Very original. It's a safe, citrus-fresh summer scent for unappealing men who bring nothing to the table, sorry to put it that bluntly. Drydown smells similar to Terre d'Hermes which, honestly, is miles ahead qualitywise. After ahve longevity and sillage, complement factor non-existent and price too high. What was Guerlain's intention behind this? "We need to generate some money, quick, do a Terre d'Hermes/Issey Miyake rip-off!"

Pros: bottle has a wooden cap, very neat!
Cons: uninspired, unoriginal, boring - not worthy of its house.
12th October, 2014
Similar to L'Eau, but L'Eau Boisee contains a strong citric vetiver note and a woody base. If you enjoy L'Eau and you like vetiver, then you should definitely sample L'Eau Boisee.
07th July, 2014
Similar to Guerlain Homme L'Eau, but this has more of the woody note and vetiver with less of the rum note. I actually prefer this to L'Eau because I think that the lime lasts longer and I like the lime in this. It's a bit on the light side, but it does a good enough job of projecting and lasting on one's skin to say it's average at both. I think this would be a great compliment to Virgin Island Water or Set Sail St.Barts as a more wearable and mature island scent. Wear those for fun and this one for business. Very nice fragrance and FBW.
02nd July, 2014
The only Guerlain fragrance besides Heritage, which i like. A very well balanced concotion. The hint of mint as being not too prominent is a great addition. The vetiver in heart - base is not too prominent either. So this is worth trying even to those who don't belong to vetiver friends. Longevity is very good, sillage moderate-good. A very good choice to wear on spring-summertime. One thing that's lacking for me personally is the certain edge/sharpness/harshness that i like in fragrances.
10th May, 2014
Well - my first review... What style to adopt? I think I'll leave the detailed analysis of notes, accords, longevity, sillage etc; or a comparison with a cluster of related fragrances; or a snapshot overview of some aspect of the history of perfume, styles of reviews for my later reviews. This time, I'll say something about why this scent matters to me... Isn't this why perfume matters? Fine fragrance has a unique capacity to make us feel transformed, to be enchanted and enchanting... Let's rewind... I was 'an average sorta Steve' - the typical 'couple of bottles' kinda guy (Allure Homme, Terre D'Hermes) - and was out buying my ex-wife a Xmas present of a Guerlain perfume, so I had an obligatory sniff of some of the 'masculine Guerlains': Homme, Vetiver, and Habit Rouge too, and then tried L'Eau Boisee - and I LOVED it... 'Twas love at first spritz! I bought a bottle! It was an epiphany - perfume was something you can be smitten by... I was hooked. This perfume changed me - into someone where perfume matters: so now it's a key part of my everyday life... I spritz and sniff to be smitten :) So what about the juice itself? Well, I love it because it is fresh and light, citrusy and woody. It's also the perfume I wore when I met someone who made me speechless - and that, as I you may tell, is literally 'impossible'... That someone is 'TheOne' :) L'Eau Boisee is always a trigger for magical emotional Proustian memories... So, for me, this perfume is doubly special... It made me different... It made me ME!
04th May, 2014 (last edited: 05th May, 2014)
A perfect fresh lime-vetiver-woods combo!

A brilliant lime-vetiver fragrance that opens like the L'Eau version but when the vetiver kicks in it turns into a little smoky, way better lasting fresh vetiver-lime-wood combo that is utterly pleasing! The kind of vetiver and Iso-E super that is used in this fragrance is the same as is used in Terre D'Hermes. You can smell that easily through the fragrance! Generally speaking, the fragrance smells much like Terre D'Hermes with the orange replaced by lime. Terre D'Hermes is more an earthy-fresh-vetiver-orange combo while Boisee is more smoky-fresh-vetiver-lime combo, added with nice woods! Longevity is about 4-6 hrs at least depending on application and projection is average. Maybe a future masterpiece like Terre D'Hermes as I don't think Thierry Wasser tried to copy Hermes with this particular Homme version. For me the best in the Homme line together with the Homme Intense version as being second and most suitable for warmer weather during spring and summer. Also perfect for office any time! Thumbs up: 9/10.

Pros: Lasting, fresh and a very pleasant inoffensive smell!
Cons: It looks a little like a Terre D'Hermes flanker"

20th September, 2013