Positive Reviews of 17/17 Richwood by Xerjoff

Thumbs up, but there is too much patchouli here. The rose and amber/vanilla balances well. Trouble is the dirt from the patchouli rears it's ugly head. The patchouli is fine in making it more complex..if it is used sparingly but I keep getting whiffs of dirt, which clash with the vanilla.
$600? No. Like it or not, price figures in my reviews and this is NOT worth the price.
13th July, 2017
This smells like a sandalwood and vanilla fragrance somewhat in the style of Chanel Egoiste, especially after the Xerjoff signature notes burn off after about an hour. I like the wood used in this. It has a nice texture to my nose, slightly powdery in moments.
21st June, 2017
Xerjoff Richwood opens with bergamot, grapefruit and mandarin followed by a rich creamy sandalwood that comes accompanied by rose, iris and a touch of black berries.

A deep smoky/spicy/Boozy patchouli soon enters the stage and, it is in this combination of Sandalwood, Rose, Iris and patchouli where Richwood stays the longest until, labdanum and vanilla join those notes into the dry down.

Richwood is a luxurious, indulgent and sophisticated experience, a beautiful piece of perfumery with Excellent longevity (I get 14-16h consistently from a single spray), projection is good for the first 4-6h and sillage is moderate.

Please note. This review is from my carton box presentation bottle. The whole of the 17/17 stone label line was reformulated when the beautiful leather box presentation was introduced. But, I am afraid that the new juice does not match the great leather presentation. I find the original carton box juice vastly superior.

As for the price, I bought DamaRose, Irisss and Homme with this bottle of Richwood and happily paid the high cost admission ticket for my tall carton boxes back in April 2014. Having said that, I would not pay anywhere near the £500 asking prices for the newer leather box formulations. Sadly, that goes for the whole Xerjoff 17/17 stone label line.
16th May, 2014 (last edited: 09th September, 2016)

Very good! But this fragrance initially is identical to MFK Lumiere noire pour homme. This is now a mainstay in my collection.
26th February, 2013 (last edited: 11th April, 2013)
OK, yes, I know, please don't point out this fragrance's pyramid to me again. I am well aware of my olfactory shortcomings. I smell what I smell.
This is a sweet cooking spice oriental which would be all too straight down the middle of Broadway and supremely unexceptional but is redeemed by an oud-like something which colors the whole affair with a little mystery and edge and gives it interest it wouldn't otherwise have. That said, it's still a little too "bandaid" for my tastes. Smells artfully put together. But a cooking spice oriental with oud-like pretensions? So not my kind of thing. Magic carpet riders only. Don't forget your turban.....or your money purse.
03rd March, 2012