Negative Reviews of The One Sport by Dolce & Gabbana

rbaker Show all reviews
A thin and watery opening camouflaging as herbal-aquatic of nature leads to a nonspecific drydown with hints of a thin cardamom. The base - yes, still thin and quite dull - is a generic musky impression with a laboratory-synthetic patchouli unworthy of such an illustrious house.

The sillage is soft, the projection poor and it lasts less than three hours on my skin. This is a flanker that is unworthy of even bearing the the name as the original, which is so much better. 1/5
16th July, 2015
This the worst toilette I've never had. Smells good but disappears in one hour and never have more than a skin projection during his short life...
05th August, 2014
run of the mill,poor longevity and projection. melon/musk scent thatis average at best. what makes it worst is that it comes from dolce&gabbana so we expect more. the whole one line has been less than average as all 3 have poor longevity..
05th April, 2013

I came across this one at the Dubai Duty Free and earlier used the D&G Pour Homme, just tried this one. Though the top note was very pleasant, by the time I reached by boarding gate, it was all but gone! I was disappointed with such poor longevity for a D&G EDT costing a good 50 dollars at launch.
02nd December, 2012
It's a copy of Bvlgari Aqua Marine with absolutely no sillage and exquisitely poor longevity. Very bland fragrance that can be "beaten" easily by a simple aftershave.
28th October, 2012
I was given a sample vial of The One Sport at a department store. There is no way I'd pay money for this.

When it first goes on, it seems to stuggle with whether it wants to be an aquatic or not. It's slightly heavier than many aquatics, but it's also quite bland. There's a generic musky opening with a hint of non-descript citrus. It dries down into the olfactory equivalent of Muzak. Sillage and projection are average. It well and truly outstays its welcome; it lasts all day on me.

There are varieties of Axe/Lynx that smell better.
21st August, 2012 (last edited: 25th August, 2012)

Boring musky aquatic with a touch of balsams in the composition, an initial dusty-marine identity and a woody-fluidy backbone with hints of grapefruit and patchouli i suppose. Useless and uninspired.
01st July, 2012
No clue who'd pay for this crud. Boring and fades in seemingly seconds. Pass.
28th April, 2012
I double the sentiment of drakecito. At first I was a little optimistic with this one, a very fresh blast of aquatic goodness, but it disappears soooo quickly.
31st March, 2012
Another aquatic, boring and light fragance.

Poor longevity.