Neutral Reviews of Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée by Guerlain

Seemed from the notes that I would like it, but what I get is a synthetic rubbery smell. Tried it a couple times but this persisted. Feel like it could use an uplifting note somewhere to balance it a bit. Performance was pretty good for a dry summery thing. Longevity in its category is good.
15th May, 2019
I'm struggling with this one. I'd be more likely to give it a thumbs down than a thumbs up. The card with the sample is selling it as a vetiver, it's not one of the better ones I've smelled, harsher than seems necessary, more manufactured than natural. It's not a disaster, but it's not for me.
05th February, 2018
Big, bright and bitter lime opening. Reminds me of vitamin c chewables I used to have to choke down when I was a kid. THe drydown loses all that lime and is just a pleasant woody note which I prefer to the harsh opening.

Feels like a summer scent but could be versatile per event. Very good projection in the opening but longevity is average.
20th January, 2018

Just a boring one-note wood scent on me. It's not terrible, but it does nothing to stand out from the long list of woody scents that are out there.
06th March, 2017
First there is very strong lemon scent and then it drys down very aromatic and heavy wood. There is something food spice like scent which I don't like much. Anyway this strong and very masculine but quite heavy I not very fresh for me. Lasting power is good.
I liked this very much at first smell but now when I have used this couple of times I think this will not be my long time favorite. 8/10.
I don't like this much anymore : this is too lime and too sharp . I cant get much wood anymore that I smelled at first time ?
18th May, 2015 (last edited: 10th June, 2015)
Some lime but it burns away quickly into Terre D'Hermes territory with the vetiver and wood. I don't notice much rum but the lime makes the vetiver "tangy" and sharp. The sour sharpness reminds me of Encre Noire. It's an interesting scent but Terre D'Hermes is more evocative. If you don't like the orange/grapefruit in Terre D'Hermes but you know you like lime then this is the scent for you.
25th December, 2014
L'Eau Boisée is an improvement on the original Homme, with the cheap mojito vibe having had the alcohol removed. The result is a simple,light and usable fragrance that opens with a pleasing lime note and concludes with a balanced wood and vetiver drydown. None of the Guerlain Homme variants are world beaters, but L'Eau Boisée is top of its own little pile.
11th February, 2013
Like a few others, I feel this is an improvement on Guerlain Homme.
It is woodier than the original, smoother and has less citrus. The wood and vetiver are fairly powerful and have good longevity. Unfortunately, at times they also have a somewhat metallic character which keeps me from being more enthusiastic about the scent.
06th September, 2012
Kaern Show all reviews
Apparently, Thierry Wasser has sourced a new variation of vetiver or the synthetic equivalent and would like everyone to know it as this just reeks of it to the detriment of everything else. True, the opening is a quite nice and bracing lime note, but it's fleeting and the vetiver takes over soon after. The supposed 'rum' note bypasses me completely. I also find Boisee pretty loud and almost 'generic man' in the drydown. Another impression I got, which surprised me from Guerlain, was of the scent being rather more chemical than normal from them. Even though this all sounds pretty negative, I am going to give it a neutral as the overall smell is nice.
03rd April, 2012