Reviews of La Fumée by Miller Harris

Find out more about La Fumée by Miller Harris in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Jack Hunter's avatar

Smoky incense with woods and birch make this smell very masculine and smoky. Some spices and a citrus like aromas add to the smoky masculine character of this fragrance.

The incense gives the scent a slight sweet sour sweat like note. Add this to the smoky spicy woods and you have a scent for a man's man.

Very good scent for a man to wear. Thumbs up from me!

11th June, 2014

wormstir's avatar

INCENSE

If you like frankincense then you will love this, it smells like mass at a catholic church. Not what I would personally wear, but I guess you might attract ex-convent girls with it...

Pros: Pure unadulterated frankincense
    Cons: heavy duty"

10th July, 2013

Francolino's avatar

great tobacco here

good sillage and less duration forincense lovers, all seasons range!

03 July, 2013 (Last Edited: 16 May, 2014)

OdilonRedon's avatar

Big hit of burning incense up front - the first time I wore this I got Tibetan Buddhist style with some appropriately funky woods and burnt resins, but now it's Orthodox Church frankincense and myrrh with a hit of burning pine. I found an odd sweetness first time out but it hasn't reappeared: now I get fragrant gum, the smell of Bay laurel in flower, burning resins - Greek Church all the way - until the drydown of spices and warm labdanum. While Avignon - the comparison is inevitable - is a High Mass in winter, La Fumee is a summer saint's day on a Greek hillside in summer when the priest brings the censer outside and the smoke billows out over the sun-warmed cistus, thyme and sage. I'm glad I persisted with this one as it is rather amazing.

17 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th May, 2013)

odysseusm's avatar

I find this to be a charming, dry sandalwood scent. Yet, I only give it a neutral rating. Here's why.
    A scent called La Fumee should be smoky! A scent which promises a lot of incense should deliver those notes in a mysterious and haunting way.
    This is a fairly safe, amiable and restrained woody scent. There are some slightly sweet spices at the beginning, and then a creamy-woody sandalwood note becomes the centre of attraction. Props to it for being dry and classy, marks deducted for not delivering on its promise.
    There's no wow-factor here for me.

02 August, 2012

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Not the acrid campfire, incense or tobacco of most other smoky scents - instead it's hot, dry woods, so steaming hot they're just about to catch fire. There's an almost citrusy zest to the fragrance too - no idea which note that might be. It's almost sour-sweet, in a way that reminds me a bit of immortelle - not a favourite note of mine. It only shows up in the bend of my arm - on my wrist the fragrance stays lovely: smoky and dry - but it's enough to semi-ruin the scent for me and make me give it a neutral rating.

30th July, 2012

d_l_esmond's avatar

Intensely evocative fragrance, makes me travel from an autumnal garden where leaves are burnt to a High Church service mystically shrouded in clouds of incense smoke. A hint of the Orient somewhere, balmy and warm.
    Smoke is captured well and it does stay from beginning till the end. Sensual and festive, almost Proustian, if you replace the Madelaines with a smoking fireplace.
    It is something I would wear in the afternoon or evening, more masculine than feminine, more holy and outdoorsy than boudoir. Synaesthesia at work every time I sniff it, it is definitely takes me on a journey!

10th June, 2012 (Last Edited: 22 June, 2012)