Reviews of Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson

FANCY NIGHTS is another perfumes that everyone can love or hate it.I love it.It is fearless and gorgeous with a nice balance of softness and strenght.The fragrance has a magnificent scent of unusual component mixed with patchouli and amber.It will always make you think of nights spent getting ready for fancy dinner parties and balls. Warm,Rich, Special,Seductive,Mysterious,
Sweet,Feminine in a Masculine way.

FANCY NIGHTS starts with a fresh feel of bergamot and papyrus that fades into a sweet and earthy notes of patchouli and rose then woody notes mix with amber and vanilla in its base for a warm and exotic blend for a overbearing the name is fancy Nights i imagine a lady should be wearing a chic black dress,elbow length black gloves a wide-brimmed black hat and sipping a very well-blended Scarlett O'Hara in an intimate cocktail lounge,seated in a private booth illuminated by a small table lamp.

FANCY NIGHTS is a beatufully intricate and intimte Chypre-Floral.On my skin patchouli is so stand out.This is great for an evening out or for a special occasion.Great for winter when you want something that reminds you of furry jumpers and fireplaces.I would recommend it to any woman looking to make a short it is a gesture of purposeful and intense drama.

Longevity?+8 hours on my skin.

01st June, 2015
It all started with the Big Bang:
Bang for your buck, yes, this is so cheap you fear the contents. But that's not all, this is the 'Big Bang' fragrance. According to the theme song 'fourteen billion years ago expansion started' And now I know why, clearly Jessica Simpson employed Steve DeMarcado to create Fancy Nights. It's huge, like Giorgio Beverley Hills it starts expanding and enveloping, comets start flying, the air is dense and it's hard to breathe. With a hundred dollars between them the only Patchouli that equals its intensity, in my experience, is in Mon Parfum Cheri EDP. Well, that dries down to uber elegance, this continues to split the atom and burn your nostril hair. I thought the Patchouli was strong in Purplelips Sensual (Dali) It's like Alien on steroids. Riding instructions: Spray the small of your back. If you still like it fifteen minutes later try it somewhere away from your collarbone. Wait five hundred million years for its half-life before you leave the house! The shrivelled old lady who follows your sillage down the street will be me, it's gorgeous from a distance.
30th July, 2014
I grew up hating patchouli incense so for anyone worried-- this scent is sooo much more beautiful and feminine than regular patchouli! The gentleness of vanilla makes it wearable, and the scent lasts forever lol you only need 1 spray.
21st January, 2013

Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson is a real, big surprise. I'm a fan of patchouli and I adore its scent, however I hadn't managed to find a well-done patchouli fragrance that wasn't niche or from an upscale, commercialised brand, until now.

This particular fragrance has everything I love; a rich oriental feel, green earthiness and great intensity. Le Labo's Patchouli 24 is my favourite patchouli fragrance so far, and believe it or not, Fancy Nights reminds me of it. In truth, Fancy Nights is obviously softer and more feminine, however the distinguishable similarities are there.

The opening top notes are quite rich and bold. Definitely a night fragrance or one you would wear in Winter. First off, I noticed that it smelt a little bit like Prada, yet it was a touch sweeter and minus the amber.

Towards the heart, Fancy Nights takes a strange turn and becomes increasingly powdery. It created that softness that I often desire when my hard-hitting patchouli fragrances become too much. I like this powdery aspect and it think it works well. It's also likely to attract buyers that aren't usually ones to like heavy orientals or patchouli-based scents.

The longevity is rather rewarding and the sillage is moderately strong. I'm rather grateful that Jessica Simpson has released this fragrance seeming that it is a rather risky choice. I'm seriously considering buying this fragrance for the up-coming Winter months.
20th April, 2012